Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-03-2020, 09:10 AM   #641
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Well, I didn’t exactly say that. If you use the ground as they state in the instructions, they’ll work just fine.

I have all of mine grounded, except in the bedroom. There’s no way to run a wire thru the styrofoam insulated wall, and no way to go in behind it, and I don’t want an external wire.

So it has no ground. Yet, it’s still works. Just has to “warm up”. Takes a few minutes, but then it responds. Stays working fine until you turn it off again for too long. Try it.
Nice to know it doesn't exactly need a ground then. Wonder if all RV dimmers work like that, as the one I was looking at said it needed a ground.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 05:20 PM   #642
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Hi All,

The latches are in the mail and will be delivered around the country on Monday and Tuesday. There's 1 going to Canada that will take a bit longer, but I wasn't given a time.
I'm sorry that this has taken so long, but I'm sure you'll be happy with it compared to that ridiculous screw! I even took one of the new ones cuz I improved on the design a bit.

If anyone else wants one, just send me a private message with your address.

-Robb

I cannot thank you enough. Got home from the shakedown trip this weekend to find this waiting for me on my doorstep. I knew the dealership was not going to "mail me a replacement" and this is so much better than that screw, or the bungee cord I used for the shakedown.

It was asked earlier, but I did not see a reply. Do you like coffee or some other joint? Whatever you prefer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20200503_161300.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	227.8 KB
ID:	173410  
theSane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2020, 08:46 PM   #643
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by theSane View Post
I cannot thank you enough. Got home from the shakedown trip this weekend to find this waiting for me on my doorstep. I knew the dealership was not going to "mail me a replacement" and this is so much better than that screw, or the bungee cord I used for the shakedown.

It was asked earlier, but I did not see a reply. Do you like coffee or some other joint? Whatever you prefer.
This is like Christmas! Can’t wait...You send him coffee, I’ll send some other “joint”.
Old 05-03-2020, 09:10 PM   #644
Winnebago Master

I’m glad you like it! Thank you for the kind words.

Seriously, they’re freebies! People have given so much great information in this LOOOOONG thread, and I just wanted to say “Thanks!”

-Robb
Old 05-03-2020, 09:37 PM   #645
Winnebago Master

Side view camera installed. I put it in about the same location as the newer INTENT’s that were lucky enough to come with them stock.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	F454F5D3-5145-44BC-9EF0-F4CD0A0D9C3B.jpeg
Views:	59
Size:	181.1 KB
ID:	173412   Click image for larger version

Name:	52AC60BF-DFCF-4F7C-A56E-1F57AC79CC15.jpeg
Views:	63
Size:	298.8 KB
ID:	173413  

Old 05-03-2020, 10:31 PM   #646
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Side view camera installed. I put it in about the same location as the newer INTENT’s that were lucky enough to come with them stock.
Nice. Looks like it’s about time you updated your list of mods in your profile. I’m sure it’s WAY out of date...
Old 05-04-2020, 02:08 PM   #647
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Hi All,

The latches are in the mail and will be delivered around the country on Monday and Tuesday. There's 1 going to Canada that will take a bit longer, but I wasn't given a time.
I'm sorry that this has taken so long, but I'm sure you'll be happy with it compared to that ridiculous screw! I even took one of the new ones cuz I improved on the design a bit.

Wyatt,
This was too funny and I have to share...when the postal worker was typing in your address, he looked up at me and asked if I made up this address.
Huh? I laughed. He asked again, saying there's no such zip code. I showed him your message. While laughing, he told me that my friend doesn't know his own address and changed the last digit to a 2.

-Robb
Enough said, for now...Thank you again Robb!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Screen Shot 2020-05-04 at 1.04.35 PM.png
Views:	73
Size:	363.3 KB
ID:	173425  
Old 05-04-2020, 06:59 PM   #648
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Hi All,

Wyatt,
This was too funny and I have to share...when the postal worker was typing in your address, he looked up at me and asked if I made up this address.
Huh? I laughed. He asked again, saying there's no such zip code. I showed him your message. While laughing, he told me that my friend doesn't know his own address and changed the last digit to a 2.

-Robb
And now, a word from my wife...
“I don’t even know you, but my husband shared with me your invention. It was I who had to put that silly screw in when we left camp, and now, I get to spend more time reading my magazines.
P.S. I put something in the mail for you today, as a show of my appreciation. Thanks so much!”

I concur. Thanks Robb.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	905698A4-4FD0-4A62-8D75-4688114DC805.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	192.8 KB
ID:	173427  
Old 05-05-2020, 08:57 AM   #649
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
And now, a word from my wife...
“I don’t even know you, but my husband shared with me your invention. It was I who had to put that silly screw in when we left camp, and now, I get to spend more time reading my magazines.
P.S. I put something in the mail for you today, as a show of my appreciation. Thanks so much!”

I concur. Thanks Robb.
Robb, mine is at the P.O. as were still dry camping in the outback till weekend. But Wyatt, your wife typed out some words that brought tears to my eyes, I know my wife would be typing those same exact words, if ours would be installed now. So Thank you wife Wyatt for these nice words of appreciation to Robb.

Thanks again
Old 05-05-2020, 12:33 PM   #650
Winnebago Master

Thank you!
Old 05-05-2020, 07:16 PM   #651
Winnebago Owner

Just got mine all the way cross the country in va, thanks so much Robb! My wife didnt know we was getting this til i opened the package,think we have had 3 mishaps with the door flying open when we didnt put the screw back in,hate that screw! Our thank you will be in the mail soon,Thanks!!
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:21 PM   #652
Winnebago Owner

Wish i was tech savy enough to post pics of my intent with my wraps of my sport teams on the back of my intent and our 2 golden retrievers in the back window that u can see out but not in and covered the burgundy stripes with black.
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 07:34 PM   #653
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

Enough said, for now...Thank you again Robb!

At least now we know our true zip Code. 🤓
Old 05-05-2020, 07:43 PM   #654
Winnebago Owner

Many thanks to Robb.

I also received my new latch today in the mail. I installed the latch already. 1000 times better than the screw b/s Winnebago decided to use. I must say I hae gotten lucky. I have forgot to put the screw in and not had the doors open. Now I don't have to worry about that.
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2020, 08:37 PM   #655
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
At least now we know our true zip Code. 🤓
No, at least now “I” know my zip code, thanks to you.
Old 05-05-2020, 10:29 PM   #656
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
Wish i was tech savy enough to post pics of my intent with my wraps of my sport teams on the back of my intent and our 2 golden retrievers in the back window that u can see out but not in and covered the burgundy stripes with black.
Just take a photo on your phone, then go to your photos, and take a screenshot, then upload it under the ADVANCED TAB.
Old 05-06-2020, 09:13 AM   #657
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
No, at least now “I” know my zip code, thanks to you.
Oh Wiatt, your giving me way too much credit. Some morning I have to look at my drivers license to remember my true idenity!
Old 05-06-2020, 09:28 AM   #658
Winnie-Wise

Ok, let me try my photo techniques.
1st pic is taken with volume buttons on bottom of phone.
2nd shot using swipe method.

Guess both methods work.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20200506_081606.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	446.9 KB
ID:	173433   Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20200506-082431_Photos.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	132.9 KB
ID:	173434  

Old 05-07-2020, 11:00 AM   #659
Winnebago Master

I’m glad the latches are working for you! I can’t imagine not having one.
Old 05-07-2020, 04:47 PM   #660
Winnebago Owner

Hey Guys -
This has been amazing to read through how far some of your builds have come along! WOW! I have just been completely submerged in the new work that brought me to sunny California. I have visited my beloved Willenium Falcon a handful of times to exercise the engine, slideouts, water pump, etc..but we havent been on a trip since landing from our cross-country jaunt followed by about a month's worth of living in the rig in Van Nuys while we closed on our house in Camarillo. Fortunately the neighborhood we bought in has an RV parking area, so it's just a short walk! Cant wait for some down time to get back out on the road - and yes - restart the mods! The pages of info here are just so impressive! I'm a fan of the model, and this community that has sprung up around it! I was glad to see it come back for 2020. I hope you all are safe and well!
BDub
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
intent