Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-14-2019, 03:20 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Smile Hello and HELP! Adventurer 2004 Radio Problem

My husband, Gary, and I recently bought a Winnebago Adventurer 2004. We are currently on our first extended trip in it and learning and loving it as we go. We're currently experiencing a radio that doesn't work. We thought perhaps it might be a fuse problem. In looking through the papers that came with the RV, I cannot find a fuse schematic showing what fuses go to what, etc. The previous owner was great about the manuals, etc and we have probably everything you can ask for in that regard, but there is no diagram. I thought perhaps someone who owns one might be able to send me a picture. I'm going to check out all the wiring when we stop for the evening. That is a possibility as well, but I would really like to have that diagram if anyone has one since it will show where fuses to other things go as well. Looking forward to watching these forums and learning from you pros how it's done. Thanks in advance for any help and tips you can give.
pbridges56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 09:23 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

I have an 04 Adventurer. Is it the original Magnadyne radio? Does it turn on at all or just no sound? If it turns on but has no sound and it has the DHS surround sound. There is a switch in the DVR/VCR compartment above passenger seat marked TV/Radio. Make sure its in the radio position.

There is a dash switch for radio power. House vs chassis batteries for radio power.
Old 10-15-2019, 09:25 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Manuals and wiring diagrams are all here. I downloaded everything for mine.

Winnebago Industries
Old 10-15-2019, 01:42 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I have a 2009 Adventurer that the radio stopped working in. I could turn on the radio on and get no sound but everything else seemed to work. I found it was a shorted speaker on the dash. When I disconnected the shorted speaker all the other speakers started working. I found the radio manufacturer could provide wiring diagrams.
LEHAFER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 03:21 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I have a 2004 Winnebago Brave and you are welcome to the radio/ CD player. My wife and I are going to install a new radio with built-in navigation screen and no longer need the factory radio. email at [email protected]. My minister wife and I are in Des Moines Iowa and will be headed to Laredo TX in early December.
tombones49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2019, 04:07 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

As I recall from when I swapped out my original Magnadyne dash radio, the yellow power wire had an inline 15amp fuse. You might want to check yours to see if you have a fuse on your power wire.
emiddleb is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 07:27 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

There is no power evidently. Doesn’t light up or make any sounds
Old 10-16-2019, 07:29 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

That’s a very nice offer and perhaps may be my best option. I’ve been trying any and all suggestions but still isn’t working. How might we arrange this?
Old 10-16-2019, 07:35 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Thank you!
Old 10-17-2019, 05:57 AM   #10
Just Trying to Help

pbridges56-

Is your 2005 Adventurer 33V built on a Ford or a Workhorse chassis? You can tell by the insignia at the center of the steering wheel.
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 06:36 PM   #11
Winnebago Master

Pbridges,
What no one has mentioned is, most of the Magnadynes of that era, have a reset button that is recessed in, from the front face of the radio. If it’s there on your radio, it will be a small hole, possibly on the right side lower. It’s been a long time since I messed with ours.
There’s no guarantee that this will work to solve your issue but, you’ll need to straighten out a paper clip and, insert the tip of it in that hole. That will press on a tiny reset button, inside the radio. Once you do this, attempt to turn on the radio to see if you have power. Let us know if this works or doesn’t.
Scott
FIRE UP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2019, 10:04 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

On the Ford the fuses are under the flip up hinged dashboard to the left of the steering wheel. Lift the dash, prop it up and the fuses will be to the left with the cover facing up. The radio wiring and harness will also be plainly visible along with any inline fuse powering it.

Its really not that complicated and a wiring diagram to tell you that there is a 12 volt wire powering the radio somewhere under the dash really isn't going to be that much help especially since its generally pretty easy to pick out the 12 volt power line going into the radio. Sometimes the fuse gets blown because someone lifted the dash and pinched a wire when putting it down so watch for that too.

Also ensure that the power switch the selects which battery the radio runs from is fully toggled to one position or the other.

One thing that does get many is that they neglect to switch the radio power switch from engine to aux or house when they are camping so that the engine battery which does not get charged by the converter with the house batteries runs dead.

A few minutes with a $2.99 volt meter and a bright light will tell you if there is power feeding the radio or not.

Tags
vent, radio, adventurer