Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 08-05-2022, 05:21 PM   #1
Winnebago Master

Headlight bulb replacement 2006 Journey 36G

I replaced the passenger side low beam bulb in my 2006 Winnebago Journey 36G today. Once I finally figured out what to loosen or take apart it was a very easy job.

I found that there are 2 screws at the top center of the headlight assembly. You have to look between the headlight assembly and the fiberglass cap to see the screws. Removing those screws allows the headlight assembly to be pivoted out a little ways on the end towards the center of the RV. Now laying down on the ground under the RV you reach up to the back of the headlight assembly and push the assembly out so you can grasp the bulb & wire assembly, twist 1/4 turn CW and pull the bulb assembly out. There was enough slack in the wires to allow me to push the bulb about 6" toward the rear of the RV so it would drop down to make it easy to remove the bulb from the wire harness.

The bulb is NAPA auto parts P/N BP9006-N.

Be sure to use a magnetized screwdriver so you don't drop the screws as you remove or install them.

FYI: I have no idea how you would replace the entire headlight assembly. Trying to reach the bolts or screws that I didn't need to access looks to be very difficult.
al1florida is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 02:18 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Al,

Great suggestion on loosening the screws, I didn't have as much luck as you did with loosening those screws.

I had a similar experience with my 34' 2006 Winnebago Journey. I ended up replacing all 4 bulbs from beneath the coach. I was trying to replace with all LED bulbs that have slightly longer bulb length. I could squeeze the 9005 bulbs in place, but could never get the LED versions of the 9006 to make the turn up in there to get them in place. I went back and put in new 9006 halogen bulbs for those.

Since I was down there replacing bulbs, I also swapped out my fog lights. I was super happy with the overall increase in light at night.

-Brian
Brian_G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2022, 05:41 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Inquiring minds want pictures of the process!!!

Tags
ace, journey, light, replace, replacement