Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

I called around yesterday seeing who could do a front end alignment. Tire store I normally go to wasn't confident their machine could do a rig my size and recommended me to a larger shop. Called my dealer and they recommended the same shop. Ok so I call them and I was quoted $200-$300 for the alignment. I thanked them but didn't make an appointment. The price seemed really high, but is it? What are other Sightseer owners paying?
Y-Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 05:56 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

I called around yesterday seeing who could do a front end alignment. Tire store I normally go to wasn't confident their machine could do a rig my size and recommended me to a larger shop. Called my dealer and they recommended the same shop. Ok so I call them and I was quoted $200-$300 for the alignment. I thanked them but didn't make an appointment. The price seemed really high, but is it? What are other Sightseer owners paying?
Old 06-16-2007, 06:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Steve ...

I take my rig to a place that aligns school buses, charter busses, large straight trucks etc.

I think I paid about $150 dollars the last time.

Make sure that you have your rig loaded like you normally do when you take it in for alignment ...
skigramp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:04 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Y-Guy, I would call Mike at Brazel's and see if they can do it or if they can recommend someone for you.
Is your unit on a Workhorse chassi? If so you want someone who has experience with the Workhorse.

2004 Adventurer 33' W20 03Chassis, 4 Koni's, Ultrapower/Taylor Wires
BobD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2007, 07:34 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I called around yesterday seeing who could do a front end alignment. Tire store I normally go to wasn't confident their machine could do a rig my size and recommended me to a larger shop. Called my dealer and they recommended the same shop. Ok so I call them and I was quoted $200-$300 for the alignment. I thanked them but didn't make an appointment. The price seemed really high, but is it? What are other Sightseer owners paying?

Steve </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We paid about $175 at a place our dealer recommended.</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 12:33 AM   #6
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Y-Guy:
I called around yesterday seeing who could do a front end alignment. Tire store I normally go to wasn't confident their machine could do a rig my size and recommended me to a larger shop. Called my dealer and they recommended the same shop. Ok so I call them and I was quoted $200-$300 for the alignment. I thanked them but didn't make an appointment. The price seemed really high, but is it? What are other Sightseer owners paying? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The truck shop I use charges less than $100. He doesn't feel it is ethical to follow the unwritten rule to charge at least double for truck repairs just because it is a Motor Home, especially on the front engine gas models.
Old 06-17-2007, 10:24 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

I took my Sightseer to a Goodyear WingFoot truck tire store for my alignment. They wanted to know why I wanted an alignment on a brand new motorhome. After they did the alignment and added wedges to pull it into factory specs they understood why I wanted an alignment.

I believe it cost somewhere between $150 and $175.

JD & Kathy
JD Allen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2007, 03:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Mine is not a Sightseer, and chassis is not Workshore, but for sake of comparison, I had my Spartan diesel chassis alighned last Sept at a truck tire sales & service place just north of Dayton OH while getting a couple of new tires installed. My cost for the alignment was $100.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:17 PM   #9
Winnie-Wise

Thanks for all the replies. He said something about a split or single drive line? Forgetting that now. I'm on the F35 chassis, sounds like he's a bit high on the price but unless there is any competition I may not have much of a choice. I may see if Les Schwab can do it, or find a larger Schwab with a better truck bay.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:00 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE">We paid about $175 at a place our dealer recommended.</span>[/QUOTE]

Shannone, who did General recommend? I guess I should probably schedule this.

'07 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
Curt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2007, 12:32 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Shannone, who did General recommend? I guess I should probably schedule this.

Curt </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> Hi Curt. How are you enjoying the Sightseer ?? Have you been out camping in our area very much ??

General recommended Harold's Frame Shop in Novi. Harolds</span>

~Shannone & Chad [/COLOR]
Lil'Darlin1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2007, 01:29 AM   #12
Winnebago Camper

<span class="ev_code_PURPLE"> Hi Curt. How are you enjoying the Sightseer ?? Have you been out camping in our area very much ??

General recommended Harold's Frame Shop in Novi. Harolds</span>[/QUOTE]

Thanks Shannone. We had a blast traveling up to the U.P. over Memorial Day weekend. We trailered up the ATV's. Weather was great. I Spent a small fortune in gas though. We stayed at Indian Lake State CG and had an excellent view out our front window of the lake. I'll have to post pictures sometime. Our next big trip is out West to Colorado and Utah. We are leaving July 3rd. After reading the alignment posts I decided I should probably get it done before we leave. I will call Harold's this morning.

'07 Winnebago Sightseer 35J
Curt L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2007, 05:49 PM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We had our new Sightseer front-end aligned at a local truck-service place for $88.00 (did it while I waited). I brought the RV to them fully loaded. Apparently there were significant adjustments in several axis. Drives like a dream now.
Old 06-25-2007, 06:23 PM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Isn't this a chassis issue, not really a box issue --
MikeT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 08:39 AM   #15
Winnebago Camper

I have a 30B on Workhorse chassis. Got it aligned last week at local Workhorse dealer for $75 plus tax.
Art D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2007, 12:32 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Hi Y guy, my dealer aligned my '06 under waranty on my first re-visit to take care of punch list