Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-17-2020, 11:55 AM   #1001
Winnebago Master

Progressive Industries surge protector

I did some more tidying up of the electrical cord area in the dump bay.
I never liked hanging my expensive surge protector on the power pole, so I mounted it inside. I had to move the electrical boxes and add a 3rd to complete. It’s all modular so if something should go wrong I can just unplug.
The SP is always in the loop now, wether shore or generator power, and I just move the yellow cord end to the appropriately labeled box. I zip tied the ends that don’t need to move. I believe this surge protector may have saved my bacon with my recent wiring mishap
This particular SP will shut down if low or high voltage is detected, it shows the amps being drawn, and should the electricity go out at the park and turn back on immediately, the SP has a built in timer of 2-1/2 minutes to avoid killing the AC compressor.

Tip: if you don’t know this, the AC must NOT be turned off and immediately back on. It requires about 2-1/2 minutes to reset.
I learned because Camping World killed the AC on my last RV and wouldn’t take responsibility, even though I watched the sales guy do it! The tech had just turned it off after service and the Sales guy turned it on to show me how well it works. All I heard was the Tech screaming “Shut it off!!!!” It made a very loud noise and then nothing. It never turned on again.
Just file this with the rest of the “Camping World is for parts, NOT service” folder.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	72AB1927-903A-4033-91AC-2ED41F513243.jpeg
Views:	89
Size:	360.7 KB
ID:	174655  
Old 08-17-2020, 12:08 PM   #1002
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Speaking of awnings, I just added a much needed 5’ awning to the dinette window. Made a huge difference in heat inside with direct sunlight. As low as $175 and not even an hour of work by myself.
Nice. Maybe an hour of work for YOU. I’d be up there all day...
Old 09-01-2020, 07:34 AM   #1003
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Speaking of awnings, I just added a much needed 5’ awning to the dinette window. Made a huge difference in heat inside with direct sunlight. As low as $175 and not even an hour of work by myself.
Rear bedroom window is next!
Looks nice. I could use something like that in Arizona. And I will set aside 4 hours (for me) to do the install. Where did you pick that up at?
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 08:04 AM   #1004
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Love it!!! On way to Michigan (in Springfield MO now) and spent five days in 100+ temps with air struggling to cool...was zero shade at the parks. Thought about the awning and also additional or replacement of window tint. The heat from the cab just filled the whole coach....those 3 windows actually seemed to generate the heat.

can you share a link to awning. Another great Job!!! Don't know how you do it all. Thanks for sharing ALL you ideas Robb....BTW...the fridge closure is GREATLY APPRECIATED!
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2020, 06:29 PM   #1005
Winnie-Wise

When in Arizona during late April and into May, temps get around 100 somedays. We use simply the 1/4" window reflective stuff on our heat seaking windows and it works quite well. At 100 we keep coach at about 80 without any discomfort. Stuff is cheap...
Old 09-01-2020, 08:45 PM   #1006
Winnebago Owner

just shattered the glass in my passenger window,can a glass place do this,or do i have to take it to the rv dealer?
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2020, 09:36 AM   #1007
Winnebago Master

Refrigerator Latch

Why can't we send an image in a message here? Maybe I'm missing something?

For a member with a question. Attached. Unlocked. Locked. The nut that attaches the arm should have just enough tension to keep it from being sloppy, just a bit of friction to hold in position. Swing in front of the doors to keep the doors from opening while driving, then swing away to the side when camping. I hope this helps.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	fridgelock3.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	174851  
Attached Images

Old 09-02-2020, 11:17 AM   #1008
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
just shattered the glass in my passenger window,can a glass place do this,or do i have to take it to the rv dealer?
Any decent auto glass place should be able to do it, just give them a call.
Old 09-02-2020, 03:44 PM   #1009
Winnie-Wise

Believe Wyatt and myself tried sending pic in a message without success. Maybe not possible.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:17 PM   #1010
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Believe Wyatt and myself tried sending pic in a message without success. Maybe not possible.
If there’s a way to do it in a private message I haven’t figured it out. Best just to grab the PMs email address and send it over.
Old 09-02-2020, 08:36 PM   #1011
Winnebago Master

Carefree window awning 60"

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Looks nice. I could use something like that in Arizona. And I will set aside 4 hours (for me) to do the install. Where did you pick that up at?
Sorry for the delay. From Amazon, of course.

Carefree Simply Shade 60" window awning. All you need is some butyl tape or 3M white marine sealant/adhesive.

https://www.amazon.com/Premium-Prote...9100335&sr=8-4
Old 09-02-2020, 08:42 PM   #1012
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post
Love it!!! On way to Michigan (in Springfield MO now) and spent five days in 100+ temps with air struggling to cool...was zero shade at the parks. Thought about the awning and also additional or replacement of window tint. The heat from the cab just filled the whole coach....those 3 windows actually seemed to generate the heat.

can you share a link to awning. Another great Job!!! Don't know how you do it all. Thanks for sharing ALL you ideas Robb....BTW...the fridge closure is GREATLY APPRECIATED!

Enjoy the drive!

I've been using the windshield shades from my little wagon on the side window that gets the sun, with the black shade also pulled down. Then for the windshield I put some foil bubble stuff in addition to the black shade. That makes a HUGE difference.

Fridge latch, you're welcome!
Old 09-03-2020, 09:30 PM   #1013
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
I did some more tidying up of the electrical cord area in the dump bay.
I never liked hanging my expensive surge protector on the power pole, so I mounted it inside. I had to move the electrical boxes and add a 3rd to complete. It’s all modular so if something should go wrong I can just unplug.
The SP is always in the loop now, wether shore or generator power, and I just move the yellow cord end to the appropriately labeled box. I zip tied the ends that don’t need to move. I believe this surge protector may have saved my bacon with my recent wiring mishap
This particular SP will shut down if low or high voltage is detected, it shows the amps being drawn, and should the electricity go out at the park and turn back on immediately, the SP has a built in timer of 2-1/2 minutes to avoid killing the AC compressor.

Tip: if you don’t know this, the AC must NOT be turned off and immediately back on. It requires about 2-1/2 minutes to reset.
I learned because Camping World killed the AC on my last RV and wouldn’t take responsibility, even though I watched the sales guy do it! The tech had just turned it off after service and the Sales guy turned it on to show me how well it works. All I heard was the Tech screaming “Shut it off!!!!” It made a very loud noise and then nothing. It never turned on again.
Just file this with the rest of the “Camping World is for parts, NOT service” folder.
Good job! Very clean. I did a similar thing as you know, but my surge protector is just laying in there, not as “tidy” as you say, as yours. May have to take that to the next level...and your SP cord wrap—also a nice way to get more room in there. But I can tell you’re a handy guy when it comes to metal work. I have no such abilities...

Now my air conditioner, if I shut it off, won’t come back on until it’s ready. And, I have no issue if I connect to shoreline power, or the generator, if I forget and leave my inverter switch on—it doesn’t trip.

It’s possible that’s not the case if I unplug it on Shoreline and plug it right back in. But when I turn it off at the thermostat, and turn it back on it won’t come on until it’s ready

Same for you? I’ve heard a lot of people talking on this form about their inverter tripping if they connect to Shoreline and leave it on...
Old 09-04-2020, 07:35 AM   #1014
Winnie-Wise

Wyatt, am not sure if I understand the AC situation. Issue is I'm understanding is if you turn AC off, then ON, with thermostat, it won't turn on until it's ready. That I believe is correct. It's a compressor that builds pressure up when turned off, just as our auto AC's do. So to protect them, a pressure switch built in, prevents them from turning on till the pressure is low enough. (kinda like an tire Air Compressor (tank type). When unplugged when it's up to say 100lbs, and plugged back in, it most of the time just sits there humming. Pressure too high to start.)

As a side, my Auto mechanic brother used to holler at me when he seen me turn car off before I would turn AC off a few minutes before, just to lower the pressure. I think he is a little over motherly.
Old 09-04-2020, 07:38 AM   #1015
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
I’ve heard a lot of people talking on this form about their inverter tripping if they connect to Shoreline and leave it on...
My inverter hasn't been bothered by shore or Gen. I leave it on 24/7. I am using an auto transfer switch, but that should not make a difference.
Old 09-05-2020, 01:27 PM   #1016
Winnebago Master

ClearSource water filter system

Up for grabs is a brand new, never taken out of the box, filter system. It’s designed as a simple free standing unit, but of course I was going to make it complicated 😀

I bought it with the “Intent” of putting it in the driver side storage compartment and rerouting the hose inlet to make it an on-board system. I was going to move the water inlet so the hose would enter the bottom instead of hanging off the side.

Why did I change my mind? I’m at a point where I need to solidify my plan for retirement, and selling da Winnie may happen.

Offering it to you guys & gals first. $100 plus shipping takes it.

https://www.clearsourcerv.com/produc...-filter-system
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D0565A3B-20FD-4C97-A0B8-3CC1C42D52FE.jpeg
Views:	65
Size:	500.0 KB
ID:	174891   Click image for larger version

Name:	CDDD9B5F-1470-49B3-B497-7B581D23282B.jpeg
Views:	90
Size:	642.9 KB
ID:	174892  

Old 09-05-2020, 02:47 PM   #1017
Winnebago Owner

PSA Of the Day

Make sure all of you have a Philips screwdriver INSIDE your coach. Luckily I was given this advice before I even bought the RV. Today I became locked inside my RV. I was able to remove the inside latch with said screwdriver I found a broken plastic piece in the door. We called the RV park office and they came and opened the door from the outside. I have it set up so we can open the door from the inside with a screwdriver. Somebody is on the way to fix it.

Wow what a day!
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 02:51 PM   #1018
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Up for grabs is a brand new, never taken out of the box, filter system. It’s designed as a simple free standing unit, but of course I was going to make it complicated 😀

I bought it with the “Intent” of putting it in the driver side storage compartment and rerouting the hose inlet to make it an on-board system. I was going to move the water inlet so the hose would enter the bottom instead of hanging off the side.

Why did I change my mind? I’m at a point where I need to solidify my plan for retirement, and selling da Winnie may happen.

Offering it to you guys & gals first. $100 plus shipping takes it.

https://www.clearsourcerv.com/produc...-filter-system

I don't need the filter so hopefully it goes to a good home. I am curious, for retirement going to purchase another RV?
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 03:18 PM   #1019
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAFIRE View Post
Make sure all of you have a Philips screwdriver INSIDE your coach. Luckily I was given this advice before I even bought the RV. Today I became locked inside my RV. I was able to remove the inside latch with said screwdriver I found a broken plastic piece in the door. We called the RV park office and they came and opened the door from the outside. I have it set up so we can open the door from the inside with a screwdriver. Somebody is on the way to fix it.

Wow what a day!
EXACTLY why I replaced the door latch before it broke. On a Class C you can still get in. We’re screwed in a Class A WHEN it brakes. Don’t be fooled. It WILL brake. I’ve lost several in my previous RV’s.
I feel very confident in the new latch. It’s completely different than the rest. The others on the market are just copies of the same bad designs.

I got this one. Not quite a direct swap, but very little modification to work perfectly. I think I described everything back in November/December.
The keypad operates only the deadbolt. Slamming the door isn’t required anymore.
There’s only one key for both locks.
Very easy to set up. The beeping was a bit loud so I covered the speaker with electrical tape to tone it down.
I honestly feel like it will never need to be replaced. It’s that much better.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ED8FC626-17AE-4901-B383-40D2503F3C7A.jpeg
Views:	67
Size:	389.8 KB
ID:	174897  
Old 09-05-2020, 03:21 PM   #1020
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAFIRE View Post
I don't need the filter so hopefully it goes to a good home. I am curious, for retirement going to purchase another RV?
Absolutely! We’ve been meeting with financial advisors and are shooting for 5 more years of a real job, then move to a slower pace on the northern Oregon coast.
Maybe an orange apron in my future! (Home Depot)

Tags
intent