Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-21-2020, 12:14 PM   #21
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas Steve View Post
I guess my inverter reset itself when I heard the alarm using my toaster, because the TVs and fridge seem to still be working. Then again, I've been on electric hookup. So maybe I need to disconnect and try to use the inverter to run my TV.
Yes. Disconnect shore power and turn on the inverter. If fridge light is on you're good.

Inverter and 110 power don't mix. It's one or the other, or the inverter will trip and you'll have to push the reset button on the inverter itself.
Old 05-21-2020, 01:36 PM   #22
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by YGoHom View Post
Inverter and 110 power don't mix. It's one or the other, or the inverter will trip and you'll have to push the reset button on the inverter itself.
It's a shame that WBGO didn't put a bigger, better inverter in those RVs. Our Magnum inverters have built in transfer switches and can be left on all the time except when in storage. Shore power or generator just passes through if it's available. If something drops out the inverter picks up where the shore power left off for everything but the AC units.
Old 05-21-2020, 02:19 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

I made that change to my signature. Let's see if it appears now.

Tags
inverter