Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-17-2021, 10:36 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

GFCI Plug Locations? 2004 Suncruiser

Does my mobile RV have GFI system. I own 8 other travel trailers that are brand new and they have GFI. How does this work with this 2004
Peggy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:00 AM   #2
Site Team

GFCI is required by law in "wet" areas. So, you should find GFCI plugs with testers in the kitchen and/or bathroom. Just like in a home.

For some reason, sometimes they are hidden(???).They can be in out of the way plugs or even in cabinets. I looked at your RV's wiring diagram but couldn't find where yours are located.

Most of us put the Year, Model Name and Floorplan number into our Signatures so that every post carries these details and we don't have to post them all the time. To do this, click on User CP on the left in the top most menu bar. Scroll down the menus on the far left and click on Edit Signature. That's all there is to it.

PS. Just an FYI, it is assumed that your RV is "mobile."
Old 06-17-2021, 11:22 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thank you I found the GFCI In kitchen. I hit the reset and then set it but there was no light that came on when hit reset. Does this need to be checked?
Peggy M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 11:27 AM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peggy M View Post
Thank you I found the GFCI In kitchen. I hit the reset and then set it but there was no light that came on when hit reset. Does this need to be checked?
Do you mean a light on the receptacle, like some home GFCI plugs have? Or are the lights in your kitchen not working?

I don't believe my RV's GFCI receptacles have any light on the plug to indicate the plug is not tripped.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Just plug something into it to see if it reset.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:55 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Does my mobile RV have GFI system. I own 8 other travel trailers that are brand new and they have GFI. How does this work with this 2004
The Body, 110 Volt Wiring Diagram for your coach shows 2 GFCI outlets, one in the galley (which I believe you've found) and another in the hallway. The Body, 110 Volt Wiring Installation diagram shows the physical location of both of those outlets (labelled 'GFI').

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 01:59 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Pages 74 & 75 (6-4 & 6-5) of the Operator Manual for your coach also discuss the GFCI outlets and how to test them.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2021, 02:07 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Just plug something into it to see if it reset.

Additionally, the parts catalog shows two GFCIs, one in the kitchen and one in the hallway. Here's the link:

https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File...04/4ifg33v.pdf

Use your browser to search for GCFI.
BobC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, suncruiser