Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-08-2014, 07:36 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Question Forza/Solei Owners Questions

I have read a lot of comments, both pro and con, on the Forza/Solei coaches.

My question is would you as an owner repeat the purchase?

What advice, e.g. Options, would you offer to someone considering purchasing a Forza/Solei?

Thanks for the response. Travel safe!
Corncob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:03 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

We purchased a 2015 Foza 34T a few months ago, and love the unit and would not hesitate to do it again. We have hade a few minor issues all handled by our dealer with no problems. Good luck with your search.
artpe54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:57 AM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Would definitely do it again. The floor plan of the 38R works great for us. The available options list is pretty short, but things we couldn't live without are the washer dryer and the in table recliner passenger seat. Thought we would have no need for the fireplace, but really enjoy it now.

Best advice would be to research your choice of dealers. Ask around and see who has the better after-sale service. A new rig will almost always have some issues to be addressed so be patient and thorough with the dealer on what your expectations are. Price wise, you should be able to purchase one off the lot for 25-28% off MSRP. Maybe a little better if no trade in is involved.
ctaurie1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

We purchased a 2014 Solei 34T in Feb 14. Had a few issues that the dealer corrected and a few that I corrected with the assistance of member's of this forum. DW and I have been fulltiming in this unit since. I'd purchase another Winnebago/Itasca product. If I could change anything in this currect rig, it would be the U sofa. We plan on removing the sofa and adding 2 recliners in its place. Another consideration would be to have a bath and a half, but that would mean going with the 38R.

I've read many responses from other Forza/Solei owners, mostly good, but some have had some serious issues. I feel very fortunate that our rig has so far been pretty solid. It seems that all manufacturers have their issues, Winnebago is no different. If you decide to get one, make sure you do a very thorough walk-thru with the dealer and get everything fixed up front before leaving with the rig. (Also, make sure they check the weather strip above the windshield to see if it has been caulked properly)
Lanny1763 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2014, 05:35 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

One problem is that there is no bypass for the hot water heather. Just had to have one installed so that I could winterize. Winnebago considers it an option so not covered by warranty
RolandM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 07:02 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

water heater

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandM View Post
One problem is that there is no bypass for the hot water heather. Just had to have one installed so that I could winterize. Winnebago considers it an option so not covered by warranty
where is your bypass located?thanks
Old 03-17-2015, 03:25 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

The dealer located the bypass under the queen bed. The hot water heater is adjacent to the bed on the driver's side. Logical place to access hoses. Two valves mounted on sidewall of bed frame near rear of bed frame on driver's side

Not sure I would do it again. It's a pain to flush ice maker, washer, etc. We store inside when not in use and since all tanks are in heated space, not a problem when in use.

If you can plug into AC when not using, a small ceramic heater in the basement should be adequate to keep any residual water in your systems from freezing.
Old 03-17-2015, 03:50 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

We live in East Tennessee and just completed a 2500 mile round trip that required crossing the the mountains into North Carolina, down through SC to south Florida and then back through Georgia to our home base in Knoxville. Last year a similar trip in our old (gas) Chieftain, we averaged 6 mpg without a toad.

With our 2014 34T Forza, towing a 3800 lb. GMC Terrain (4-down) and running at highway speed (75 mpg for much of the trip) we averaged 9.8 mpg. Also used about 1/2 tank of DEF. Looks like DEF consumption is going to be one tanks for about three tanks of diesel.

Forza performed flawlessly. Exhaust breaks really helpful going down Black Mountain and plenty of power through the mountains. Will cruise all day at 75 and even in the high Florida winds tracked well.
Old 03-17-2015, 04:27 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandM View Post
With our 2014 34T Forza, towing a 3800 lb. GMC Terrain (4-down) and running at highway speed (75 mpg for much of the trip
Doesn't the GMC Terrain have a max tow speed of 65 mph??? I've got it's brother the Equinox and it HAS a max of 65.
Floridakamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2015, 05:57 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

It does and normally I try to adhere to the 65 mpg limit, but we were trying to limit intermediate stops and the faster speed shortened the days a bit

The Terrain shows no signs of ill effect.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:34 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2014 Solei 34T and love it. Love the short wheel base and the overall layout. We have all options except the exterior tv. We added rear ladder and satellite in motion antenna and aluminum wheels. Would not hesitate to do it again. For this price and size/class A diesel, can not do any better.
EdMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:51 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

All:

Have any of you driven your coach during the rain? If so, are your storage bins getting soaked from the spray off the road? Just drove up from Gulf Shores to Jackson MS and went through a driving rain storm. Bin floors were sopping wet. Prior to leaving Gulf Shores, we met a couple with the exact same coach as ours, but their's was a 2015 and they were having the same problem.

I emailed Winnebago about the problem and their response was that the bins are not supposed to leak. NO STUFF!!! I'm out of warranty now, so it's on me to fix it, I was just wondering how many others have experienced this situation.

I guess I could never drive it during rain to alleviate the problem, but sometimes that's just not possible.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:08 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We just picked up our WInnie 34T and drove it 800 miles. Sweet ride! No, we didn't hit any rain, but we did have a leak in the shower. Turns out the line connecting the shower head to the on/off wasn't installed properly. Stopped at La Mesa RV in Albuquerque and they popped off the mirror and fixed it in a couple of hours.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:47 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

We have not had ours in the rain or even washed it yet, but several on the Winnebago Forza Facebook page have had this problem. There are so solutions listed there as well.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:38 PM   #15
Winnebago Watcher

bays leaking in rain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lanny1763 View Post
All:

Have any of you driven your coach during the rain? If so, are your storage bins getting soaked from the spray off the road? Just drove up from Gulf Shores to Jackson MS and went through a driving rain storm. Bin floors were sopping wet. Prior to leaving Gulf Shores, we met a couple with the exact same coach as ours, but their's was a 2015 and they were having the same problem.

I emailed Winnebago about the problem and their response was that the bins are not supposed to leak. NO STUFF!!! I'm out of warranty now, so it's on me to fix it, I was just wondering how many others have experienced this situation.

I guess I could never drive it during rain to alleviate the problem, but sometimes that's just not possible.
do you have the 34T or the 38R? thanks
Old 03-28-2015, 04:23 AM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Have been through several rain storms, some severe and storage remained dry.
Old 03-28-2015, 06:17 AM   #17
Winnebago Owner

pjohnmiller:

see my signature, Solei 34T
Old 04-01-2015, 07:53 PM   #18
Winnebago Watcher

Lanny, We have a 2014 Solei 34t and experienced the "wet basement" after driving in the rain. Hopefully the dealer has now fixed the problem. We just got it back from the dealer to take care of the warranty punch list, and that one was at the top, along the jacks and sofa latch. The dealer said the water was coming in from tire spray in the wheel well area. To answer the original thread, we are happy with ours and would do it again. (5 months and 3k miles)
AUTiger83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2015, 06:09 AM   #19
Winnebago Owner

AUTiger83, sounds good. I hope yours got fixed. I'll have to seal my own, since we're out of warranty now. I've been sealing this thing up in various places from day one. I do like the coach, I just wish Winnebago would've done a better job up front on waterproofing the rig.
Old 05-29-2015, 09:58 AM   #20
Winnebago Watcher

34T towing

The 34T has a GVWR of 26K and a GCWR of 30K. Does this mean the ideal max towing weight is 4K? Does anyone have a close empty weight number?
aeroshots is offline   Reply With Quote