Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-05-2020, 08:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Headlight switch

I have a 2008 Adventurer 38T, i'm trying to find a replacement Headlight switch. It is a 3 position switch with a thumb dial for instrument lights on the side. Any information will be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
raysfords is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 08:00 AM   #2
Winnebago Master

I think of the headlight switch as part of the chassis, so look to the folks who would have built that portion. If not finding that to work, perhaps pull the switch to look for ID on the switch body? Then with the name like Carling and perhaps a model number, I look online for that model number for sale. Many things on RV are not made by Winnebago but are more a collection of parts bought all over the world and pinned together.
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2020, 09:37 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

The Ford headlight switch used on the F53 chassis is often a problem for folks.

It gets discussed a lot over at irv2.com

Probably still have to pull yours out and get an exact part number. There are lots of switches out there that should work.

What's wrong with yours? You'll see in those links above that sometimes the face pops off. Folks have just glued them back together. I had the dimmer switch burn out in mine, twice, before I figured out Winnebago had mis-wired the dome light.

tderonne is online now   Reply With Quote

Tags
light, switch