Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-16-2020, 10:16 AM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Forza Warranty?

Any idea what the warranty is for a DP unit? I have a 2019 that just went out of the 1yr warranty three months ago, so I suspect any TV, radio, or electronic item would be out of warranty, but I am curious on specifically the furnace. My furnace just went out and I was told it is not covered under warranty. I thought a major component in the unit would have a longer warranty, but looking for someone with more specific knowledge. Thanks
clduke72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2020, 10:25 AM   #2
Site Team

Many components have their own warranty from the manufacturer. So look at the information about the specific item.

I assume it’s a Suburban furnace, so find the model number and check with Suburban about the warranty on the unit.

For instance, the A/C units on your Forza have a 2-yr warranty, and I know I’ve encountered other parts with a 3-yr warranty, but I can’t remember what part had that.

I’ve found contacting the part’s manufacturer to have been very helpful whenever I’ve had 3rd party components give me problems.

Good luck!
Old 09-16-2020, 05:03 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Thanks, I received this response from Winnebago regarding warranty. You are correct the furnace is not covered under the 3yr plan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Warranty.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	131.1 KB
ID:	175015  
Old 09-23-2020, 03:20 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Before you start your warranty process, just google under suburban furnance troubleshooting. Maybe it's just a small thing repaired in minutes.
cj_calva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2020, 08:33 AM   #5
Site Team

As we all have found out, RV warranties are not at all like automobile warranties. They are not “bumper to bumper” unfortunately.

Suburban does have a two-year warranty - so you should be good.

https://www.airxcel.com/docs/default...y.pdf?sfvrsn=4

Note; Airexcel owns Suburban and they also own Coleman Mach air conditioning, too. I had my Mach 8 A/C go out 45-days after the 2-yr warranty expired and they told me to pound sand. Not all companies are that strict. So, don’t wait to contact Suburban before your two years are up.
Old 11-05-2020, 08:16 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Just an update. My Winnebago dealer was able to do the repair under the Suburban warranty. Thank goodness too as it required a new board and a couple switches which required a total removal from RV. Not something I wanted to do myself.
Old 11-08-2020, 08:23 PM   #7
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by clduke72 View Post
Thanks, I received this response from Winnebago regarding warranty. You are correct the furnace is not covered under the 3yr plan.
Yes if in doubt it's best to talk to your authorized Winnebago service center, have them make a list and they will work with Winnebago to determine what they will cover and others. I'm in process of doing that now on my 2018 Forza 38W. I've already discussed it with the Service Manager and sent him a list. I have the appointment to look at several issues from a wall panel coming off the wall, a soft spot in the floor in front of the refrigerator, lose louvre assembly at the read of the coach on one side, plus several other things. Plus they will be doing the recall on the basement storage door for the latch problem. I have one other issue with the awning over the door which seems to have some issues sometimes going in and out. This I have my doubts they'll cover it and though I have an extended warranty I'll probably wait and look at it myself to see if it's something simple I can fix. If you don't have the entire warranty paperwork let me know and I can send it to you via an email.
Thxs
1237dmctlc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2023, 12:12 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

We have a 2020 Forza 34t still under the basic warranty
The slider awning roller bearing locked up and broke the end mount and tore the material and Winnebago said go to Carefree. Carefree warranty is one year, but sent me an complete entire new one as a Free Goodwill

Winnebago sent me dinette seat covers after their stitching failed and reimbursed me for the install labor. Also they sent me weatherstrips that failed They warrantee their components

You have to ask the individual suppliers for goodwill help
Edbehl is offline   Reply With Quote