Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-13-2018, 11:33 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Freightliner Air Filter

I just changed the air filter in my 2000 winnebago Ultimate Advantage. It has a freightliner chassis, and I purchased a new air filter about 6 months ago and just getting to change it now. Got the old one undone, it was like playing tetris to try to maneuver the old one around the muffler and out of the vehicle. The new one lost the tag glued to it while I was trying to scrape it past the muffler back into position. Got it into position and had a really hard time connecting it back up. Gave up on sunday after working on it for two hours. Monday called a mobile mechanic and was quoted 200.00 for them to come out and snap it together. I knew I had it 90% of the way installed just needed the the front end snapped back in. I am cheep so Monday night I wedged myself against the muffler and side wall that protects the basement air condenser. From this position I was able to snap it together. My chest and back hurt today, but it is in. Next time I will pay somebody else to do it as this kicked my ass.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

They did not get any easier in 2013. Thought it would be a 10 minute job. An hour later and a sore back.....
Meridian42e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2018, 09:27 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Thought those were suppose to be loosened up, disconnected, than pulled up and out from the bedroom access hatch? My RV is a '02 Winnie with a 3126 Cat and FL chassis and it looks like that's how it should be done.

Just in case I need to do it myself, do you guys think it could be pulled out from above, after disconnecting from below? Easier?

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
freightliner