Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-09-2016, 10:47 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

Forza 38W No Multi Purpose Room

Winnebago had something going when they created the 38W except they screwed up the nice second table setup of the Multi Purpose Room by not at least making that an option. There if you take that many people with you when you travel, then you cure could use the extra table to eat at.
A seating capacity of 9 , sleeping capacity of 8 but a eating capacity of 4, what were they thinking of. With the Multi purpose room you can at least have 2 maybe 4 kids sit down to eat as a family.
Maybe it's just me but they should also think about changing the platform this is on and give it just a bit more HP and up the transmission so it can tow 10k. Being able to carry 9 people and only tow a 5 passenger car just doesn't cut it.
OK I'm done complaining
Old 10-10-2016, 08:53 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Big family??
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 08:21 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by plasma800 View Post
Big family??
No but I like the 38R's Multi-Purpose Room with the added benefits of the upgraded 38W's room and by adding the extra room with the Drivers side slide and using the space behind TV; but they messed up by taking away the Multi-Purpose Room just doesn't make sense with all the added people space.

This would also make a great RV for us Grand Parents t take the Grand kids RV'ing.
Old 10-10-2016, 09:12 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Understood.
RVM#78 - -USAF- F-15 Eagle Radar Vet
2005 Fleetwood Revolution
'12 Chevy 2500HD
'15 Airstream International Signature 27FB
plasma800 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2016, 09:27 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

The Solei 38R still has the multipurpose room. So why not just look at it.?
SubVet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 10:03 AM   #6
Winnebago Owner

I asked a Winnebago rep and he said that the multi-purpose could be added back [I]except[I] there will be no upper bunk to raise/lower. They got rid of it because it was Schwintek and it was heavy. But, you can ask for and get the lower bunk/table arrangement since it doesn't move up and down. You would be minus a bunk though, sort of. With the 38W you can order the optional above-the-drivers-seat bunk that raises/lowers. So you come out even compared to the 38R.

Personally, the missing upper moving bunk in the multi purpose room would not be a problem for us.
peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2016, 09:20 PM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by peterson View Post
I asked a Winnebago rep and he said that the multi-purpose could be added back [I]except[I] there will be no upper bunk to raise/lower. They got rid of it because it was Schwintek and it was heavy. But, you can ask for and get the lower bunk/table arrangement since it doesn't move up and down. You would be minus a bunk though, sort of. With the 38W you can order the optional above-the-drivers-seat bunk that raises/lowers. So you come out even compared to the 38R.

Personally, the missing upper moving bunk in the multi purpose room would not be a problem for us.
I agree, we like the extra table for eating and setting up a personal work area. We would not use the upper bunk for anything anyway. I would just get the bunk above the driver/passenger for the extra sleeping capacity.