Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone know the CCC for the gas UFO Destinations? I'm interested in the CCC for the 37G and the 39W.

Thanks.
laplatarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 03:55 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Does anyone know the CCC for the gas UFO Destinations? I'm interested in the CCC for the 37G and the 39W.

Thanks.
laplatarosa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 05:48 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

I don't know the unloaded vehicle weight (uvw) of my 39W, I thought it was on the paperwork here at home but I can't locate it. The GVWR is 26,000. The weight of filled water, LP, and fuel tanks is appx. 1410 lbs. If no one else has an answer I will get the UVW the next time I go to the storage lot.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2008, 08:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I looked at one last September down in Ventura, CA that was waiting for a photo shoot. If I remember correctly the CCC came in at about 1875 #. I felt that was a little low for a coach of that size.

I'm currently waiting for our local dealer to receive a diesel unit on the Freightliner XC chassis as I calculated the CCC on that unit to be somewhere around 2500 # or better. I just wish they would have used the raised-rail XC for more pass-through storage.
Dick A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:19 AM   #5
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wthomas1:
I don't know the unloaded vehicle weight (uvw) of my 39W, I thought it was on the paperwork here at home but I can't locate it. The GVWR is 26,000. The weight of filled water, LP, and fuel tanks is appx. 1410 lbs. If no one else has an answer I will get the UVW the next time I go to the storage lot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Look in your sliding door closet for a weight label. Below is a photo of mine (CCC=3239#s) and this is what to look for.

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 05:26 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dick A:
I looked at one last September down in Ventura, CA that was waiting for a photo shoot. If I remember correctly the CCC came in at about 1875 #. I felt that was a little low for a coach of that size.

I'm currently waiting for our local dealer to receive a diesel unit on the Freightliner XC chassis as I calculated the CCC on that unit to be somewhere around 2500 # or better. I just wish they would have used the raised-rail XC for more pass-through storage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Since both the gas and diesel version of the UFO have a GVWR of 26,000#s and I'm certain the Cummins ISB engine, radiator, etc. would be heavier than the gas 8.1L, the CCC for the diesel would certainly be less than the gas UFO.

-Tom
Old 01-10-2008, 05:34 AM   #7
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Dick A:
I just wish they would have used the raised-rail XC for more pass-through storage. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Winnebago has dropped the XC chassis except for the entry level Journey/Merdian.

Winnebago's new FreightlinerŪ Maxum Chassis is actually a LOWERED rail chassis.

"The Maxum Chassis offers up to 220 cubic feet of exterior storage so you can load up with everything you need for weeks on the road. The secret is its revolutionary lowered-rail design."

-Tom
Old 01-10-2008, 08:00 AM   #8

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:
Since both the gas and diesel version of the UFO have a GVWR of 26,000#s and I'm certain the Cummins ISB engine, radiator, etc. would be heavier than the gas 8.1L, the CCC for the diesel would certainly be less than the gas UFO.

-Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking at the 2008 information posted on the Winnebago website, it shows a GCWR of 30,000 lbs. for the Workhorse and 33,000 lbs. for the Freightliner and a GVRR of 26,000 and 27,910 respectively.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 11:39 AM   #9
Winnie-Wise

I just returned from checking the sticker in my Destination 39W. The CCC is 2327, factory installed options weight is 367. That leaves me 1960 pounds if my math is correct.

UFO Pilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 02:28 PM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by wthomas1:
I just returned from checking the sticker in my Destination 39W. The CCC is 2327, factory installed options weight is 367. That leaves me 1960 pounds if my math is correct. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I believe that the factory installed options are already accounted for in the published CCC. Dealer installed options would need to be subtracted. You can check yourself by adding up the numbers on your weight sticker.

2005 Winnebago Vectra 36RD
cbeierl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2008, 03:33 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

I'm glad Tom posted his weight label as an example as it points out something that I hadn't really thought about before. We're all concerned with the CCC of course, but remember a factor that goes into that calculation is the SCWR or sleeping capacity weight rating. Using Tom's label as the example, he has a high CCC but the SCWR is 308 lbs which is calculated at 2 persons sleeping capacity at 154 lbs each.

Some rigs have 5 or 6 person sleeping capacity which means that the CCC is reduced on paper due to carrying capacity being consumed (on paper) by the SCWR. As example, a rig with a dinette and sofa bed would sleep 5 so it would have a 770 lb SCWR vs the 308 SCWR of a 2 person capacity rig. What that means is often floorplan change the CCC of a rig although it really doesn't change the weight the rig can handle.

If there's only 2 persons in the unit, the carrying capacity may actually be greater than the published number. Just food for thought or more confusion
Old 01-10-2008, 10:04 PM   #12
Winnebago Camper

I guess my memory of around 1900 # for the coach I looked at was not far off. As this coach was a demo for a photo shoot it probably had most all the options available thus perhaps a little less CCC than the last couple of posts indicated. Even at near 2,000 # it may not all be usable depending on the unloaded individual wheel and axle weights.

Tom N, the literature I was given just mentioned the Freightliner XC chassis not the newer model you mentioned. Is there more pass-through storage on the newer chassis? The coach I looked at had very little.

I'm trying to find out as much as possible about this coach as it is the only mid-entry diesel coach we have found with a floor plan we really like.
Dick A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2008, 05:20 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Richard 34A:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tom N:

-Tom </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Looking at the 2008 information posted on the Winnebago website, it shows a GCWR of 30,000 lbs. for the Workhorse and 33,000 lbs. for the Freightliner and a GVRR of 26,000 and 27,910 respectively. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You are correct Richard. I was using the UFO specs from the Workhorse website. The Destination does not use the diesel powered UFO. It uses the Freighliner diesel chassis.

Thanks for pointing this out.

-Tom