Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 01-25-2023, 05:07 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Help-Can't find electrical fuse or breaker

2016 Adventurer 38 Q serial number 89U2.

It seems I have to change out the switch (again) for the electric recliner located on the sofa arm next to the entry door on our L shaped Rest Easy Extendable Sectional Sofa. Grandson number 1 works feverishly to wear the switch out on a regular basis much to Grandpa's dismay.

I'm now on switch number 2 as the first and second switches were worn out from constant violent manipulation by grandchildren. It should arrive from Winnebago parts in a few days.

The problem I am having is that last time I changed it I had to change it with the lines hot as I could not trace down or find a breaker or fuse for the line coming into the sofa for the switch. It was not fun and I managed to create some sparks. I'd like to avoid that and surly there must be a fuse or breaker somewhere for this sofa.

I have searched the Winnebago drawings on line hi and lo and can not find the wiring diagram for the couch or identify the circuit where a fuse or breaker might be. I was wondering if anyone might offer some help locating the place I can kill the power other than de-powering the entire rig?

Thanks for any help or suggestions.

Joe
Americanrascal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 05:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Breaker

If your seat is operating on 110 then don’t hookup RV. Then no power. Be sure your inverter is off. If it works on 12 volt disconnect battery. You could always flip your breakers one at a time and see if it defeats the chair. Good luck
Travato john
TravatoJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 06:52 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

There are some real problems at times on getting good wiring info on the post 2010 models but I "think" I've pinned it down.

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File.../000209730.pdf

First I found looking at the 12 volt breakers, a breaker labeled sofa! Not being sure of that being the correct item, I went to the backside of that breaker panel and that lists the circuit ID for different breakers.

Click these snips to get a better view!

Click image for larger version

Name:	sofa 2.jpg
Views:	38
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	185058

I found that breaker, when turned around to view the back, shows it as being circuit EEC.

To try to reduce the error rate, looking at this chart of wire ID, it seems to confirm that circuit EEC is for the sofa!

Name:	sofa 1.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	185059

I'm going with that being about 90% sure but if not, it is 12 Volt and after getting any sparks, it will likely be the one sticking out!!

Safe enough to handle but sparks are not a good way to start the day!!
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2023, 07:09 PM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Thanks Richard. This is very helpful. Will dive into this breaker box tomorrow morning and try to shut the circuit off!

Joe
Old 01-26-2023, 07:51 AM   #5
Winnie-Wise

Learning here again

Well it was exactly as Richard (Morich) depicted above. I'm learning. So it appears there is no way to open the circuit to kill the power via the breaker (or whatever that shiny thing is that sticks out).

As you can see in the pic all the breakers are push button in the event the breaker is tripped. But no way to open the sofa circuit via the breaker.

What is more bumfuzzling is that where there is a breaker (???) for the sofa it is just a shiny metallic threaded thingy sticking out with no reset button????

What's that all about?

Looks like my approach to changing the sofa switch is just to kill all the power and to turn the batteries off as I want to avoid sparks. Am I missing something?

Any additional education much appreciated.

Thanks for all

Joe
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20230126_092853243.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	145.4 KB
ID:	185062  
Old 01-26-2023, 08:35 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

Any chance that is a metal cap on top of a glass tube fuse? Maybe look at unscrewing ro see what might be there?
Not the popup, I expected!
Old 01-26-2023, 08:39 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

No plastic cap. Unscrewed outside ring nut on the thread a little. Just seems to hold whatever it is in place. If there is anything to whatever this is its behind the panel. I think rather than taking out the whole panel I'll just kill all the power to work on the switch. But I have to admit I am curious about whatever it is and how it works!
Old 01-26-2023, 09:17 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Koay, I'm now leaning toward it being something we can't use to cut power! Looking at the parts drawings and parts number hows it as a self resetting, so no pop out or push in?

Name:	brkr1.jpg
Views:	27
Size:	31.2 KB
ID:	185063

Name:	brkr2.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	52.9 KB
ID:	185064

Maybe turning off coach battery disconnect to kill power to the full 12V circuits other than safety items and then a flashlight if needed to see?
Old 01-26-2023, 01:22 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morich View Post
Maybe turning off coach battery disconnect to kill power to the full 12V circuits other than safety items and then a flashlight if needed to see?
Sounds like a plan!!!

Thanks for all the research and help Richard!!

Joe

Tags
electrical, fuse