Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-18-2021, 11:12 AM   #1
Winnebago Master

external grill hookup?

There is a propane hose inside one of my curb side compartments which I assume is a hookup for a gas appliance like a grill. It has a quick connect on it and a tight fitting rubber cover that fits over the disconnect to keep dirt out. The compartment is right where you would set up your patio and also contains a TV hookup. (The part of the compartment that contains the propane hose is open to the outside air). I told the guy at the RV shop about it but he said it is not for a grill, it is to hook up to a propane supply similar to an extend-a-stay, however he did not actually look at it. Seems if that were the case it would have a threaded flare type fitting instead of a QD? I have looked through my manuals and didn't see it but there are a few inches thick of material to read there so I probably missed it and will look again, meanwhile posting pics for advice.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	connect1.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	169.9 KB
ID:	178951   Click image for larger version

Name:	connect2.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	293.0 KB
ID:	178952  

Name:	connect3.jpg
Views:	71
Size:	320.0 KB
ID:	178953  
Old 05-18-2021, 11:26 AM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Brian,
If the QD hose leads and is connected to the regulator on your propane tank, it will supply the same lp reduced pressure that is being fed inside your coach to the range, furnace and refrigerator. The reduced pressure should be sufficient to feed most grills and griddles. However if your grill/griddle has its own permanently attached regulator the QD hose may not work with it.
Old 05-18-2021, 12:06 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

That sure looks like a quick connect for an external gas appliance. Never saw a quick connect for a extend-a-stay setup. They are high pressure, and would be as you suggest - a flare fitting.
Old 05-22-2021, 10:36 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

Propane Quick connect

It sure looks like a quick connect fitting for a gas appliance like a grill. It also has the shutoff valve right there. It should be low pressure coming from the outlet of your onboard regulator. To check it you need a low pressure gauge because it should be about 11 inches Water Column, or less than 1/2psi. I have mine coming out the back of the Sunstar. I use it with my Weber and I had to remove the regulator from the grill before using it. Also, be sure to get propane gas fittings. Although they look like a 1/4" quick connect similar to an air compressor, the ones used for propane are a different size (leaned that by experience). Good luck.
edju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 05:33 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

Our 2021 View 24D has a similar gas quick connect - it provides low pressure LP gas.

We purchased an Solaire Everywhere infrared grill. When we connected it to the quick connect, we couldn't get enough pressure to keep the grill lit. We ordered their low pressure conversion kit - and now the grill works with our View's propane tank.
rprochnow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 07:03 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

I crawled underneath to have a look and it does indeed come from the low pressure side of the regulator.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:10 PM   #7
blubugger

I have the same quick connect fitting on our Micro 2106ds (midships) and to use our Smoke Hollow grill we swapped the stock regulator with a Camco Control Valve with Quick Connect fitting on a 12' extension hose. This works very well. The low pressure gas supply controlled by the valve.
Blubugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 07:16 PM   #8
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blubugger View Post
I have the same quick connect fitting on our Micro 2106ds (midships) and to use our Smoke Hollow grill we swapped the stock regulator with a Camco Control Valve with Quick Connect fitting on a 12' extension hose. This works very well. The low pressure gas supply controlled by the valve.
I plan on buying the Blackstone grill and will have to figure out what to use. I can easily stop at the local "gas man" store and have them hook me up.
Old 05-30-2021, 07:31 PM   #9
blubugger

If those grills work off the Coleman 1# cans, they will have a regulator to reduce the can high pressure. The easiest might be to get an extension hose that connects to the grill's Coleman fitting and the gas fitting atop the 20# propane tank. No modifications required.
Blubugger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2021, 10:15 PM   #10
Winnebago Camper

Quick couple

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
There is a propane hose inside one of my curb side compartments which I assume is a hookup for a gas appliance like a grill. It has a quick connect on it and a tight fitting rubber cover that fits over the disconnect to keep dirt out. The compartment is right where you would set up your patio and also contains a TV hookup. (The part of the compartment that contains the propane hose is open to the outside air). I told the guy at the RV shop about it but he said it is not for a grill, it is to hook up to a propane supply similar to an extend-a-stay, however he did not actually look at it. Seems if that were the case it would have a threaded flare type fitting instead of a QD? I have looked through my manuals and didn't see it but there are a few inches thick of material to read there so I probably missed it and will look again, meanwhile posting pics for advice.
Look like the LP tap on my Minnie Winnie used to connect a grill.
68silverlane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2021, 05:30 AM   #11
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigb View Post
I plan on buying the Blackstone grill and will have to figure out what to use. I can easily stop at the local "gas man" store and have them hook me up.
Here’s the hose to connect Blackstone to QD:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07X7VBJ3B...ing=UTF8&psc=1

We also got a QD splitter so we could run our generator off the same port without disconnecting the Blackstone.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	01D85BD4-5969-4D86-8D6D-DD279AC36ACE.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	422.0 KB
ID:	179181