Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 09-20-2017, 08:57 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Angry Forza is Italian for Lemon

I have a 2015 Forza 38R that has been nothing but problems. I would call it a piece of crap, but I would insult crap. In the 2 1/2 years I have owned it I have used it 10 times, it has 10K miles. I drive it from Florida to NH and back, and every time something major goes wrong, this time the big slide broke and would not retrieve, and being 3 1/2 hours from the nearest Winnie dealer meant that I was on my own. This is the second time this happened. I heard from the techs at Winnebago that they have a new slide mechanism, but my dealer Lazy Days won't order the part unless I leave the coach there for them to diagnose a known problem. I live 2 hrs away and would have to rent a car to go home. I also lost the wipers during my return trip trying to outrun a little storm called Irma. The wipers have always worked intermittently, but LazyDays would not replace the switch. The main AC also went out as well as the front (engine) AC now also works intermittently. And this is just the tip of the problems.....
jrinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2017, 07:24 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Sorry to hear about your problems with your Forza. We have a '15 34T and love it. Like any home on wheels, it has the occasional glitch. The slide issue you reference hit all of the manufacturers and not just Winnie. I would consider instead going to the factory if you are serious about getting it replaced. They will also take care of any other little glitch that you ave identified.
Old 09-22-2017, 09:14 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

I would talk with Winne customer care and tell them your situation. I had a problem with the bed not raising in our Journey. We were 2 1/2 hours each way to the dealer and we had a slide stuck out. They helped me diagnose the problem. Shipped me the part under warranty. I paid a mobile tech to do the work. Winne reimbursed me for the labor. Had to eat his trip charge.
BVThunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2017, 10:29 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Response

Thank you for the suggestions, I am planning to write this all up and send it to Winnie customer care and see if they actually do care. The list is extensive and covers items from bumper to bumper. Some of them a nuisance and some a major pain in the neck. I would like to know if other Forza owners have had problems. Your'e right all of the coach's with Swimtek slides have problems. Just as a casual observer, they were destined to fail. the slide must weight more than 2,000 lbs and the motors are barely 1.5" x 5" and don't have an internal brake. The first time it failed they replaced and it seemed to make much more noise than the original, but LazyDays said it was properly installed and was normal. I would love to bring it to the factory, but that's 4 days travel (each way) and I still have to run a business, and were getting to the cold part of the year and I love Florida. More later...
Old 11-09-2017, 11:11 PM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Hi all,

Just bought a 2018 Forza 38w. Took it out for one trip for one night. last week. when we got home the kitchen slide would not open. Took it back to the dealer. The tech accidently checked the full size slide on the passenger side and found the Anti-billow brackets only had one screw in them, and the slide cover got entangled. The tech found that all of the Anti-billow brackets around the whole coach were missing one screw. The tech fixed the slide and the screw issue.
I pointed out that the kitchen slide did not work and the tech got to work on that. Tech ended up calling Winnebago for help. Then he ended up replacing the slide motor, wiring and harness...in a brand new coach. Understand it's not the dealer's fault but still was pretty upset. Sent a message to Winnebago and they said they were sorry about the issues with the coach but it was under warranty.
We still have an appointment to deal with the small stuff that normally is found with a new coach. But I am questioning the quality control at Winnebago!

Safe travels all
ippongachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 07:52 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

Agree Winnie quality problem

My suggestion to you is to spend a lot of time and go through the coach from stem to stern. I found a lot of "quality" problems all over the place. For example the J-trap under the kitchen sink was not properly tightened and leaked in the cabinet, the screws holding the microwave was also not properly installed, the wall panel behind the sliding door in the bedroom was cut wrong and billowed at the center rubbing against the door, and many more. The big items are still a problem. And the list grows....
Old 01-08-2018, 07:15 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrinc View Post
The big items are still a problem. And the list grows....
I have an older 2005 model, so I feel your pain many times over. I used to say the only times nothing broke was when I left it in storage, but even that isn't true anymore. Good luck. -RT
RTegarini is offline   Reply With Quote