Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-09-2020, 01:51 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Getting parts - 1999 Winnie Brave

New to the RV life. 1999 Winnie Brave.
Probably silly question but when going to the auto parts store how do you say what you got ? Went today and the guy looked at me like i was stupid (and quite often I am) when I asked about a alternator for a Winne brave 99.
Thanks
Free
freebird1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 02:07 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

Generally if you are going to an auto parts store for parts, you are wanting parts for the chassis: engine, suspension, etc. So you have to give the auto parts guy the chassis name. In your case it is probably a Ford F53 chassis. But it is probably a 1998 model as RVs are often a year behind due to the way they buy the chassis.

Auto parts shops will probably have the basics: plugs, filters, etc. But for anything more complicated like suspension parts you will probably have to go to a truck parts shop.

If you are looking for coach parts, go to an RV parts shop like Camping World (not my favorite, but probably the most ubiquitous).

David
DavidM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2020, 03:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Do you have a bag of the info that came with the RV when new? Folks should save that info but maybe not? In that bag, there should have been a page of so of the vital info like what year and make of chassis.
As another way to get info, this is the Winnebago info on ID of the RV:
https://www.winnebago.com/Files/File..._Motorhome.pdf
Tons of info that you may need at some point here:
https://www.winnebago.com/owners/own...s-and-diagrams
Morich is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2020, 12:44 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks Richard. Those links will be invaluable for us.
freebird1963 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
parts, brave