Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2015, 01:46 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Generator access 2002 winne journey DL

How do I access the generator to check the oil on this unit? I can open the side access door to the generator housing box through the hood, but it only opens a couple inches on the top, can't see in there or get a hand in to do anything. Must be some way other than dropping the generator out to do that.

Thanks!
Old 07-14-2015, 06:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Your oil dipstick should be on the front right of the generator, easy access from the front access panel of the coach
wtresq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 06:06 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanha Pieru View Post
How do I access the generator to check the oil on this unit? I can open the side access door to the generator housing box through the hood, but it only opens a couple inches on the top, can't see in there or get a hand in to do anything. Must be some way other than dropping the generator out to do that.

Thanks!
After opening at the top, lift door straight up and out and you will have full access to the drivers side where all the service items are accessible.
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2015, 12:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, finally got it figured out. Have to be under the coach and take off the cover, than feel around for the oil dipstick. Oil ok, now checking for whatever else makes it shut off after about an hour. Fault code 45, hope it is not the control panel! Refilled with LP but it only was down 5gal so that is not likely culprit either.
Old 10-20-2015, 04:13 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

According to the Onan users manual a code 45 is speed sense fault. Only solution listed is to take it in for service.

Is this an LP generator?
I have the LP on a 2002 Journey and need to get the side cover off to check oil and add. I have an error code 2 which is low oil pressure.

Not sure how I will get the oil in with the frame about 2-3 inches from the side with the cover off, which I still need to remove.
mdvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2015, 06:40 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdvs View Post
According to the Onan users manual a code 45 is speed sense fault. Only solution listed is to take it in for service.

Is this an LP generator?
I have the LP on a 2002 Journey and need to get the side cover off to check oil and add. I have an error code 2 which is low oil pressure.

Not sure how I will get the oil in with the frame about 2-3 inches from the side with the cover off, which I still need to remove.
Any auto parts store should have a funnel with a flexible "goose neck" attached tube that you can insert into the fill access and add oil.
charles tuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2015, 10:26 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Oil fill on Onana genset

The service guy told me he uses a bottle like ketchup bottle, pointed top kind, only bigger. Tough place to get at and hard to see in there too.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:38 AM   #8
Winnebago Master

Vanha Pieru, do you have a diesel or LP generator?
grtharris is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
generator, journey