Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2020, 08:48 AM   #561
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Yes, that’d be a great way to go. Let us know if you find them. I was on the road when doing that mod, so since they didn’t have it in stock, so went I a different direction.
Yeah Wyatt, I did fine some dual filament 3156 LED's, but they require the load resistor. I'm not too crazy to have to cut and splice wires. I remember I had to do this on my 94 Ford Ranger, but would assume modern technology in vehicles would be past that resistor thing now days.

I might get a couple anyway and if they don't flash properly, just use them for the backup lights.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 09:06 AM   #562
Winnebago Vita 24P

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlescho View Post
Just throwing my 2 cents in. I have no idea, but ClosetMaid makes end caps for their wire shelving system. Might work. FYI, I believe the end caps come in 2 or 3 different sizes.
thank you great find.
Old 04-17-2020, 09:48 AM   #563
Winnebago Master

If anyone is interested in a refrigerator latch, just send me a private message with your name & address and I’ll get one to you!

-Robb
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	105F0EB4-A598-4B6D-AE9A-D63EAC66A5D4.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	433.6 KB
ID:	173281   Click image for larger version

Name:	351F7692-FC94-4752-AEC9-4AC67B2E01A4.jpeg
Views:	57
Size:	305.4 KB
ID:	173282  

Name:	17FC805C-1D60-4390-B44C-1648040D4852.jpeg
Views:	66
Size:	392.3 KB
ID:	173283  
Old 04-17-2020, 06:36 PM   #564
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Intent Bedroom TV Removal

So, removed the TV today and found it to be quite easy.

Use step stool or ladder to be able to see above top of TV...you will see 5 screws, remove all 5, push up on bottom of TV and it is off!

Panel is behind the TV that serves as side wall for the storage area accesable from inside closet.

Here some pics
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	TV1.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	49.8 KB
ID:	173286   Click image for larger version

Name:	TV2.jpg
Views:	61
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	173287  

Name:	TV3.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	50.7 KB
ID:	173288  
Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
feiter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:53 PM   #565
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by feiter View Post

Use step stool or ladder to be able to see above top of TV...you will see 5 screws, remove all 5, push up on bottom of TV and it is off!

Panel is behind the TV that serves as side wall for the storage area accesable from inside closet.

Here some pics
Are going to remount that tv on an articulating mount, and add hinges to the back panel, or what are you going to do with that space?
Old 04-17-2020, 06:55 PM   #566
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Renogy AGM Battery Install and BMV-712

So, removed the stock batteries and replaced with Renogy AGM 100AH

https://www.amazon.com/Renogy-Deep-C...dp/B084M48255/

And added BMV-712 Bluetooth Battery Monitor at same time.

Wyatt has posted a great video on the BMV-712 Install and wasn't bad at all. The bluetooth allows you to set up and see status on your phone using an app. Fairly easy to do although I am still playing with settings. So far I love both the batteries and the monitor. Have alarm set to tell me when battery level gets to 50% so can charge. Everything is working great.

These batteries are almost exactly the same size as the stock ones. Fit perfectly although the cable from the alternator could be a little longer as it connects to the shunt for the battery monitor now and was tight fit. Picture does not show the hold downs but they are also installed and work perfectly.

I found out today it is possible to use a built in relay to start the generator to charge the batteries when the Monitor alarm goes off. I want to look into that more...wonderful feature if it really works. Hoping all you have to do is wire the generator starter button located on our galley wall to the proper relay on the BMV-712. I will advise when I find out more.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Battery1.jpg
Views:	54
Size:	302.7 KB
ID:	173300   Click image for larger version

Name:	Battery2.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	213.8 KB
ID:	173301  

Name:	BMV1.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	196.2 KB
ID:	173302   Click image for larger version

Name:	Batin.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	246.4 KB
ID:	173303  

Safe-T-Plus, Roadmaster 1139140 Front SwayBar, Roadmaster 1139144 Rear SwayBar, Rear Drag Link, Koni Shocks front and rear, Front Sumo Springs, RVI3 Brake System, BlueOX 7365 Alpha TowBar, RVI3 Battery Charge, EEEZTire-TPMS, Winegard Connect 2 4GLTE and WiFi extender,
Old 04-17-2020, 07:06 PM   #567
Winnie-Wise

Quote:

Here some pics
Oh wow thanks. That's a good find as many of us will want to put a cabinet door there that flips up for easier access to that cubby hole.....

Denny
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:02 PM   #568
2018 Intent 26M Owner

I will continue to access the storage area from inside the closet...I use it for sleeping bags, pillows and a few other things...don't really need more storage.

BTW...removed TV inverter fired wall plug to run the romex to kitchen (done). What a piece of crap..WIN bought them as ONE PIECE with built in contacts and wires are pushed in place...I have put a real 15amp plug and now I need to find a box for it...will use shallow with drywall fasteners. Haven't completed the romex to kitchen plug but it looks like a real dual plug. Hope to finish that tomorrow.

Did you see my post saying we should be able to wire the generator to 712 and have it start to charge batters when alarm goes off? Are you going to pursue?

Thanks for the thanks.

Bill
Old 04-17-2020, 08:25 PM   #569
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Sweet! Don’t you just hate the wiring in the battery area? Looks like two octopuses having sex in there.
So, what if you add that relay, and the batteries go below 50% in a campground at midnight. Is there a way to disallow that from occurring?

Lastly, consider adding the Coleman Mach Bluetooth AirExcel thermostat. It’s backlit too. You’ll be glad you did.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	D7D12038-A528-4F82-A3C9-EFE9AA2F5DC0.jpg
Views:	59
Size:	175.0 KB
ID:	173293  
Old 04-17-2020, 08:36 PM   #570
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Your what if not likely to happen as I would not be in a park without hookups. However, it is easy to suspend and/delete an alarm so should be possible.

Yes, they really do have too much in the battery box..Made it a little harder to get everything in I used zip ties to try to organize and rather than bolting the shut I just zip tied it up too.

Bill
Old 04-18-2020, 08:15 AM   #571
Site Team

I know you folks like to have your own “Intent thread,” but so many of these posts would be helpful to everyone in the general forums. Especially since the thread is so many pages long. It’s tough for even new Intent owners to find things in the thread now.

Just an idea.
Old 04-18-2020, 09:52 AM   #572
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Lastly, consider adding the Coleman Mach Bluetooth AirExcel thermostat. It’s backlit too. You’ll be glad you did.
Ditto. I got the non BT model and love it!
Old 04-18-2020, 05:21 PM   #573
Winnebago Camper

Winegard T4 satellite installation in 29L

I have a 2020 Intent 29L. I bought a new Winegard Roadtrip T4. Has anyone installed one of these before on an Intent? . The unit has two coaxial cables and a 12 volt power cable. I think there may be some pre-wiring in the roof but, probably not what I need. I have two Walley Dish boxes for the front and back TV’s. I was wondering if I could run a HDMI from the bedroom box to the outdoor TV. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. This is my first RV. My brother has an older RV and was a contractor so, he is going to help me. By the way, I bought the satellite from Amazon so the dealer would not install it.

Paul
Delaware
BigEthel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 05:39 PM   #574
2018 Intent 26M Owner

Outside TV

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigEthel80 View Post
I have a 2020 Intent 29L. I bought a new Winegard Roadtrip T4. Has anyone installed one of these before on an Intent? . The unit has two coaxial cables and a 12 volt power cable. I think there may be some pre-wiring in the roof but, probably not what I need. I have two Walley Dish boxes for the front and back TV’s. I was wondering if I could run a HDMI from the bedroom box to the outdoor TV. Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated. This is my first RV. My brother has an older RV and was a contractor so, he is going to help me. By the way, I bought the satellite from Amazon so the dealer would not install it.

Paul
Delaware
Paul, I'm not at the RV right now so can't check but I am quite sure all 3 TVs in my unit have an HDMI port in wall. You should already have tone too.

I have installed a Winegard Connect 2 WiFi but not satelite. Don't think you'll find any wiring "in roof" as you describe unless you remove the existing power antenna...might be able to mount there with less work than complete new install.

Luck to you..Wish I would have bought the 29.
Old 04-19-2020, 06:54 PM   #575
Winnebago Owner

Has anybody covered the inside of there dog box for heat and noise reduction? If so what did you use? Thanks
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 07:14 PM   #576
Winnebago Owner

Wyatt,did you get that new digital thermostat on amazon? Seen them for $119.Is it worth it,definitely want to go digital from that crap box that is on there,Does the bottom button work the heat or cool? Thanks
BROAD ST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2020, 10:04 PM   #577
Winnebago Vita 24P

:You can buy a Honeywell thermostat at your favorite Wally world for less than $25 and with addition of a switch have a digital thermostat. The Switch is for controlling high and low blower speed.
Old 04-20-2020, 02:46 PM   #578
2018 Intent 26M Owner

HELP!!!
So a new problem...please keep in mind I have been doing electrical work including changing batteries to 2 100AH AGMs, adding a bluetooth battery monitor, removing the bedroom TV inverter powered wall plug and replacing with convention two outlet plug and running new 14 gage romex from that plug to kitchen where I installed a new wall plug.

Everything was working geat when I left RV yesterday after completing above. I did notice when I turned bay located power switch to on that the water pump did not make noise, at least I thought that. So, I have no lights in hall and bedroom except for light below the TV manual switch and the light in the closet..Also, the water pump is not running. It seems like everything else is working.

I do not have a blown fuse and I have reset all 6 breakers and I went out and even shut off the main power again and turned back on.

I am about to pull the TV back down to see if I have a loose wire but don't think that is issue as all the wire I removed and added to is romex and I think the wiring for lights is the 18 gage yellow.s

Any ideas and help would be appreciated.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:17 PM   #579
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BROAD ST View Post
Wyatt,did you get that new digital thermostat on amazon? Seen them for $119.Is it worth it,definitely want to go digital from that crap box that is on there,Does the bottom button work the heat or cool? Thanks
If you have the money, I’d get the AirExcel, as it is specifically designed for Coleman-Mach units.

The bottom button controls the selection of Heat, Fan Low, Fan Hi, AC low,, AC hi, or off. The other two buttons raise or lower the temperature.

The Bluetooth capability is really nice, if you’re laying in bed and want more cool or heat say in the morning you don’t have to get out of bed.
Old 04-20-2020, 05:30 PM   #580
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
HELP!!!
So a new problem...please keep in mind I have been doing electrical work including changing batteries to 2 100AH AGMs, adding a bluetooth battery monitor, removing the bedroom TV inverter powered wall plug and replacing with convention two outlet plug and running new 14 gage romex from that plug to kitchen where I installed a new wall plug.

Everything was working geat when I left RV yesterday after completing above. I did notice when I turned bay located power switch to on that the water pump did not make noise, at least I thought that. So, I have no lights in hall and bedroom except for light below the TV manual switch and the light in the closet..Also, the water pump is not running. It seems like everything else is working.

I do not have a blown fuse and I have reset all 6 breakers and I went out and even shut off the main power again and turned back on.

I am about to pull the TV back down to see if I have a loose wire but don't think that is issue as all the wire I removed and added to is romex and I think the wiring for lights is the 18 gage yellow.s

Any ideas and help would be appreciated.
I’m still scratching my head as to why you didn’t just run a wire from the back of the inverter plug to your new coffee plug in the kitchen—it’s right there?
And how on the heck did you get the wire from the back bedroom fished all-of the way into the kitchen? It’s not like you can fish through the walls.

Without knowing exactly what you did, it’s hard to troubleshoot, but whatever you did is probably the proximate cause, as everything worked fine before you did all that. I’d retrace the install with a voltmeter and find the issue that way...

Tags
intent