Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2015, 10:59 AM   #41
Winnebago Camper

We went to look at a Tiffin 32' Breeze and ended up buying a 2012 Winnebago 33C that just happened to be in the same dealer's showroom. We couldn't be happier with our choice. The new Ford chassis on 22.5" rubber ride MUCH better than the old units on 19.5" tires. It is not air ride, but it is pretty darn good. The Forza's are entry level DP's and to meet price points some things had to go. Sightseers are mid-range in Winnebago's gasser line up. If the floor plan and size of a 33C is to your liking you may want to give an Adventurer 32D a look. the Adventurer/Suncruiser series have the amenities of upper end DP at a fraction of the cost. To the others guys, I have been driving tractor trailers for over 28 years. As far as the power thing, I thought we were all relaxing and RV'ing. Do you REALLY need to get to the top of the hill 30 seconds quicker? Remember these motorhomes are really large trucks and should be driven as such. Their mass prohibits them from responding like your Cadillac, stop thinking they should.
rini2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 11:45 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
heres some more.... the reason we sold the 33d was we bought a vacation house at lake havasu... and the pusher was just too big for me launhing the boat.... I had a e350 van that I converted to a camper and was able to sell that also and just have the 26'r to comute and tow the boat.....

all in all the 33d was a very nice coach for the price...just tooo big.....

the argument that it was faster and towed more faster was false... as I proved in my video's.... the excursion was slower up the hills , slower to take off and took longer to stop....again,...not a race car but facts are facts
towing the exact same trailer it was 20 mph slower up the hills...but did it with out effort and had the feel that it would last a long long time doing it...
the v10 was a screamer as some put it, but it did it faster..

I spent most of my life racing 1/4 mile so maybe getting up the hill first is in my blood...

for me,... I think they should crank the power up more on the diesels..... yah...they have the torque... and pound for pound, will out power the gas models,....but they loose most of it because the coach is sooo heavy,,,

when you compare weight on the scale...22k vs 34k no comparison....

but when you compare towing weight and hill speed the 26'r gas wins

if they would offer some thing else better besides the v10 in the 26'r I
would buy one today

they day they put a 340hp cummins in a fed that's 26' or under I will own one

but just to help you out....don't ever bet your lunch money against my little gaser...... it will out perfor any DP out there.....that's why I have it
Dont know what makes you think most of us would want to get beat to death for 4-8hrs a day, grip the wheel, with ten white knuckles in anything more than a breeze, just so we could get to the top of a hill 30sec sooner !!
Old 11-27-2015, 01:53 PM   #43
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by 96 Wideglide View Post
Dont know what makes you think most of us would want to get beat to death for 4-8hrs a day, grip the wheel, with ten white knuckles in anything more than a breeze, just so we could get to the top of a hill 30sec sooner !!
so you haven't watched the videos....lol

our far away trip is 210 miles....I could make it on a 10 speed
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 01:56 PM   #44
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
and so you know... you have nice nice coach.... lots of bragging room there...

no way my little freightliner could ever compete...

I like to own a Spartan chassis or similar some day...is your the 8 bag air ride?
Old 11-27-2015, 01:58 PM   #45
Winnebago Camper

Roadmaster 10 bag.
Old 11-27-2015, 02:04 PM   #46
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Roadmaster 10 bag.
oooohh damn..... you know what a good ride is

don't ever let my wife ride in there
Old 11-27-2015, 02:09 PM   #47
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Roadmaster 10 bag.
in my dreams......

Old 11-27-2015, 02:16 PM   #48
Winnebago Owner

this would be nice to own also...

Old 11-27-2015, 02:17 PM   #49
Winnebago Camper

Very close. That model has a rear master bath. Mine has the larger living/ kitchen area.

edit... first video. You slipped one in while I was watching.

Tags
gas