Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-21-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Got that good Journey feeling today

In So. Calif. Los Angeles Area we have been having some of the hardest downpours of rain with really high winds we have experiences in quite awhile.
It let up some so I made a dash to the storage yard to give her an inspection, if I was to have a leak it would certainly show up after a week of abuse she had. I also expected my add on portable solar charger to be blown off the roof, I was still intack and with my flashlight I looked in every nook and cranny I could find and she was dry as a bone.
Started the genny up, tyo charge the batteries, watched some tv, turned the heat on and made believe I was somewhere else other thasn my storage facility.
Man, I am getting cabin fever with all this rain.
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It is cabin fever time. I also love to sit in the coach during the rain, watch a little TV and just think about the next trip. It is also a good feeling to know the rig is still tight and dry.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

We are in Quartzsite where it has been raining hard for the last 17 hours. We have also had intermittent high winds. We've only had 2 or three periods where it quit raining for 15 minutes to a half hour.
1999 Jeep Cherokee & 1991 Jeep Wrangler Renegade
John Hilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 07:38 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We're in Tombstone, getting rain and wind. We got out Tuesday, which was perfect timing. It was after the last storm and before this one so the trip was nice with minimal wind.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 11:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I too have the cabin fever in a big way.
My MH is sitting in the garage with a foot of snow on the top of the garage and about zero degrees out. Too cold for me to sit in it.
However I am sitting in a motel in Seattle close to my daughter who just had her first baby. I am convinced that I have more room in the MH than this motel and would rather be in the MH but have no experience driving over the mountains and I don’t think I should attempt it in the winter months. Oh well I will just sit here and drool and dream for summer weather like everyone else.
Old 01-22-2010, 12:16 PM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcar6109 View Post
I too have the cabin fever in a big way.
My MH is sitting in the garage with a foot of snow on the top of the garage and about zero degrees out. Too cold for me to sit in it.
However I am sitting in a motel in Seattle close to my daughter who just had her first baby. I am convinced that I have more room in the MH than this motel and would rather be in the MH but have no experience driving over the mountains and I don’t think I should attempt it in the winter months. Oh well I will just sit here and drool and dream for summer weather like everyone else.
CONGRATULATIONS Grandpa
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2010, 04:54 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The rig is just off the patio and plugged in all the time. It takes about 30 seconds to change world's. We plan on being back on the road when the daughter returns from Iraq in June and we give the grandaughter back.
desertrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 12:34 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

If you really wanted to do the supreme leak test you just missed your chance. Yesterday in Quartzsite was unrelenting rain and wind.... ALL day, enough that most folks stowed antennas and slides. Being slides into the wind we had zero leaks..

Jeff - WA6EQU
'06 Itasca Meridian 34H, CAT C7/350
SCVJeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2010, 07:02 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

We had one small leak...right over my side of the bed. It showed up after the wind and rain had slowed.

On the lighter side, I had a tough time getting the tripod dish setup after the storm. I was getting a good signal on the meter, but inside it was erratic and never would show the satellite name. Even if you're on the wrong satellite, the Dish receiver will tell you which satellite it is. But not this time. Finally, after fooling with it for an hour, I decided to reset the receiver. It worked. I was finished in a few minutes.

Note to self: reset the receiver BEFORE aiming.
kjburns is offline   Reply With Quote