Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-15-2020, 11:00 PM   #981
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Awesome sunset with entertainment in the backdrop...

Oh, I thought you had a light “in” the shower. I now know what your talking about. Allow me to ponder what I’d do, since the current switch is across the hall from where you want it...
Not really. The switch is below the tstat and I just want to add another one on the inside of the wall, in the bathroom. I think I need a couple of 3-way switches, like a hall or kitchen at home. Right?

The light feels like it’s “in” the shower because it’s already off to that side, but because my shower curtain extends out, it “is” in the shower
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	446E2466-6FD8-4D82-9C46-BB2897AD3C55.jpeg
Views:	54
Size:	627.5 KB
ID:	174632  
Old 08-15-2020, 11:14 PM   #982
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Not really. The switch is below the tstat and I just want to add another one on the inside of the wall, in the bathroom. I think I need a couple of 3-way switches, like a hall or kitchen at home. Right?

The light feels like it’s “in” the shower because it’s already off to that side, but because my shower curtain extends out, it “is” in the shower
I was already pondering this tonight looking at it, looking at it trying to figure out how to get a switch to the other side near the shower. But apparently you just want to switch inside the bathroom that also controls the switch to the, let’s call it the shower light?

That would be easy to do, because that wall is very accessible. When I installed my dimmers inside the bathroom, in the hall as you call the shower light, I was able to ground them both because they’re right next to each other inside the wall.

So all we need to do is find a switch for the shower, like in a hallway...
HMM. Let me ponder that tonight...
Old 08-16-2020, 06:33 AM   #983
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Yup. Then I’ll raise the price when you add it to your cart!

Wyatt, I’ve got a project for you. Figure out how to wire in a second light switch for the shower light. I want to put it in the bathroom right next to the bath light switch. Too often I strip down nekked before I turn that light on
Yes I have the same problem. Then I have to sneak around the door naked as a j-bird, to turn on the light. Guess I haven't incited a "riot" yet, so haven't given it much thought on changing it yet!
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 07:28 AM   #984
Winnebago Master

How about two of these from eBay...

I also found them here...
https://rvstoredirect.com/collection...r-switch-black
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	58F83963-811F-451B-87FE-DD213074387F.jpeg
Views:	47
Size:	399.6 KB
ID:	174636   Click image for larger version

Name:	389A87FC-37F0-438C-860A-0AF16C248554.jpeg
Views:	49
Size:	299.5 KB
ID:	174637  

Old 08-16-2020, 08:59 AM   #985
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Pillar Point is a very different place during winter swells with 20’-30’+ waves!

We’re in a similar situation here. Supposed to head to Pismo Beach tomorrow for 4 nights, but they got shut down again. So instead of going home, we picked up the nights in Paso Robles, but it’s 112* there. No thanks! A few hours ago my wife swapped those nights to a place just north of Santa Barbara instead. Much cooler there. I’ll go home to Oceanside before I camp in 112 degrees!

The light in the shower is the one in the “hall” with the switch under the thermostat.

Another shot just as the sun went down. 2 dolphins catching some air.
Try Jalama Beach some time - https://www.countyofsb.org/parks/jalama.sbc. Off the beat and path and nice, albeit can be a bit crowded.
Old 08-16-2020, 09:18 AM   #986
Winnebago Master

Used to stay there back in the 80’s, early ‘90’s when it was first come , first served.
Old 08-16-2020, 10:55 AM   #987
Winnebago Camper

Rincon

Quote:
Camping on the water, just north of Ventura, CA.
That is my favorite ever place to camp!! Lived in Ventura for many years and still love to go back to that spot! thanks for sharing.
J
joycev1105a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2020, 05:11 PM   #988
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
How about two of these from eBay...

I also found them here...
https://rvstoredirect.com/collection...r-switch-black
Yeah, those look like they’d work. Replace the hallway switch with one of those, and just install the new one inside the bathroom, where you can get to the hallway switch, through the new hole you cut into the bathroom, next the the current bathroom light, here...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	7198ABA1-EEBD-4723-987A-487B6BF9D60B.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	315.7 KB
ID:	174646  
Old 08-16-2020, 05:38 PM   #989
Winnebago Master

That’s exactly what I’m going to do!

Here’s what I learned today after 15 yrs of owning RV’s.

Been camping the last 3 days without issue. Turned the heater off this morning before driving to another campground an hour north. 7 hours later I tried to turn it on again, but nothing. No ignition. No sparking. No red DSI light. Nothing. Searched the manual and forums without help.
Then I washed my hands...with HOT water. Yup, the water was still hot all these hours later. So I thought, that’s why it’s acting weird. I’m trying to light it, but it’s still too hot.
I turned on the faucet and washed some dishes until the hot water started to end.
Turned on the water heater and it lit immediately. Can’t heat what’s already hot!
Old 08-16-2020, 05:57 PM   #990
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
That’s exactly what I’m going to do!

Here’s what I learned today after 15 yrs of owning RV’s.

Been camping the last 3 days without issue. Turned the heater off this morning before driving to another campground an hour north. 7 hours later I tried to turn it on again, but nothing. No ignition. No sparking. No red DSI light. Nothing. Searched the manual and forums without help.
Then I washed my hands...with HOT water. Yup, the water was still hot all these hours later. So I thought, that’s why it’s acting weird. I’m trying to light it, but it’s still too hot.
I turned on the faucet and washed some dishes until the hot water started to end.
Turned on the water heater and it lit immediately. Can’t heat what’s already hot!
You’re not going to believe this, but that EXACT same thing happened to us yesterday—and we hadn’t even moved! I did the exact same troubleshooting you did, with the same outcome. Checked the tanks, all good. Thought, according to their troubleshooting guide, could only be there regulator, but the stove worked fine.

Then realized, the water was hot already. I assumed it was leftover heated water from earlier on the day, because my DSI light also would come on.

Then I read about if it overheats. So I ran some hot water for awhile, pushed the buttons label “PUSH TO RESET”, and this time when I flipped the switch, the DSI light came on.

Not sure what I did if anything to make it work, but it did, and DW wanted a shower, so I was out of the woods, for now...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	51A19B54-AB45-4689-ADC0-29C90CDF64CC.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	233.4 KB
ID:	174648  
Old 08-16-2020, 06:14 PM   #991
Proud “No Intent” Owner

There’s a lesson here so hang on...

So what’s this blurry photo? It’s not daytime, that photo was taken in the middle of the night. It’s lightening—I left the time stamp on the image.
Here we are parked at the coast, and while we did get a Red Flag warning text alert, that was to start at 11:00 pm, we we’re up outside until Midnight and it was calm as could be. Ironically, we’re in the middle of a heat wave and NEVER get rain in August.

Went to bed, and heard this amazing racket outside at around 3:30 am.. Rain, Thunder, WIND, and ......people’s awnings being ripped from their rigs!

I brought our slides in immediately, and then watched the show from our windshield over the coast. Snapped this one photo, and hopefully our dash cam caught the action once I download it.

Oh, the lesson...Two weeks ago I had put a wind sensor into my awning to automatically retract in moderate to high winds. That, saved us...think about it...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	2D50F80F-2885-4476-B2A6-38A9B2C878D3.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	209.6 KB
ID:	174649  
Old 08-16-2020, 06:32 PM   #992
Winnebago Master

Crazy!
We only moved an hour north to Buelton/Solvang today from perfectly clear, calm and dry in Ventura, but rained like crazy yesterday in Buelton. Apparently the power was out at the campground and surrounding area all day.

Regarding the awning, I ALWAYS retract it at night or when we leave cuz you never know when the wind will kick up.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:13 PM   #993
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
You’re not going to believe this, but that EXACT same thing happened to us yesterday—and we hadn’t even moved! I did the exact same troubleshooting you did, with the same outcome. Checked the tanks, all good. Thought, according to their troubleshooting guide, could only be there regulator, but the stove worked fine.

Then realized, the water was hot already. I assumed it was leftover heated water from earlier on the day, because my DSI light also would come on.

Then I read about if it overheats. So I ran some hot water for awhile, pushed the buttons label “PUSH TO RESET”, and this time when I flipped the switch, the DSI light came on.

Not sure what I did if anything to make it work, but it did, and DW wanted a shower, so I was out of the woods, for now...
You have to know this happens to me ..... more times than I want to admit. After traveling 2000 miles to our destination in Arizona I connected our TV coax to the Intent. But no stations captured after scan. Made sure little red light was on in bedroom, and still nothing. So started to tear apart the coax and then noticed I had the TV antenna connected to the cable input rather than the TV Input Jack on left side of motorhome.

Sometimes we are our worst own enemy.
Old 08-16-2020, 08:15 PM   #994
Winnie-Wise

Does this area get monsoons like What's going on in Arizona now?
Old 08-16-2020, 08:23 PM   #995
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
You have to know this happens to me ..... more times than I want to admit. After traveling 2000 miles to our destination in Arizona I connected our TV coax to the Intent. But no stations captured after scan. Made sure little red light was on in bedroom, and still nothing. So started to tear apart the coax and then noticed I had the TV antenna connected to the cable input rather than the TV Input Jack on left side of motorhome.

Sometimes we are our worst own enemy.
Ok, off RV topic, but SO TRUE!

Overthinking things...imagining the worst (as I did). I mean we always hear about how things go wrong in RVs so when something doesn’t work we just assume “OK it’s my time”.

So 25 years ago I put a new fangled switch in my house that would turn the lights on and off at random times to look like somebody was at home.

The next day I had no lights in the area where I put the switch that would work.

So of course I tore the switch out to see what went wrong and spent an hour troubleshooting that—because I couldn’t find anything wrong—so of course I started second guessing my troubleshooting skills...

Then, since it looked like it was working, I pulled the light fixture off the ceiling and tested the voltage there.

Finally after two hours of troubleshooting I realize that the two bulbs in the light fixture had burned out at the same time. What are the odds? Sometimes the most obvious are overlooked for the complicated...
Old 08-16-2020, 08:34 PM   #996
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Does this area get monsoons like What's going on in Arizona now?
You mean us? No, never. This was historic in nature here...
Old 08-17-2020, 04:15 AM   #997
Winnebago Camper

Awning Arms

Storm destroyed both arms on my awning. Can’t find manufacturers info on Winnebago web. 2020 29L model. Not sure if I can replace or if I should take to dealer. Does insurance or warranty cover this? Thanks

Paul
BigEthel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2020, 06:13 AM   #998
Winnie-Wise

Oh gosh, I like your comment saying "ok it's my turn" to have something go wrong in the coach, because we all know it has many systems, actually more than our own house has.

And, yes, being in the technical field all my life, we had the saying "check and see if the lamp is plugged in, and bulb is ok" before troubleshooting.

Another saying was it's Murphy's Law. The reason both of your bulbs went bad at the same time....

What Murphy's Law means?
Anything that can go wrong will go wrong
Murphy's law is an adage or epigram that is typically stated as: "Anything that can go wrong will go wrong".

Words from the past that alway stuck with me
Old 08-17-2020, 11:31 AM   #999
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEthel80 View Post
Storm destroyed both arms on my awning. Can’t find manufacturers info on Winnebago web. 2020 29L model. Not sure if I can replace or if I should take to dealer. Does insurance or warranty cover this? Thanks

Paul
Hi Paul,

I’m sorry this happened. In the Supplemental Owner’s Manual, the awning section (at the very end in mine) says to check their website for warranty info.
www.carefreeofcolorado.com

Good luck!
Old 08-17-2020, 11:36 AM   #1000
Winnebago Master

Carefree window awning

Speaking of awnings, I just added a much needed 5’ awning to the dinette window. Made a huge difference in heat inside with direct sunlight. As low as $175 and not even an hour of work by myself.
Rear bedroom window is next!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	DE96D753-024C-4905-819A-7DC4A6B1EC53.jpeg
Views:	64
Size:	258.4 KB
ID:	174654  

Tags
intent