Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 06-13-2020, 12:26 PM   #821
Winnie-Wise

Did the overhead slide our drawers for my short wife's convenience. I already built the drawers last year, so just had to fix some slides on them this morning.

Added 2 pics of valve stem configuration on my early 2018. Don't know how they're doing them now. Btw I did have to add the valve extension 45 degree to the outside duel tire.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200613-131115_Photos.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	213.3 KB
ID:	173918   Click image for larger version

Name:	20200613_131538.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	237.6 KB
ID:	173919  

Name:	20200613_131533.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	249.5 KB
ID:	173920  
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2020, 12:58 PM   #822
Winnebago Master

Here’s mine. December 2017 build date. One somewhat over the stove, and the other in the bathroom “hallway”
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	FDF3F0AE-257C-411B-A2D1-081C0E55A33C.jpeg
Views:	60
Size:	615.9 KB
ID:	173921  
Old 06-13-2020, 02:12 PM   #823
Winnie-Wise

Yep, same as mine, build date 10/17.
Question, since ours built about same time. Can u fill both of your fresh water tanks? My front most tank lacks direct fill plumbing.
Old 06-13-2020, 03:18 PM   #824
Winnebago Master

Did you get a bonus tank?
Here’s what I know... We have 1 fresh tank at the rear, then the grey in front of that, and the black in front of the grey.
There’s a small reservoir of grey for the outside sink that gets pumped to the main grey tank.
The fresh tank fills from the hose on the driver side, by way of the valve in the water control bay on the passenger side. When it’s full it will overflow into the ground at the right rear corner.

Is yours different?
Old 06-13-2020, 04:20 PM   #825
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Did you get a bonus tank?
Here’s what I know... We have 1 fresh tank at the rear, then the grey in front of that, and the black in front of the grey.
There’s a small reservoir of grey for the outside sink that gets pumped to the main grey tank.
The fresh tank fills from the hose on the driver side, by way of the valve in the water control bay on the passenger side. When it’s full it will overflow into the ground at the right rear corner.

Is yours different?
Mine look like this when drawer is removed under outside fridge. Gray is ahead of these 2 fresh tanks and black ahead of the gray. My overflow and valve is same as yours. Both tanks share overflow. Bottom of tanks are plumed together with single pipe going between them. My problem is that only water inlet pipe goes to only most rear tank. According to their schematic drawing, water inlet should be going to both tanks.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screenshot_20200613-170910_Photos.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	148.2 KB
ID:	173922  
Old 06-13-2020, 05:51 PM   #826
Winnebago Master

You’re right. 2 tanks, but mine looks a lil different. Looks like you are missing the 2nd spin-weld hose fitting.
I used a mirror to see where the lines go behind the wall. Mine has the forward tank filling first, from the forward hose. The rearward hose connects to the top of the rear tank, and also has the overflow tube coming off of it. The front tank would have to fill completely for the 2nd hose to start filling the rear tank. Looks like the full level sensor is also on the rear tank.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	31D0C43E-29AC-4D1D-AB22-86A18A35202D.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	246.5 KB
ID:	173924  
Old 06-13-2020, 06:26 PM   #827
Winnebago Master

Today’s project was fixing the poorly made screens. The entry screen door was done so poorly that there was more than 1” of twist in the frame. I’ve fixed my previous screen doors by twisting them back into shape, but this one was no joke. You wouldn’t believe how far I twisted the frame, with all screws loose, then tightened them, and it still sprung back.

The front passenger screen had a 1/2 - 3/4” gap at the rear top.

Only way to fix is to re-screen the amateur mess that Winnebago sells.

Some notes...
Lay the screen flat and tape it to help keep it square.
Pay attention to the diameter of the rubber spline/cord. There are many available.
I reused the spline from the front screen. .120”-ish.

The door is .175”, but the small section in the plastic vertical divider for the slider is fatter, so I reused it.

My door is now flat and square, and can easily close and catch on it’s own now!
There was so much pressure on that little lever holding it closed, wether to the door frame or to the main door. It was so twisted.

While I was at it, I replaced our little sliding window with a different one. This model can stay closed and still open the screen. The problem is that it’s more than 2” shorter height than our 12” section. I had to move both horizontal bars to get things into position where everything fit together with the main entry handle.
Always more work than anticipated, but worth it.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	82C2EC31-1FDE-4E2E-B2CF-3B013EAB44C5.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	173925   Click image for larger version

Name:	51E76163-B25F-43B4-AC42-77355F9FE55E.jpeg
Views:	53
Size:	340.5 KB
ID:	173926  

Name:	85AD3DAF-6CEA-4C4D-8499-DAD973F965CD.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	395.8 KB
ID:	173927   Click image for larger version

Name:	20E1A5DD-63F5-49A5-A31C-7CCF9D86F81A.jpeg
Views:	58
Size:	361.9 KB
ID:	173928  

Old 06-13-2020, 07:58 PM   #828
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Today’s project was fixing the poorly made screens. The entry screen door was done so poorly that there was more than 1” of twist in the frame. I’ve fixed my previous screen doors by twisting them back into shape, but this one was no joke. You wouldn’t believe how far I twisted the frame, with all screws loose, then tightened them, and it still sprung back.

Some notes...
Pay attention to the diameter of the rubber spline/cord. There are many available.

The door is .175”, but the small section in the plastic vertical divider for the slider is fatter, so I reused it.

There was so much pressure on that little lever holding it closed, wether to the door frame or to the main door. It was so twisted.

While I was at it, I replaced our little sliding window with a different one. This model can stay closed and still open the screen. The problem is that it’s more than 2” shorter height than our 12” section. I had to move both horizontal bars to get things into position where everything fit together with the main entry handle.
Never a dull moment at your home...
Old 06-13-2020, 08:01 PM   #829
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Mine look like this when drawer is removed under outside fridge. Gray is ahead of these 2 fresh tanks and black ahead of the gray. My overflow and valve is same as yours. Both tanks share overflow. Bottom of tanks are plumed together with single pipe going between them. My problem is that only water inlet pipe goes to only most rear tank. According to their schematic drawing, water inlet should be going to both tanks.
I did notice that, when you go to get the schematics, they ask does your model number have a 1 or a 2. Mine is a two, and there’s no link to if you’re starts with a 1.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:31 PM   #830
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
You’re right. 2 tanks, but mine looks a lil different. Looks like you are missing the 2nd spin-weld hose fitting.
I used a mirror to see where the lines go behind the wall. Mine has the forward tank filling first, from the forward hose. The rearward hose connects to the top of the rear tank, and also has the overflow tube coming off of it. The front tank would have to fill completely for the 2nd hose to start filling the rear tank. Looks like the full level sensor is also on the rear tank.
Thanks... Yes I can see now from your view, mine is certainly missing that FILL Hose for the forward tank.

I have a work-around for this problem, way too wordy to explain, and it seems to kill 2 birds with one stone, sorta speak.

There is another problem with these tanks. Because they are so shallow, if one happens to park with the passenger side lower than the drivers side, you will loose water. Lots of water. (was eating a sandwich at Windy's once, and looked outside to see a stream of water coming from my overflow!)

So now I have a TEE fixed to the overflow with a one way garden hose valve on one side and a shutoff on the other. That way I can go on rough roads and not loose precious water for dry camping. (the shutoff valve is what I use to force water into the forward tank) BTW, I had to separate the overflow line from the tanks in order to do this trick.

The other option of course is to pull the kitchen out and run the missing line to to forward tank.

Maybe some day but I like this setup I have. I don't loose any water between the trips.
Old 06-13-2020, 08:41 PM   #831
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

Some notes...

Yeah pretty shabby workmanship in these coaches we fine. Sadly most people ether fight with the dealer, only to have them not fix it properly, or worse yet, break something else in the process. Personally, I don't trust the dealers mechanics to well. They don't get paid much and therefore quite inexperienced. I had 7 issues with my coach after purchase. But I was 2000 miles away from dealer. So took it to a dealer here in Wisconsin. They may have tried to fix most of the items, but I had to finish their job on most of the issues.

I also did the same mod to my screen door. Yep it was too short. So I just cut a piece of Plexiglass and fixed it to the new slide. Works great. [/LIST]
Old 06-13-2020, 09:45 PM   #832
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Yeah pretty shabby workmanship in these coaches we fine. Sadly most people ether fight with the dealer, only to have them not fix it properly, or worse yet, break something else in the process. Personally, I don't trust the dealers mechanics to well. They don't get paid much and therefore quite inexperienced. I had 7 issues with my coach after purchase. But I was 2000 miles away from dealer. So took it to a dealer here in Wisconsin. They may have tried to fix most of the items, but I had to finish their job on most of the issues.

I also did the same mod to my screen door. Yep it was too short. So I just cut a piece of Plexiglass and fixed it to the new slide. Works great. [/LIST]
You two are way more advanced and have more ingenuity than I.
I took the path of least resistance...
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	C8CD6CF4-C902-4DAF-BD0E-F57B4ACA5AEF.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	166.6 KB
ID:	173931   Click image for larger version

Name:	F4AC4F76-F5ED-42A1-8BFD-C03A7AD83E2F.jpg
Views:	50
Size:	121.4 KB
ID:	173932  

Old 06-14-2020, 06:43 AM   #833
Winnie-Wise

Wyatt, Nah, not anymore advanced, maybe just like to torcher ourselves more.

How is that working for you? I looked at that but didn't know how well it would actually hold up. Didn't look sturdy enough. But it may be just what is needed there.

I didn't like the way I had to piece together the Plexiglas. I kind of made a mess of it as I tried to just glue it 1st together. But eventually had to use SS 8x32's to do a more permanent job of it.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:00 PM   #834
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Here's a link to the Doghouse Insulation I did today. I measured the dbl before and after. HUGE difference. Have to say, it was one of the easiest and most gratifying mods I've done.

I posted over on the NO INTENT area where I post all of my mods so I can keep track of them if someone ask me for a link...

https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3864070
Old 06-14-2020, 10:33 PM   #835
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Wyatt, Nah, not anymore advanced, maybe just like to torcher ourselves more.

How is that working for you? I looked at that but didn't know how well it would actually hold up. Didn't look sturdy enough. But it may be just what is needed there.

I didn't like the way I had to piece together the Plexiglas. I kind of made a mess of it as I tried to just glue it 1st together. But eventually had to use SS 8x32's to do a more permanent job of it.
The screen door handle is still on my workbench. We don’t have a lot of bugs out her in No. CA,, just some annoying flys, so I don’t worry about it too much. However, I will install it I suppose, and repost my review.

Drilling a hole in my door, and if I hate it later, would be irreconcilable, hence my reticence...
Old 06-14-2020, 11:03 PM   #836
Winnebago Master

Drill it. If you don’t like it you can have my old panel
Old 06-14-2020, 11:43 PM   #837
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Drill it. If you don’t like it you can have my old panel
Old 06-15-2020, 03:45 PM   #838
JLA
Winnebago Camper

Hi
I want to add a rear bumper to my 26M any recommendations ?
JLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:02 PM   #839
JLA
Winnebago Camper

I didnt realized until today that I bumped into this thread how much I have messed with my 26m, just in case interested here we go ....
• steering stabilizer, I can’t really tell how much of improvement cuz I really didn’t drive it before.
• TPMS And extensions
• Made a 1” thick play wood wrapped in brown carpet to cover steps (safer for my toddler and small pet)
• Reinforced all roof seams with eternabond tape
• All 4 speaker upgrade
• Installed pressure washers on seatbelt anchor bolts (no more clicking sound)
• Reinforced dinning overhead cabinets copying cabinets over the bed
• Changed front and rear sway bar to stiffer setting
• I removed useless to me outdoor fridge and replaced tv for a bigger one.
• Installed Victron 712 battery monitor
• Installed 2 Battle Born lithium batteries
• Installed GoPower 2000w inverter
• Reconfigured wiring so all outlets will work with inverter power
• Installed GoPower automatic switch box
• Turned battery tray into a compartment
• Installed battery warmer
• Reconfigured 12v wiring into a busbar with main power shutoff simplifying and getting rid of lots of unnecessary wiring
• Upgraded wiring
• Installed progressive dynamics smart power converter
• Replaced battery isolator with Renogy 50 dc to dc battery charger with mppt
• 320w portable solar
Wish list ...
CarPlay stereo
Front cab speakers
Sound deadening and never ending rattle mitigation
Sumo springs or air ride in all corners ?? opinions anyone here, Thank you
JLA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 04:15 PM   #840
Winnebago Master

JLA, welcome!

You've been busy!

I added a bumper and spare tire to my 26M. Look in the earlier pages of this thread for pictures and description. It just got brought up again in the last couple of pages too.

There are many, many upgrades similar to yours in these pages with plenty of discussion and pictures.
As you scan through, keep an eye out for something useful that I'll send you for free. Just pm your address.

-Robb

Tags
intent