Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-02-2021, 06:10 PM   #1501
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCCAFIRE View Post
We have the exact one too.
I use the Trager Tailgater Grill for most all cooking. Yep it's larger by 30x but with a hitch rack, it can be taken anywhere. When I take the trailer, of course it's in there. But it cooks, Grills, bakes like no other oven I know of. It's expensive at $400+ and certainly overpriced, but better in performance and cleanup than most.
K9AEG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2021, 07:35 PM   #1502
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
Ok my friends. We have migrated safely to our summer nesting grounds of Wisconsin.

After driving 1900 miles, I sometimes have to wonder why I drive a Class A rather than a smaller lighter shorter Class B. Well, the reason is that I pull a 4500lb trailer that would tax most Class B's. And then then the comfort one would have to give us. I truly believe our 26M is a good trade off. Still nimble and competitive as noted below.

https://www.rvingknowhow.com/small-class-a-rv/
Interesting read, Thanks! I didn’t know there were so many small class A’s.
One thing I really like, is our outdoor kitchen, (which he missed mentioning in his review), and the fact that the two slides don’t slide into the camp area.
Old 05-02-2021, 07:46 PM   #1503
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by K9AEG View Post
I use the Trager Tailgater Grill for most all cooking. Yep it's larger by 30x but with a hitch rack, it can be taken anywhere. When I take the trailer, of course it's in there. But it cooks, Grills, bakes like no other oven I know of. It's expensive at $400+ and certainly overpriced, but better in performance and cleanup than most.
For outdoor cooking, I wanted the Trager Ranger. Darn near pulled the trigger. Just worried about the weight. May still do it one day. I love smoking stuff.
Old 05-03-2021, 06:29 AM   #1504
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
Interesting read, Thanks! I didn’t know there were so many small class A’s.
One thing I really like, is our outdoor kitchen, (which he missed mentioning in his review), and the fact that the two slides don’t slide into the camp area.

I didn't know that ether. But I see short class A's when in Arizona quite often. Yes I enjoy the outside kitchen also. But one of the features that sold me on this was the fact one didn't need the slides out to still have full operation of the coach. Most have sink covered or bathroom door slightly blocked or something like that. 5th wheels are the worse. Can't walk from front to back unless you climb over the kitchen counter!!!!
Old 05-03-2021, 06:40 AM   #1505
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
For outdoor cooking, I wanted the Trager Ranger. Darn near pulled the trigger. Just worried about the weight. May still do it one day. I love smoking stuff.
I guess were hooked on the thing, as we don't want to leave without taking it along. Barb does all her baking on it as is much easier than the oven. Does pizza very nice. What's nice is that one doesn't have to watch it like most grills. I set it and leave for hours, and when I get back the meal is nearing completion.

Once the pellets are fired up, it takes very little power to do the cooking as only a small fan and auger motor needs to run. They are heavy however. I can manage the weight of mine nicely, but the bigger ones probably would need help to load it. My feet fold and can still be rolled in the configuration.
Old 05-04-2021, 12:04 AM   #1506
Winnebago Owner

Outdoor Grill

Recently, we bought a pit boss sportsman portable pellet grill and love it. It has a 19 lb pellet hopper. It doesn’t fit into a bay, but we have a cargo carrier that attaches on our hitch that we carry it in.
Tried the traeger scout first, but had a bad board and a few other issues. We are serious bbq enthusiasts and own a couple big green eggs, pizza oven and gas grill at the house. After getting the pit boss for the rv, hubby decided to try it out in our backyard. Now a couple of months later that is the main go to, unless we are having a bbq and smoking a lot of meat that won’t fit on the pit boss. Pit boss makes a tabletop pellet grill, but we really like the hopper size on the sportsman. We saw the pit boss stand at a NASCAR race and pulled the trigger. We are very happy with it. We also have a small portable propane grill for the rv and a mini big green egg, but the pit boss is so much easier to use. Just plug it in, add pellets and set the temp.
Old 05-04-2021, 06:35 AM   #1507
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twpinaz View Post
Recently, we bought a pit boss sportsman portable pellet grill and love it. It has a 19 lb pellet hopper. It doesn’t fit into a bay, but we have a cargo carrier that attaches on our hitch that we carry it in.
Tried the traeger scout first, but had a bad board and a few other issues. We are serious bbq enthusiasts and own a couple big green eggs, pizza oven and gas grill at the house. After getting the pit boss for the rv, hubby decided to try it out in our backyard. Now a couple of months later that is the main go to, unless we are having a bbq and smoking a lot of meat that won’t fit on the pit boss. Pit boss makes a tabletop pellet grill, but we really like the hopper size on the sportsman. We saw the pit boss stand at a NASCAR race and pulled the trigger. We are very happy with it. We also have a small portable propane grill for the rv and a mini big green egg, but the pit boss is so much easier to use. Just plug it in, add pellets and set the temp.

I guess some people really get serious with these things. At a campground in Nebraska, talked to a guy who has 3 Traegers and one commercial sized one that cost 10k. Apparently he doesn't weddings and such.

I shied away from the pit boss as the one I wanted, the pellet hopper wasn't rain proof. And leave it to me I would forget to cover it.
Old 05-04-2021, 09:00 PM   #1508
Winnebago Owner

I think any pellet grill is easy to use and each brand have slight extras that will appeal to the owner. Would encourage others to pursue a pellet grill if you have the space to store and want a simple and reliable way to cook.
Old 05-05-2021, 06:30 AM   #1509
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twpinaz View Post
I think any pellet grill is easy to use and each brand have slight extras that will appeal to the owner. Would encourage others to pursue a pellet grill if you have the space to store and want a simple and reliable way to cook.
Oh gosh yes. I've grilled most of my years, and had so-so results because of flair-up or stuff not quite done etc. This type of grill can make everyone a chef. Plus it's more than a grill. It's an air-oven and more.

The Intent really doesn't have a place to store it. But with a hitch hauler, it fits nicely. May want to lock it as it could disappear easily.

Acquiring one was easy for me. I just wined to my kids about my "so old" Birthday coming up, and they felt sorry for me and the so the Traeger came with a bow on it.
Old 05-08-2021, 06:06 PM   #1510
Winnebago Owner

The Green Mountain Davey Crockett smoker came highly recommended by some other folks I know. A bit pricey $329. Runs on 12v or 120AC

https://greenmountaingrills.com/prod...et-grill-wifi/
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 12:27 PM   #1511
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Finally found the perfect addition to make sure we fit right in at white trash campgrounds...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7486F74F-D706-4198-98DA-C7A85933C6A9.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	185.4 KB
ID:	178870  
Old 05-15-2021, 12:59 PM   #1512
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Finally found the perfect addition to make sure we fit right in at white trash campgrounds...
Is there something wrong using your wiper blades and mirrors?
Old 05-15-2021, 01:27 PM   #1513
Winnebago Master

Perfect! You’ll blend right in at SeaCliff and Pacifica. Not!
Old 05-15-2021, 02:27 PM   #1514
Proud “No Intent” Owner

On a side note, I'm on day 3 running off of the Battle born's only. This is the third day to the hour as seen in the 37% image.

The new 2,000 watt inverter has enabled us to make espresso in the DW's fancy machine, so it and the batteries held up to that, they can hold up to most anything. Note the draw down recalculation of the Victron and how the "Time Remaining" drops off of a cliff while making coffee in the second image at 35%...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7BF817D1-03B6-4E75-9A9E-475ECD922E55_1_101_o.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	83.4 KB
ID:	178871   Click image for larger version

Name:	9626189F-EEBC-4CC9-9EB7-1BCC5AB7A526_1_102_o.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	75.4 KB
ID:	178872  

Old 05-15-2021, 03:51 PM   #1515
ottojf

I would like to see the instructions for the bumper. What parts where did you get them. How did you attach?
I know you mentioned it many posts ago but have not found it. Thanks.
This weeks project was to add many USB and 12V outlets to pilot co-pilot area.
Old 05-15-2021, 04:25 PM   #1516
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ottojf View Post
I would like to see the instructions for the bumper. What parts where did you get them. How did you attach?
I know you mentioned it many posts ago but have not found it. Thanks.
This weeks project was to add many USB and 12V outlets to pilot co-pilot area.
Sorry, there are no instructions. I posted pictures of the bumper on page 3 and 6. It's all custom and the body has to be cut for clearance. I welded a long receiver on each end of the existing trailer hitch to use as mounting points. Then welded more hitch material to the bumper. This way the bumper and spare tire can be removed easily. The receivers either came from Harbor Freight or Amazon. The 4" square bumper tube and aluminum trim came from PPL Motorhomes, but can be found elsewhere.

You never responded to my private message...did you receive the fridge latch?
Old 05-15-2021, 04:33 PM   #1517
Winnebago Master

Guess who else is now selling his Intent? Yup. We talked about it late last year and have now decided to do it. We're still figuring things out with our jobs, but if all goes as planned, we will be leaving California early next year. Finally! Selling the Winnie will ease the transition, and when we get settled, we'll get another RV.
I'll still be around, just no more mods from me.

Please, wish us luck with the sale!

-Robb
Old 05-15-2021, 09:47 PM   #1518
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Guess who else is now selling his Intent? Yup. We talked about it late last year and have now decided to do it. We're still figuring things out with our jobs, but if all goes as planned, we will be leaving California early next year. Finally! Selling the Winnie will ease the transition, and when we get settled, we'll get another RV.

-Robb
Well, you’ve certainly entertained and inspired us with enough mods, so you’re off the hook on that one.

Now, have you considered renting it out? Just curious, because there’s a lot of money in that, especially for a tricked out rig.
Old 05-16-2021, 01:26 AM   #1519
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post

-Robb
Side note. Wishing you well, as you asked. I’m sure we’ll hear from you again—I hope.
But if you decide to strip out some of your mods, I’d be willing to entertain buying the windshield and side window black out blinds you just put in, if you decide to strip the beasts..
Old 05-16-2021, 05:30 AM   #1520
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Well, you’ve certainly entertained and inspired us with enough mods, so you’re off the hook on that one.

Now, have you considered renting it out? Just curious, because there’s a lot of money in that, especially for a tricked out rig.
Gosh, you certainly was an inspiration to us for sure. But I know you were talking of leaving long ago. We hope and pray it will be an easy move. But if u could hang onto the rig somehow, that sure would be a plus down the road for ya.

We're in the process of moving also as we speak. Moving from one end of the state to the other. House maybe ready for market in about a few weeks. Don't believe I will have any problems selling, but our new place may not be completed as planned because of material shortage. So we may become full timers for awhile via the Intent.

Tags
intent