Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-12-2015, 03:49 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

FORZA 36G anyone?

Hi, we are strongly considering upgrading our 2014 class C to the Forza 36G. It's a new model as of this year and we are a little skeptical that the kinks haven't been worked out. Anyone have experience with this motorome? Also, how much off of MSRP would be reasonable for a 2015 this late in the year? Thanks!
janniemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2015, 06:06 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Forza 36G

We just bought a 15 Itasca Solei 36G and its the same rig as the Forza 36G. We love the floor plan and residential fridge and the large TV's. We're taking it out for a week this upcoming week. We've actually stayed in it a cpl of nights in our driveway just to test things out and so far so good. I feel that we got a great deal on ours. Ours has the king bed and the washer and dryer combo and some other options that are escaping me at the moment. What are they giving you for a price?
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 08:02 AM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

We would actually have to drive a ways to see one so no haggling at this point. Trying to decide if we would be bett er off waiting until next year since we won't be able to use until next spring. We have seen the other models so have a good idea about the interior quality. We also really like that floor plan with the king bed and w/d. It seems to check off all of our must haves.
Old 09-13-2015, 05:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Owner

With the added options ours had a window sticker MSRP of $230K and we paid $183,500.
Old 09-15-2015, 02:19 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We have had our 34T now since April and love it. The diesel gets about 10mpg even towing the car (except going up into the mountains). It holds the speed and even allows passing most semi's heading up into the hills. We've had minor problems (including the Lippert slide-out, but that should be fixed on your new model).

All in all, we are happy campers!
Old 09-15-2015, 07:53 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

There is a great Facebook group for Solei/Forza owners (and shoppers) where you will find lots of useful info. You will have to ask to join.
RVLola is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 08:35 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We're off on our first week of glamping in our new 15 36G and first off this rig drives like a car in comparison to how our 15 35F did. It has a very smooth ride and the brakes are awesome. We're on our 3 day at the campground and we're loving it. The storage space underneath is huge, our other rig was packed under there and I've got tons of extra room now. No problems or complaints yet.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:08 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

Thanks for the input. More questions --how much room is there when the slides are closed? Can you access bathroom and refrigerator ok? Does the light color seating show dirt easily?
Old 09-19-2015, 08:47 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

In the 34T, accessing the bathroom is not a problem with the slides in. The refrigerator can also be opened, but not all of the refrigerator drawers can be opened. There are also a couple of cabinets that can't be opened, so you have to plan what you need to access with the slides in. It is surprisingly roomy even with the slides in.
Old 11-08-2015, 09:16 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

We took delivery of our Forza 36G in August of 2015. We now have approx 3000 mile on it and no real bad issues. This is our first diesel and we love it!
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2015, 07:11 PM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Bathroom is easy to access when the slides are in on the 36G
Old 11-09-2015, 11:28 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Yup, you can get to everything with the slides except the lower drawers in the bedroom. We've used it 4 times now and we absolutely love it. It drives so much better than our Vista 35F did. My wife wasn't going to drive the Vista ever and she's now thinking of taking the 36G on a girls weekend to the beach...
Old 11-10-2015, 05:44 AM   #13
Winnebago Owner

We traded up from a Sightseer 35J and you are correct there is a night and day difference between how the units drive. My wife is going to take the bus driver training that our local school system offers. Not sure if she will actually get her class B licence but the training will get her comfortable with driving.
Old 11-10-2015, 11:53 AM   #14
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forza Tom View Post
We traded up from a Sightseer 35J and you are correct there is a night and day difference between how the units drive. My wife is going to take the bus driver training that our local school system offers. Not sure if she will actually get her class B licence but the training will get her comfortable with driving.
I'm glad that you feel the same way Tom because I was getting numerous responses on here and another forum from people with gas coaches that eluded that their coaches drove every bit as good as a DP and that I was just trying to justify the extra money that we spent on the DP and that couldn't be any further from the truth. We bought our 2015 Winnebago 35F brand new this spring and I knew right away that I wasn't crazy about how it drove but never really gave much thought into getting rid of it until we really decided that we love doing this and that we wanted to start traveling the country and I knew that I wouldn't comfortable traveling the country in the 35F. I put the Super Steer Trac bar on it and set the tire pressures per what everyone was recommending and it definitely helped but it still wandered on the road and the brakes were super weak. Then we test drove the 36G and it literally drove like a car in comparison to the 35F. It drives straight as an arrow down the road and the air brakes were amazing. We knew after that test drive that we needed to upgrade to the 36G. In our opinion it was worth every penny that it cost us extra to get the deal done. As I said in another post you can't put a price on piece of mind because we both know that we made the right decision in upgrading to the 36G.
Old 11-10-2015, 07:35 PM   #15
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger29 View Post
I'm glad that you feel the same way Tom because I was getting numerous responses on here and another forum from people with gas coaches that eluded that their coaches drove every bit as good as a DP and that I was just trying to justify the extra money that we spent on the DP and that couldn't be any further from the truth. We bought our 2015 Winnebago 35F brand new this spring and I knew right away that I wasn't crazy about how it drove but never really gave much thought into getting rid of it until we really decided that we love doing this and that we wanted to start traveling the country and I knew that I wouldn't comfortable traveling the country in the 35F. I put the Super Steer Trac bar on it and set the tire pressures per what everyone was recommending and it definitely helped but it still wandered on the road and the brakes were super weak. Then we test drove the 36G and it literally drove like a car in comparison to the 35F. It drives straight as an arrow down the road and the air brakes were amazing. We knew after that test drive that we needed to upgrade to the 36G. In our opinion it was worth every penny that it cost us extra to get the deal done. As I said in another post you can't put a price on piece of mind because we both know that we made the right decision in upgrading to the 36G.
We had out 2007 Sightseer from new and it was ok but a handful to drive with lots of rattles and squeaks. We put 27,000 mile on her and basically raised our boys in that rig. We were originally looking at the Adventurer 38, We drove a 2015 and while somewhat better than our Sightseer it was no where near the Forza. I truly can't wait until next spring to get back out on the road again. Who do we need to justify anything to? I spend some extra money on something that I really wanted. I also get a few more MPG. Probably won't make up for the extra cost but I'm not concerned