Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

We are happy with our 2006 35A Adventurer. However , after driving for about 30 minutes, the auto park feature stops working (the yellow button still works)and the fuses for the cruise control and directions lights blow. Winnebago managed to get us an appt with Finley RV in Las Vegas. All they did was to replace the fuses under warranty. The underlying problem was not fixed, and we still drive withour direction lights, cruise control and a useless "P" on the gear shift handle.

Any suggestions? What is our next step?

Arne

https://www.irv2.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=664&cat=2
ARNE-T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 01:27 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We are happy with our 2006 35A Adventurer. However , after driving for about 30 minutes, the auto park feature stops working (the yellow button still works)and the fuses for the cruise control and directions lights blow. Winnebago managed to get us an appt with Finley RV in Las Vegas. All they did was to replace the fuses under warranty. The underlying problem was not fixed, and we still drive withour direction lights, cruise control and a useless "P" on the gear shift handle.

Any suggestions? What is our next step?

Arne

Old 02-05-2006, 06:37 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

If you are blowing fuses you have a short, thats stating the obvious I know.
It needs to go back in to the dealer for sure.
Please dont try and cheat the fuse with anything as you could cause a fire and lose your unit in the process or worse.

Thats my advice seek a dealers help!

DFW, Texas
Dougmyers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2006, 07:38 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Arne, welcome to the forum, if its a Workhorse chassis give their service line a call and see if they can find a dealer to help you. Best if its a WH service center, your under warranty. "007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 03:53 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

I had a similar problem with my 03 Adventurer. Kept blowing fuses which knocked out my radio, jack controler and power window. Why so much on a 15 amp fuse I don't know. After dealer intervention and continuing problem I found that when I lifed up the dash pod and felt around the buldles of wires there was one that had
the tape worn and the insulation on one of the wires was gone which allowed it to short out on the metal dash structure. The cause was a sharp burr left when the metal panel was stamped out. After taping the lone bare wire, re-taping the entire bundle and filing off the burr no more problems. Good luck.
rjwdzw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 06:35 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Arne: Is the platform for your 35A Adventurer a Ford? If so, as odd as it sounds, the left rear tail light may have a short or may be miss-wired at the light. This same thing happened to my previous Class C on a Ford (a short at the socket). The problems you mentioned were exactly the same as new Winnebago Class C I saw at a MH shop. I joke with the mechanic to check the left rear tail light. He checked everthing else and the last spot he checked an hour later was the left tail light; The socket was wired backwards from the factory. Hope this helped.
Gary CA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2006, 08:04 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Thanks for all the good suggestions. The rig is on a Workhorse W24 chassis. What puzzels me is that the fuses do not blow right away.

Arne

Old 02-06-2006, 08:49 AM   #8
Winnebago Camper

ArneT,

That is excatly what happened to my Adventurer. (W22 chasis) When I hit bumps in the road or one time I just released the emergency brake and the wires moved enough to touch the bare wire to the metal under the dash pod. Does it usually happen when you are going over bumps? If so I again encourage you to check for the wire bundles expposed to the burr.

rjwdzw
rjwdzw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Problem solved.
Thanks for the suggestions. By eliminating all the obvious causes, I found the intermittent short (cracked insulation) in the rig-end of the toad-brake cable. Replacement cable/w plugs cost $55 at Camping World.

Old 02-10-2006, 01:43 PM   #10
Administrator Emeritus

Welcome to the forums Arne!

Glad you were able to find and solve your problem....

Any pictures of your rig?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2006, 05:34 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

I have one ready, but I can't figure out how to post it. Any suggestions?

Old 02-11-2006, 06:03 AM   #12
Administrator Emeritus

Arne,at the top of the page there is a photo section. Here is the LINK to that page.
It requires you to "log in" again with your same login information. Once you log in,click on "upload photo" and specify where to upload your photo from. You also select where to put the photos,whether in a particular forum or your own gallery.
Once you upload that photo,you can "right click" on the photo and "copy" the http address to a post here,or in a forum post by using the picture icon in the top of the "post a reply" box.
Clear as mud??

If you would like "more specific" help with maybe putting a picture in your signature,just drop me a private message.
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote