Apparently, many units in the factory did not get sufficient surface prep before getting the metal parts epoxied to the engine and generator access panels.
My metal brackets and such for the generator panel started coming loose after two years. In the third year, I took them off, surface prepped properly, and re-epoxied them into place. All still good.
The rear engine access panel started coming loose in the 5th year. Again, I removed them, did the proper surface prep, and because of the large areas to glue I used the strongest construction adhesive I could find. Because it took three days to cure, I used some spots of JB Weld, to hold the whole thing together while the main adhesive cured.
So far, so good after another 5 years, but with these big boxes that shake rattle and roll when driving down the road, you have to be vigilant.
2010 Journey 39n - 2017 Jeep Cherokee Trailhawk - in our 11th year living aboard, just arrived in Texas for the winter season, waiting for the virus to pass by!