Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-18-2015, 08:34 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzfan View Post
I guess you're just a "cheeper" kind of guy...Sorry to have ruffled your feathers.
if i wanted to go real cheep i would have bought a 10 yr old coach instead of a 2016

i had an 06 journey 350hp cat

fuel guzzling slug... pulled my trailer 20mph slower up the same hill
LVRVLUVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 08:44 PM   #22
Winnebago Owner

being the cheep guy i am.... i ;ve had 9 motorhomes in the last year or so

pulling the same trailer up the same hill..
the 2014 excursion went 37mph

the 2006 journey went 40mph

the 2016 I have now went 60mph...

there's some good story tellers on here thats for sure.....

show me some proof...i have video's and have not lost a race to a DP yet....
Old 11-19-2015, 07:03 AM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by LVRVLUVR View Post
dp's have their place...."BIG".... only problem is getting around... we had a 40'
down in huntington on vacation...kid says lets stop at taco bell... by the time I found a place to pull over we needed to call a cab to go there....

the freightliner rides horrible unless it's loaded to max....period...
Not sure where or what you drove but our Forza 36G was 100 times better than our Sightseer on a Ford totally unloaded Period! I am happy you are good with your gas model. We were happy with ours for the 8 plus years we owned it but the simple fact a DP will always ride better that a gas and its just a matter of design Period!
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:07 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
being the cheep guy i am.... i ;ve had 9 motorhomes in the last year or so

pulling the same trailer up the same hill..
the 2014 excursion went 37mph

the 2006 journey went 40mph

the 2016 I have now went 60mph...

there's some good story tellers on here thats for sure.....

show me some proof...i have video's and have not lost a race to a DP yet....

We're just going to have agree to disagree here but what I will say is we'd certainly still be driving our 15 Winnebago 35F and be WAY ahead money-wise if our 35F was as good as you're saying that your gasser is because there just isn't any comparison check list that the 35F beats our 36G DP in, ZERO...
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 07:23 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

I feel better today. There is consistency in the universe. I've never seen a thread with both "gas" and "diesel" words that did not erupt in a fight/disagreement/argument/whatever and this one has kept the trend going.

Everyone has their opinion - there is nothing wrong with that and arguing about opinions is a total waste. Just like arguing about which turtle is faster - a total waste. Arguing about the speed of a 500 lb turtle carrying a heavy load and a 1 lb box turtle is even more wasteful.

For the OP (who we've probably lost), go try every option that is available to you (within your constraints and your "needs") and decide for yourself which one is best for you. Everyone I know with an RV (from a popup to a $1M coach) enjoys what they have - that is the key.
JFNM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2015, 04:19 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger29 View Post
We're just going to have agree to disagree here but what I will say is we'd certainly still be driving our 15 Winnebago 35F and be WAY ahead money-wise if our 35F was as good as you're saying that your gasser is because there just isn't any comparison check list that the 35F beats our 36G DP in, ZERO...
you're spot on with your comparison....like I said...if over 34' go diesel... the only way to fly if you can afford it....

most of the 34 to 36 'rs that Ive owned...probley 12 or so... I used to get a new one about every 9mo. my son played travel hockey and I hated to fly so we toured in the MH...

you need the torque that diesels have to move the weight...

I've even owned quite a few of the old discovery's with the 190/230 hp motors

problem I've always had was the coach wasn't heavy enough for the air ride...but I did figure out how to adjust the bags .... California roads reak havic with the freightliner chassis...had the tv fall out of my discovery aand the microwave cabinet fall of the 34' bounder...
Old 11-19-2015, 04:23 PM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digger29 View Post
lets see... one had to be cheeper? cheeper tax... cheeper plates?... cheeper insurance.....and one is gonna take a big hit if you wanna sell it.....right???
cheeper tires.. cheeper to maintain...????
Old 11-20-2015, 06:57 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Having owned both no comparison - the guy who says a gasser rides just the same is delusional

Main issue is that you want to fulltime - DP has much more storage space which you will sorely need -

If you can not afford a new DP buy a used one
delusional ....lol to say the least

I might need to clarify a little...

the test I did was to pull the trailer up the 6% grade.....
also the test was a 26' gas vs a 34' DP(measured 36')

the weight on the gas loaded was 23k the dp was 34k

there is no way as said to compare the gas to DP all things equal

the only reason to buy a 36' gas coach is to save money...

I would be the first to run out and buy a 26' diesel powered 26'r if
they would put the cummins 300 ,....and in the front....

my 26'r with 22.5 tires rode on a cloud.... with the bilstiens, and sumos...
best riding coach ever

both freightliner and ford ride horrible from the factory and need lots of adjustments.....I got the 34' expeditions figured out...most all the DP's need to be loaded close to max to really get the ride out of the ,as well as the f53's...

again... for me.... I want the smallest I can get with the walk around bed and split bath..... really narrows down the search....

did I really say a gas motor will out pull a diesel???

delusional
Old 11-20-2015, 09:15 AM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Floorplans - DP vs Gasser

Quote:
why would you say that??? my gas coach rides better ... stops faster, goes faster. pulls the same trailer faster,.. costs less. deprectiates less..cheeper to maintain... cheeper tires,.. cheeper sales tax, cheeper insurance, cheeper lic. plates......ect

I'm guessing my 42 ft has had less depreciation than the 9 you have traded and reworked the ride during the same timeframe. Nudge-nudge. Wink wink.
I'm much too happy with my RR10S chassis to even wonder about others.
To the OP: wishing you Happy Trails
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 01:22 PM   #30
Winnebago Owner

Quote:

best riding coach ever

both freightliner and ford ride horrible from the factory and need lots of adjustments.....I got the 34' expeditions figured out...most all the DP's need to be loaded close to max to really get the ride out of the ,as well as the f53's...

again... for me.... I want the smallest I can get with the walk around bed and split bath..... really narrows down the search....

delusional

You really had me going there for minute too I tried everything with our 35F, different shocks, Super Steer trac bar, messing with air pressures, fully loaded and empty and it never rode good and wandered way to much for us. Knowing what I know now, it was just to big and heavy had too body hanging past the rear axle which caused most of the handling woes. I'd honestly still be driving it and loving it if it handled better. I could've definitely lived with it being underpowered because I only pull my trailer maybe 30% of the time but the handling and braking issues were just deal breakers for us. Have a good one ya shitbird Mike
Digger29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 03:16 PM   #31
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CampDaven View Post
I'm guessing my 42 ft has had less depreciation than the 9 you have traded and reworked the ride during the same timeframe. Nudge-nudge. Wink wink.
I'm much too happy with my RR10S chassis to even wonder about others.
To the OP: wishing you Happy Trails
I bought my 33d for 127k...sold it for 135
Old 11-20-2015, 03:28 PM   #32
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Does the 127 include all of the upgrades you did? As I recall it was highly modified.
Old 11-20-2015, 03:35 PM   #33
Winnebago Owner

I just purchased the 38Q having had the 35G and 30T. So much more room. You will be spending a lot of time parked and space will be important. You can get a lot of coach in gas for the price or less than the Forza.
cpoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 04:30 PM   #34
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gordon Dewald View Post
Does the 127 include all of the upgrades you did? As I recall it was highly modified.
I changed the shocks...and traded the tires255's for 275s...
also swapped out the love seat....but sold the sofa bed...''' I get tires and shocks for free so it doesn't cost me there...igot 400 for the stock sofa... and paid 500 for the one from the furniture store
Old 11-20-2015, 05:06 PM   #35
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Depreciation - I think it's really hard to get a grasp on that number due to the wide variety of what people pay for these things new. As mentioned above new 33d for 127k vs msrp of 180k - $200k new... Local dealer was asking 149k for used one just a few weeks ago however that might of been a 35 model. They listed the new msrp at 179k and I kept thinking when I purchased my Bounder 38p, we worked out approx 40% off msrp.

I am leaning towards a DP for my next coach, lack of power in my Bounder 38p makes me want more oomph. Zero complaints of ride comfort, engine noise etc.... With the RV. Thought it was far superior to the ford chassis/engine combo back in 09 when we purchased the rv.
NC25T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:18 PM   #36
Winnebago Owner

If your still looking at a gasser ....check out the Vista 36Y... it's got a different set up, if your still looking see as many as you can.

Texas Boomers and FMCA members
dkrobath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 08:30 PM   #37
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by cpoo View Post
I just purchased the 38Q having had the 35G and 30T. So much more room. You will be spending a lot of time parked and space will be important. You can get a lot of coach in gas for the price or less than the Forza.
I was very close to buying a 38Q before we bought our Forza 36G. While the 38Q would have been a great coach the 36G fit our need better. We drove both and for us the Forza was well worth the extra money.
Forza Tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2015, 10:24 PM   #38
Winnie-Wise

Wink

Quote:

best riding coach ever

delusional
I'm sorry that I even commented on this thread...it appears there's a whole lot of BS on here that I don't even care to read...!
Old 11-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #39
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramzfan View Post
I'm sorry that I even commented on this thread...it appears there's a whole lot of BS on here that I don't even care to read...!
heres some more.... the reason we sold the 33d was we bought a vacation house at lake havasu... and the pusher was just too big for me launhing the boat.... I had a e350 van that I converted to a camper and was able to sell that also and just have the 26'r to comute and tow the boat.....

all in all the 33d was a very nice coach for the price...just tooo big.....

the argument that it was faster and towed more faster was false... as I proved in my video's.... the excursion was slower up the hills , slower to take off and took longer to stop....again,...not a race car but facts are facts
towing the exact same trailer it was 20 mph slower up the hills...but did it with out effort and had the feel that it would last a long long time doing it...
the v10 was a screamer as some put it, but it did it faster..

I spent most of my life racing 1/4 mile so maybe getting up the hill first is in my blood...

for me,... I think they should crank the power up more on the diesels..... yah...they have the torque... and pound for pound, will out power the gas models,....but they loose most of it because the coach is sooo heavy,,,

when you compare weight on the scale...22k vs 34k no comparison....

but when you compare towing weight and hill speed the 26'r gas wins

if they would offer some thing else better besides the v10 in the 26'r I
would buy one today

they day they put a 340hp cummins in a fed that's 26' or under I will own one

but just to help you out....don't ever bet your lunch money against my little gaser...... it will out perfor any DP out there.....that's why I have it
Old 11-27-2015, 09:33 AM   #40
Winnebago Owner

Floorplans - DP vs Gasser

Quote:

Lucky. And the other 8?
My 42 wasn't much more than that. I ain't in no hurry. I'll honk my Hadleys as you go by.
To the OP, we fulltimed for 2 years in a 32 foot Fred. It was great and we loved it. But it was too confining for long term. Just my view from the saddle.
Happy Trails!
https://davenola.blogspot.com/
CampDaven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gas