Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2021, 08:48 PM   #1481
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Yes agree... should have been o a slide typical of my last coach.

I think I will Google battery water systems such as this:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/Flow-...hoCkB8QAvD_BwE

Also ran across this:

https://www.rvupgradestore.com/EZ-Ba...BoCLE8QAvD_BwE

Just checked my Napa batteries. They are out of water. Filled front one ok, but back one I missed 2 cells. Oh well, they are broke anyway. Interesting, 7 months ago the water level was ok and I didn't need to add any water since I have had them.. Maybe it's because they are on the end of their life, is why they are so thirsty?
Interesting links. Thanks!

I had a similar issue, in that I could only get four of the six caps off the back battery to check the water level.
And with my ARB air compressor mounted in there too, getting the batteries in and out for maintenance was a non starter.

That’s why I looked into AGM’s.

But, once I weighed the beast, I realized, that the weight I would need, to quench my thirst for electricity, was the next non starter.

That ended me at the lithium option. It’s an expensive endeavor, but we’re set for multiple days off grid without the need to recharge.

There are trade offs whichever way one goes. One just needs to decide for themselves, which trade offs are acceptable.
Old 04-24-2021, 09:07 PM   #1482
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Pillar Point

Okay, I can finally contribute a post, other than a mod, well, almost.

So, we’re staying only 25 minutes from our brick and mortar home in Belmont, CA,

This place, Pillar Point RV park, in Half Moon Bay, is more of a social gathering spot, Glam Camping if you will.

You’re packed in tight in some spots, but, the views are amazing. You don’t come here for sequestration, you come because you can meet so many cool people, which we have, from other places, and you can walk to great restaurants if you so choose, including Sam’s Chowder House, and Break Water BBQ, (really good bbq).

Regulars come here often, and once you’re in with the camp hosts, you’re family.

It’s first come first served—no reservations, but if you show up after a weekend, you’re sure to get in (their web site is updated hourly with availability).

BUT, and those who have followed my posts, know, I just had to test out a new mod—driving lights.

Ok, so we all know the OEM headlights suck.

When we bought our RV in LA, (new), and drove it home, (at night), I actually pulled off of the road to see if I had the headlights on, or not—they’re that bad—I couldn’t tell.

So, obviously, I swapped those out for LED replacements from M4. They’re plug and play, but need some adjustments with the lens, in order to get the right focal point down the road.

But, still, I wanted more light. Especially when driving in remote areas, non lit areas, like in the woods.

So, I added some LED light bars, at the inspiration of Robb. But it took me forever to locate ones that would fit where I wanted them—in that very small space in the front end, without major front end modification, only because I’m not as gifted as Robb at add ons.

So, here they are, and, here we are. Finally out of the shop, and at peace...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1B65AF65-B7F8-430F-A3FB-C9AB976E6474.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	199.2 KB
ID:	178520   Click image for larger version

Name:	564B8E5D-7EAC-4080-AACF-D047E521D047.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	263.7 KB
ID:	178521  

Name:	10F2B43C-3E7D-4D9A-848D-2DDE996AC3FA.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	278.4 KB
ID:	178522   Click image for larger version

Name:	9B6DB669-8D1F-4817-9649-73B5F237F1B7.jpg
Views:	44
Size:	504.8 KB
ID:	178523  

Name:	5EDF9C88-DC38-4FAB-9F80-530D23728E79.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	306.3 KB
ID:	178525  
Old 04-24-2021, 09:13 PM   #1483
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Interesting links. Thanks!

I had a similar issue, in that I could only get four of the six caps off the back battery to check the water level.
And with my ARB air compressor mounted in there too, getting the batteries in and out for maintenance was a non starter.

That’s why I looked into AGM’s.

But, once I weighed the beast, I realized, that the weight I would need, to quench my thirst for electricity, was the next non starter.

That ended me at the lithium option. It’s an expensive endeavor, but we’re set for multiple days off grid without the need to recharge.

There are trade offs whichever way one goes. One just needs to decide for themselves, which trade offs are acceptable.
Yes Wyatt, we all have different situations and issues. And that's what's great about this forum. Different strokes for different folks, I think it goes?

I'm am not sold on AGM's. Was not after purchase and still am not. (Remember I tried to return those two beasts but was too expensive) Yes they are maintenances free, but they just do not do the Amp/Hour test as the rest. Not good for "off grid". Ok for starting and stuff like that.

I am seriously now thinking of the Golf Carts with auto watering system.

But I have much time to think about the situation. Leaving for the Midwest from the Southwest on Monday. Lots of time to think.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2021, 11:07 PM   #1484
Winnebago Master

Yes, those water thingys are interesting. Never seen em before. You’ll definitely have to tidy up the wiring for the height clearance needed.

Wyatt, how’s the surf at Mav’s? Dawn patrol tomorrow?

The lights look cool. Nice fit. I added 2 more white KC lights to my bar. What a difference! Really looking forward to our next Oregon Coast trip in August and being able to see at night.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	91378D31-6956-48E9-B8EA-73F11BC2CD9D.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	329.8 KB
ID:	178526   Click image for larger version

Name:	914DB2D3-A2D2-4336-8CAF-CE1AB7EB4FB9.jpeg
Views:	38
Size:	407.7 KB
ID:	178527  

Old 04-25-2021, 03:15 PM   #1485
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Yes, those water thingys are interesting. Never seen em before. You’ll definitely have to tidy up the wiring for the height clearance needed.

Wyatt, how’s the surf at Mav’s? Dawn patrol tomorrow?

The lights look cool. Nice fit. I added 2 more white KC lights to my bar. What a difference! Really looking forward to our next Oregon Coast trip in August and being able to see at night.
Thanks. The lights were an easy work around.

It's stormy today, and the surfers are out, (seen in the far left of the photo), but the waves are a fraction of your image today.

We're just hunkering down for the rain, and will enjoy the Oscar show ocean side...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2021-04-25 at 2.14.53 PM.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	373.7 KB
ID:	178537  
Old 04-25-2021, 11:13 PM   #1486
Proud “No Intent” Owner

As an ex chef and restaurateur, I’m pretty picky about cooking vessels and appliances.

My wife wanted something easier to use than the crappy oven.
I was skeptical, but this device supplants our toaster, and air fryer. So I agreed to a test run.

After reading all of the reviews, I was still skeptical.
But this Ninja oven thing works great. And, the best part about this version, and only this version, is its compactness.
It has a low profile, and flips up out of the way for using the stove top (it’s actually designed to flip up out of the way).

It’s also relatively light, as compared to the other models we looked at.
Air fries, bakes like a convection oven, and also can be used as a dehydrator. Pretty neat little package. You won’t be cooking a whole chicken in this thing, unless you’re cooking a spatchcock chicken.

Uses up to 1,800 watts, so it works fine on shoreline, but like her espressso machine and hairdryer, I had to upgrade the Magnum inverter to the 2,000 watt model when dry camping.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DD3F4C77-BF5A-4D1A-BF49-1A3F14B47226.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	376.9 KB
ID:	178540   Click image for larger version

Name:	12ADD1E5-A46B-42E7-9FE0-BE591FE2E355.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	392.0 KB
ID:	178541  

Old 04-26-2021, 09:12 AM   #1487
Winnebago Master

My wife has been happy with the oven in the INTENT. Previous RV’s were barely good enough for frozen pizza. She has 2 air fryers in the RV now...sorry, but I’m not sharing this post with her. We don’t need any more kitchen gadgets in there!
Old 04-26-2021, 10:56 AM   #1488
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
My wife has been happy with the oven in the INTENT. Previous RV’s were barely good enough for frozen pizza. She has 2 air fryers in the RV now...sorry, but I’m not sharing this post with her. We don’t need any more kitchen gadgets in there!
Understood.

Our oven won’t stay lit at anything lower than 350 degrees. I replaced the propane tank regulator, and tried adjusting the pilot light. No help.

But it’s when my wife burns her hands on the small oven opening, I knew it was near the end of its useful life...
Old 04-27-2021, 01:04 PM   #1489
Winnebago Owner

Just got electricity to my building where my metal building is where i keep my intent under,got me a 30 amp out ther too,does anybody leave there intent plugged up all the time?
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2021, 06:53 PM   #1490
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
Just got electricity to my building where my metal building is where i keep my intent under,got me a 30 amp out ther too,does anybody leave there intent plugged up all the time?
I for one, keep ours plugged into a 30 amp receptacle at home 24/7.
Old 04-27-2021, 07:21 PM   #1491
Winnie-Wise

On our way from the Southwest to the Midwest

We are almost halfway back to our summer nesting place. But had to share this bit of info. Some of you may have heard of the 2007 devastating tornado that wiped this town out. IT was a disaster in 2008 when we came through. Couldn't recognize the town from our travels previously. Btw they have a beautiful dry camping pond that were staying at tonight. Free camping 🏕
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20210427-170620_Chrome.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	191.1 KB
ID:	178573   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210427_201922.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	215.0 KB
ID:	178575  

Old 04-28-2021, 06:36 PM   #1492
ottojf

Delivery of 2018 Intent 26M

Quote:
I for one, keep ours plugged into a 30 amp receptacle at home 24/7.
I usually keep coach plugged in with trickle charger. Is that necessary with this MH.

I guess this is directed to Whatt, JLUSoCa, YGoHom, K9AS6 and any others that have had been enduring my many questions.

We took possession of our MH Monday. We had many surprises when we picked it up. I had not crawled under it when we purchased it. It was a case of this or nothing. Any way the previous owner must have been reading this blog. It already had Roadmaster steering stabilizer, Front and rear RoadMaster sway bars, Sumo springs front and rear (these are the black ones).

I do have a question about cheap fix I really don't see what to do.

Now I have to decide on Batteries and or solar. That Renogy kit for $640.00 from Amazon is appealing. There is also a kit for $774. I need to determine the difference.

Haven't decided on batteries yet.

Two interesting UTube Videos https://youtu.be/IsvBlQJr7b0 and https://youtu.be/vrIpvu3rOPo

Has anyone on here tried the build it yourself.

Thanks for all of your help. I am probably now done asking questions.

John Otto
ottojf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2021, 10:52 PM   #1493
Winnebago Master

I have never left my RV’s plugged in for more than a few days when stored. I just never felt like it was a good idea, but that was also with older battery chargers. I think today’s are much smarter.

John,

Congratulations!!! You keep saying that you’re late to the game...but, with all those suspension upgrades you’re ahead! That’s awesome. I’m going to mail your fridge latch tomorrow, unless...does it already have one? I sent a couple to Florida. Maybe your new RV is already sporting one?

Regarding solar, I started looking at kits, but after dozens of hours reading, I ended up piecing it together.
I have the newest Renogy 100w panels and a Victron Smart 100/30 controller. I bought the cables and misc. on Amazon.
Old 04-29-2021, 12:07 AM   #1494
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottojf View Post
I usually keep coach plugged in with trickle charger. Is that necessary with this MH.

I guess this is directed to Whatt, JLUSoCa, YGoHom, K9AS6 and any others that have had been enduring my many questions.

We took possession of our MH Monday. We had many surprises when we picked it up. I had not crawled under it when we purchased it. It was a case of this or nothing. Any way the previous owner must have been reading this blog. It already had Roadmaster steering stabilizer, Front and rear RoadMaster sway bars, Sumo springs front and rear (these are the black ones).

I do have a question about cheap fix I really don't see what to do.

Now I have to decide on Batteries and or solar. That Renogy kit for $640.00 from Amazon is appealing. There is also a kit for $774. I need to determine the difference.

Haven't decided on batteries yet.

Two interesting UTube Videos https://youtu.be/IsvBlQJr7b0 and https://youtu.be/vrIpvu3rOPo

Has anyone on here tried the build it yourself.

Thanks for all of your help. I am probably now done asking questions.

John Otto
First, congratulations on you’re new to you rig.
Which model and year did you get? If you add that in your signature line on this forum, it’s easier moving forward to help answer your questions.

Ok, one doesn’t HAVE TO keep their RV on shoreline power 24/7, it’s just easier for me, since mine is in my driveway. The WGCO Charger/converter does a fine job of maintaining the coach battery needs that way.

If that’s not an option for you—shore power 24/7, then in order to not ruin your batteries when letting the rig sit unused for weeks on end with the small parasitic loads, (e.g. gas detector, small LED lights—which can be ON even when the 12v battery disconnect switch is OFF), you would need to disconnect the last leg of the negative terminal on the batteries, by installing a terminal disconnect switch, OR manually taking the lead off of the final negative battery terminal—the one that actual powers the coach.

And when plugged into shoreline, and the starter battery needs a charge every several weeks, on our 26m, I can just turn the ignition key to the “ON” position, and it will also charge the starter battery, as well as the coach, (not the start position, the one that no lights go on in the dash).

Next question. IF The previous owner installed the front Roadmaster sway bar, then there’s no CHF or “Cheap Handling Fix” to do. One does that INSTEAD of replacing the front sway bar. So you’re already set there.

I’d be glad to talk you through my opinion on what I did insofar as batteries and solar. Others have taken varying paths—all dependent on their own specific needs.

We can talk tomorrow (Thursday) If that works for you you...
Old 04-29-2021, 07:04 AM   #1495
ottojf

I purchased this unit from LaMesa in Sanford FL
The unit came from NY. I could not get much information about the previous owners. The Teck I worked with thought it might have been purchased from some one desperate to sell as it was not a trade.

So No I don't have your fridge fix. That screw is a pain.

I would like to talk to you some time about your solar endevors.

Thanks John
ottojf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2021, 07:18 AM   #1496
Winnebago Master

John,

This is where I started down the road to solar:

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...it-359080.html
Old 04-29-2021, 07:24 AM   #1497
ottojf

Thanks for all of the suggestions and help. I think I added a signature. Thanks for suggestion. I am still learning my way around this blog. I used a Yahoo Bounders Blog for years when I had a Bounder - For some reason it just disappeared.
Old 04-29-2021, 08:22 AM   #1498
Winnebago Owner

I'm in the "not plugged in crowd" now that I have solar to keep the batteries topped off. I plug in a few days before a trip to cool the fridge.

I did my solar via Home Depot sales (180-watt panels from Nature Power) when they hit $140 a few times. I have 4 but only two on my roof currently - have to mount the last two this summer. I did a Rich Solar mppt controller and like YGoHom, the cables and connectors all via amazon. My controller is just like a renogy version and my Bluetooth adapter is Renogy - guessing there's a bit of white labling around. I like doing all the research and piecing together.
Old 04-30-2021, 01:43 PM   #1499
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
As an ex chef and restaurateur, I’m pretty picky about cooking vessels and appliances.

My wife wanted something easier to use than the crappy oven.
I was skeptical, but this device supplants our toaster, and air fryer. So I agreed to a test run.

After reading all of the reviews, I was still skeptical.
But this Ninja oven thing works great. And, the best part about this version, and only this version, is its compactness.
It has a low profile, and flips up out of the way for using the stove top (it’s actually designed to flip up out of the way).

It’s also relatively light, as compared to the other models we looked at.
Air fries, bakes like a convection oven, and also can be used as a dehydrator. Pretty neat little package. You won’t be cooking a whole chicken in this thing, unless you’re cooking a spatchcock chicken.

Uses up to 1,800 watts, so it works fine on shoreline, but like her espressso machine and hairdryer, I had to upgrade the Magnum inverter to the 2,000 watt model when dry camping.
We have the exact one too.
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 06:04 PM   #1500
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
We are almost halfway back to our summer nesting place. But had to share this bit of info. Some of you may have heard of the 2007 devastating tornado that wiped this town out. IT was a disaster in 2008 when we came through. Couldn't recognize the town from our travels previously. Btw they have a beautiful dry camping pond that were staying at tonight. Free camping 🏕
Ok my friends. We have migrated safely to our summer nesting grounds of Wisconsin.

After driving 1900 miles, I sometimes have to wonder why I drive a Class A rather than a smaller lighter shorter Class B. Well, the reason is that I pull a 4500lb trailer that would tax most Class B's. And then then the comfort one would have to give us. I truly believe our 26M is a good trade off. Still nimble and competitive as noted below.

https://www.rvingknowhow.com/small-class-a-rv/

Tags
intent