Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-22-2016, 08:08 AM   #21
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by birddog2you View Post
I would have walked away. Way better units out there. It cost him every day it sits there. What "game" is he playing?
I agree. The dealer is trying to play a game that he doesn't want you to play. He knows darn well that NADA values already include standard features and that ONLY additional options should be added. He's just PO'd that you know that as well. While $30K OTD is probably low, it really depends on what the dealer actually has in it. Trade in or consignment?

NADA put my recently purchased RV at $38K average, $31.5K low. Looking around, the same model was easily going for $35K-$40K, so in my case anyway, NADA was pretty accurate. However, my unit was a consignment and the owner was motivated to sell. So even though it was extremely clean and included new tires, new batteries, new awning & slide toppers, new genset carb, dealer started at $31K, and I was able to negotiate to $27.5 ($30K OTD). After all was said & done, the dealer still made a decent profit ($3K even after all of the new parts), while the owner made about $17.5K.

So again, it all depends on what the dealer has into the unit.
Old 11-22-2016, 02:47 PM   #22
Winnebago Camper

Since it has been over a month I am curious how this story has ended. We just purchased our Sightseer 30B for $35K. Now that does not include taxes or registration. I'll get a break on the taxes because we sold one and we get to apply that against the purchase price of the newer one.

Our unit is relatively similar to yours but has just one slide but is 2 years newer. My only opinion is keep looking unless you made a deal on that one already. There are a fair amount of 30' units out there that are in the price range you are hunting for.

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2016, 11:56 PM   #23
Winnebago Camper

Smile The Sunova Saga finally ends...

Hello everyone and Happy Belated Thanksgiving!!!

So, me and the dealership went back and forth over the asking price for the 06 sunova.
In the end the dealership was 10k under the rest of the nation,and even had the 2nd lowest miles.
We finally agreed with a Out The Door Cost of 42,500.00 which puts it at 38,000.00 (before taxes and stuff) I got them to throw in some new front tires, and new slide out toppers and new engine battery and new front windshield privacy curtains and new sun visors and new wipers and new outdoor shower and last but not least a 1 year "coach" only warrantee!!!

we just came back from our maiden voyage up to Cambria Ca in it. The only thing that they/I missed was checking all the ball joints for grease. (it had a hideous squeak when we arrived) but after a quick stop at NAPA for a mini grease gun, and a fresh refill of grease no more squeak!!!

Its really quite a pleasant little RV. Ive got to get used to the slight height increase and having a slide side right behind my seat. but all in all very happy with the purchase.

Thank you all who walked this journey with us. your comments and ideas were most helpful!!!!

I will post a new updated picture of the rig when I transfer pics from my phone
ccit1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2016, 06:13 AM   #24
Winnebago Camper

Congratulations ! Sounds like a pretty good deal. Of course any deal is a good deal as long as you are happy, but with all they tossed in it sounds quite fair to me.

While the saga may have come to an end, the fun begins !

LSC9901 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:37 AM   #25
Winnebago Camper

Congradulations! Happy travels.
Dave11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2018, 07:21 PM   #26
Winnebago Owner

ccit1999...any response to your offer? I can tell you I purchased a 2008 29R in 2015 from a private party in Sacramento. It had 18K. Seller asked $52; paid $47. It had been pampered. We previously owned a '93 Brave 27RQ and clocked nearly 60K miles over 22 years and loved the build quality. As far as your purchase, be comfortable knowing you have a 2006 (first year for the 3-valve V-10). i like the suggestion to check the sway bar bushings (you may also want to consider adding other suspension like SumoSprings and rear track bar, beafier 1-3/4" sway bars, or look into the CHF). Radiator, hoses, fan belts, tires, batteries and brakes should be checked by qualified tech if you do not feel comfortable with such things. It's worth a couple hundred dollars for a qualified report. Pay careful attention to caulking seal between the roof, side rails, front & rear cap. Look carefully under kitchen and bath sinks for evidence of water line or drain leaks. Be sure the black tank is free from the deadly 'black pyramid'...a lesson I learned about...common for coaches that are not used often or not properly drained/flushed. Build quality was usually very good during that period...WGO had not yet been impacted with the 2008 recession...materials and be build quality were good. If the trans (with filter), radiator and brake systems need flushing, consider doing that real soon! There's a lot to consider when buying a pre-owned coach, sounds like you are on the right path with the advice given here. Would I buy ours again? Yes, in a second. In fact, we are full-timing at present. We've added solar, modified storage, added 5-star Tune, Banks and replaced suspension (by choice to improve handling). We find the fresh water and holding tanks to be good for 5-7 days dry camping...with showers! And, the size is just great for state parks and maneuvering in retail parking lots with a CR-V toad. Good luck!
Old 10-31-2018, 08:57 PM   #27
Winnebago Camper

Picture Posting Guide
charge-it is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2018, 07:49 AM   #28
Winnebago Owner

Good for you! Enjoy. Remember, if you did not raise the front wheels when you lubed, you should. if full weight is on the ball joints when lubed, they won't get the grease they need.

Tags
itasca