Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-22-2018, 05:09 AM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Forza radio speaker location?

We just purchased 2018 Forza 38F. Winnebago brochure states JBL premium sound system with “5” speakers. Have located subwoofer and 2 front cab ceiling speakers, but cannot find remains 2 speakers. Anyone know where they are located?

Thanks,

John
Karabias is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 10:32 AM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Have the same issue here as well. My dealer said they hooked up the rear speakers to the subwoofer, but I traced them back and they are different wires. Been asking Winnebago for a stereo wiring diagram for weeks now. If I find something I will share.
clduke72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 11:05 AM   #3
Site Team

Looking at the wiring diagrams for the 2018 Forza 38F I only see two speakers above the dashboard - and the premium system shows a different part number and a separate amplifier. Other than that I see the Samsung TV soundbar and wireless sub. But no other speakers.

Could they be counting speakers in the soundbar below the TV? Does the radio play through the soundbar? My Home Theater setup plays the radio via the three rear/center rear speakers as well as the speakers above the dash.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screen Shot 2019-09-05 at 12.02.59 PM.png
Views:	166
Size:	297.1 KB
ID:	172165  
Old 09-05-2019, 08:06 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

I checked my unit again tonight (2019 Forza 38F) and my head unit is the XRV10, the front speakers are above the dashboard in the headliner. There are speaker wires connected to the rear output wires of the head unit and my subwoofer has 4 wires labelled front and rear subwoofer from amplifier, but no rear speakers anywhere. Adjusting the fade/Balance on head unit there is no sound on the rear right or left. I also checked and the sound bar is not connected to the head unit. I can't trace where the rear speaker wires go once they go into the wiring loom under the dash, but I suspect Winnebago has left them unterminated somewhere without attaching speakers. From my BOS I purchased the Premium Sound Package and only got three speakers. I asked Winnebago again today to provide wiring diagram for radio so I can see where they ran the rear channels. I am OK buying new speakers, I already replaced front and subwoofer and added an aftermarket amplifier for subwoofer. Not sure why they are avoiding this request. The dealer has also been absolutely no help as well.
clduke72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2019, 09:24 PM   #5
Site Team

You'd think dealers, and especially Winnebago, would know all about the products they sell. But that's certainly not the case for the dealer. And, Winnebago? If you talk to the right person at WBGO they could tell you. But otherwise I'm not surprised.

The wiring diagram SHOULD show the extra speakers but I don't see any listed.

You could get one of those wire tracer kits that has a sender you connect to one wire and then you use a small beep locator to look for hidden wires. I realize that's a bit much. But if you really want to know... maybe not.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00ADHQCIO/

Tags
cat, radio