Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-15-2019, 05:45 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Forza Water Heater and Flow Issue.

My 2014 Forza 38R has very little water pressure on the hot water side (cold water is fine). Some forums suggest a backflow preventer issue at the water heater. I checked the diagrams but don't see it listed. If there is one it will be a real PITA to replace due it's location. Before the pressure dropped we noticed a groaning noise coming from the area of the water heater which sounds like a backflow preventer.
Has anyone experienced the same thing? Has anyone figured out to access the water heater on a 38R.
Any help would be appreciated and thanks in advance!
hellions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2019, 01:25 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Do you have the AquaGo system. It can get air locked in the pump itself and needs to be bled off at the heater relief valve.
Old 12-17-2019, 01:50 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

I appreciate the reply! It's not an AquaGo.Your recommendation was something I actually tried just yesterday. No luck on it being something easy to try! Online research has led me to believe it is in fact one of the check valves on the tank. This is going to be a job...
Old 12-23-2019, 08:50 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

It is likely to be the check valve on the output of the heater. I had the same issue in my '07 Suncruiser. Basically the "ball" gets stuck in a partially open position. If you don't winterize, it isn't even required - and yes it is a PITA to get to. Fortunately I was at an outing with friends and they helped me work my way to it. Better yet, it had happened to one of those friends and he even carried a spare. How's that for good fortune.
RTrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2019, 02:50 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Just went thru this this past summer. Definitely the plastic poppet check valves. Yes, it is a pita to access the back side of the water heater. Fortunately I had a friend who helped me. We pulled one which was still intact, buttoned it up and had same issue, damn! Took the other connection apart and found the check fell apart blocking flow and causing squealing.

You don't need them, don't think any other manufacture installs them. I had installed a "Camco" bypass kit when new and I prefer to blow out and add antifreeze. I would NEVER install them.
TarasParents is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 06:44 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by RTrider View Post
It is likely to be the check valve on the output of the heater. I had the same issue in my '07 Suncruiser. Basically the "ball" gets stuck in a partially open position. If you don't winterize, it isn't even required - and yes it is a PITA to get to. Fortunately I was at an outing with friends and they helped me work my way to it. Better yet, it had happened to one of those friends and he even carried a spare. How's that for good fortune.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarasParents View Post
Just went thru this this past summer. Definitely the plastic poppet check valves. Yes, it is a pita to access the back side of the water heater. Fortunately I had a friend who helped me. We pulled one which was still intact, buttoned it up and had same issue, damn! Took the other connection apart and found the check fell apart blocking flow and causing squealing.

You don't need them, don't think any other manufacture installs them. I had installed a "Camco" bypass kit when new and I prefer to blow out and add antifreeze. I would NEVER install them.

I understand it's a PITA to replace but I can't even get to that point. The only access is through the vanity drawers. For you two that figured it out, how did you actually get to the valve to replace it? Any help would be appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

Tags
heat, heater, water, water heater