Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-05-2021, 11:02 AM   #1301
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
I don’t know if I’m doing it right, but it works

I always try to park with the front lower than the rear, and the side to side is minimal. I never park where I might lift the rear too much as those are the tires holding the RV in place.
The front jacks lower one at a time, driver side first until it makes contact, then the passenger side lowers. When it makes contact, they both lift. I get it pretty level with the front, then I do the rear. They drop at the same time. When they make contact I stop. Then use the sides to level. Then back to the front just a bit to make sure one didn’t leave the ground from the rear movement. Then a quick hit of the rear to be sure of the same.
Works perfect every time.

Another reason for doing the front first is that the rear will actually lower a bit when lifting the front. Then the rear lift is minimal. If the rear are deployed first, then the front, the overall amount of lift is greater.

The auto level is a joke. It’s not smart enough. It would dance about, getting higher off the ground, until it just couldn’t level itself. I learned how to put it in manual mode early on and will never go back. It’s easier and the RV stays closer to the ground because in auto mode it’s always compensating for a bad move. It can only go up, so it tries again. And again.

We were at Emma Wood, just north of Ventura, CA in an oceanfront site that auto level would never have been able to complete. I had several large blocks of wood under the front jacks and the wheels were over a foot off the ground. It was so sketchy that I laid out all 3 bags of my orange lego blocks and drove up on them, then leveled it again. I was still barely touching the legos!
That’s literally 30 minutes from my house! Gonna have to check Emma Wood out!
bdub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2021, 11:03 AM   #1302
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Wyatt, thanks again for the tip on the Snap Pads. When I park in front of my house, like last weekend welding on the light bar, the street is a bit of a hill. The pads grip well and are much quieter on solid surfaces than the stock steel foot plate. I’m parked on gravel right now and the larger foot print makes a difference.
Those are going for 200 bucks on Amazon, right? Wanna make sure I’m looking at the right ones. 9 inch diameter.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:29 AM   #1303
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdub View Post
Those are going for 200 bucks on Amazon, right? Wanna make sure I’m looking at the right ones. 9 inch diameter.
Correct. I found out that pretty much everybody is out of stock, so the price is high because that’s the only inventory.
Wyatt went all-in and did his correctly by also using Flex Seal.
I cut that corner and just used dish soap as lube. It took a couple tries, but was still done in about 20 minutes with my wife operating the jacks from inside.
Old 03-05-2021, 11:37 AM   #1304
Winnebago Master

Quote:
That’s literally 30 minutes from my house! Gonna have to check Emma Wood out!
No hook-up’s, bathrooms, fire pits, or tables. You’re on your own there! Reservations are thru Reserve CA for the peak months, but winter is off the reservation system, so you just show up and find a site.
We always stay within the first group near the entrance, as that’s where the surf is and beach access. The sites to the south have a cement barrier wall or massive rocks.
Old 03-05-2021, 01:46 PM   #1305
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
No hook-up’s, bathrooms, fire pits, or tables. You’re on your own there! Reservations are thru Reserve CA for the peak months, but winter is off the reservation system, so you just show up and find a site.
We always stay within the first group near the entrance, as that’s where the surf is and beach access. The sites to the south have a cement barrier wall or massive rocks.
Awesome! Good place to see about our power usage before buying solar stuff
Old 03-09-2021, 10:44 PM   #1306
Winnebago Camper

YAY!!! THANK YOU! This is exactly what I've been looking for! Perfect. I really appreciate the pics.

Quote:
Hey everybody!

In a previous post, I talked about how excited I was to be able to find a use for an old first gen iPad (thanks to copilotGPS app hanging on to previous versions that work with the old IOS). I have been trying all kinds of solutions to mount the dang thing and today I finally have a result I'm a 100% happy with.

I'd never heard of ram mounts until one of those in depth videos on the Intent that Lichtsinn RV put out...and as the guy was going through the cockpit, he referenced RAM mounts being a good solution for our dashboards. Let me tell y'all - he's right! Just got everything all in like a like it. These suckers are sturdy! I may have wanted another inch on the connector piece, but I like the lower profile so prying eyes can size up what might be tempting merchandise.

Enjoy the pics and hope they help! For now, I just have the base plate wedged under the lip of the dash piece. Gonna have to come up with a bracket that mimics the passenger worktray for it.
Old 03-11-2021, 09:12 AM   #1307
Winnebago Owner

Sweet! Glad it helped your search
Old 03-11-2021, 06:30 PM   #1308
Winnebago Camper

Do you by chance have the model # of the mount you bought or a link to it? I was all over their site trying to find it, and couldn't =(

We pick our 2019 Intent 31P tomorrow and are so excited but MAN we have so much to do to get her ready for us! lol
Old 03-11-2021, 07:12 PM   #1309
Winnebago Master

Welcome to Club INTENT!
This thread is pretty active, so if you've got questions, ask away!

-Robb
Old 03-11-2021, 10:22 PM   #1310
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedQueenBWG View Post
Do you by chance have the model # of the mount you bought or a link to it? I was all over their site trying to find it, and couldn't =(

We pick our 2019 Intent 31P tomorrow and are so excited but MAN we have so much to do to get her ready for us! lol
Yes, it’s three pieces (at least how I did mine)
RAM-B-346U Baseplate that tucks under the dash
RAM-B-101U This is the middle piece that elevates the iPad
RAM-HOL-TAB3U This is the iPad holder

It has been sturdy and held up really well for us.
Old 03-12-2021, 10:46 PM   #1311
Winnebago Camper

Thank you!
Old 03-13-2021, 12:37 AM   #1312
Winnebago Camper

Talking She's finally home!

We picked up our girl today! So excited. Let the upgrades begin...

First things first: new mattress. I ordered it a couple of days ago. I asked the sales guy to just toss out the old comforter and pillows and he was nice enough to do that, but also tossed the existing mattress for us. lol so, until our new mattress comes, we won't be going anywhere.

All in due time though. I imagine we'll be getting her ready for us over the next couple of weeks.

Here's a couple pics we took today:

PS: Dealer had her listed as a 2019 and all week I've been doing searches because based on her paint scheme and some other missing features, I thought she was an '18. Sure enough, she is. I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.
Old 03-13-2021, 09:48 AM   #1313
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedQueenBWG View Post
We picked up our girl today! So excited. Let the upgrades begin...

First things first: new mattress. I ordered it a couple of days ago. I asked the sales guy to just toss out the old comforter and pillows and he was nice enough to do that, but also tossed the existing mattress for us. lol so, until our new mattress comes, we won't be going anywhere.

All in due time though. I imagine we'll be getting her ready for us over the next couple of weeks.

Here's a couple pics we took today:

PS: Dealer had her listed as a 2019 and all week I've been doing searches because based on her paint scheme and some other missing features, I thought she was an '18. Sure enough, she is. I may not always be right, but I am never wrong.
Congrats! What mattress company did you go with? So far we have gotten by with a gel foam topper cut down to the off-size of the stock mattress.
Old 03-13-2021, 10:04 PM   #1314
Winnebago Master

Busy day!
Added a set of white driving lights next to the yellow fogs. All KC G4 Gravity.
Replaced the bathroom faucet with a single handle model from eTrailer.
Replaced the radio with a giant 10” screen. Jensen CAR10. Fits perfect and still swivels in both directions. While I was in there I added 2 vertical dash supports to help cut down the bouncing on rough roads.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	A6BBDB2A-2BE0-4B41-9D6C-5920249F330F.jpeg
Views:	43
Size:	119.5 KB
ID:	177750   Click image for larger version

Name:	B526A1FD-51CF-4354-8FDA-4BA2363C0232.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	136.1 KB
ID:	177751  

Click image for larger version

Name:	52BFB7E1-E286-4260-B991-CF2589721059.jpeg
Views:	50
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	177752   Click image for larger version

Name:	9C6E0E36-3EB8-4FA3-8219-DB4A1CC904E5.jpeg
Views:	45
Size:	85.9 KB
ID:	177753  

Old 03-13-2021, 10:11 PM   #1315
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Congrats! What mattress company did you go with? So far we have gotten by with a gel foam topper cut down to the off-size of the stock mattress.
We did the memory foam topper for a while, then bought the same mattress we had in our last RV. The 8” thick “Luxury” model. Comfy!

https://www.mattressinsider.com/rv-mattress.html
Old 03-13-2021, 10:28 PM   #1316
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Busy day!
Replaced the radio with a giant 10” screen. Jensen CAR10. Fits perfect and still swivels in both directions. While I was in there I added 2 vertical dash supports to help cut down the bouncing on rough roads.
Wow! You’re on a roll! Keep them coming. You always inspire us...
Old 03-13-2021, 10:31 PM   #1317
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
We did the memory foam topper for a while, then bought the same mattress we had in our last RV. The 8” thick “Luxury” model. Comfy!

https://www.mattressinsider.com/rv-mattress.html
The wife picked it out, not me $$. We never spent a night on the OEM mattress. We knew enough about RV’s to move up ASAP.

Here’s our option, not cheap, but they build to suit...

https://www.tochta.com/
Old 03-13-2021, 10:50 PM   #1318
Proud “No Intent” Owner

As a side note, I always post projects on my own thread so I can keep track of them but here was today’s surprise in the mail...
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...ml#post3890146
Old 03-14-2021, 07:52 AM   #1319
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kidikarus View Post
So here are straight on pics so you can see how much of the hole it's blocking. The third pic shows the bottom of the bracket behind where the bed slider grooves are. All pics are rotated 90 degrees to the left
Did you have to cut the metal bracket to get your new speakers installed? I’m having the same issue. Thanks
BigEthel80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2021, 02:56 PM   #1320
Proud “No Intent” Owner

Quote:
Busy day!
Sweet! That looks menacing. Now, put an air horn under that hood and you’ll scare the living daylight out of anyone in your way...

Tags
intent