Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-30-2015, 03:51 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

For those with the hella lights look at rally lights .com they are hella dealer and really helped me with my jeep
fla tom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 06:55 AM   #22
On Tour

Send a message via Yahoo to wogelsby
Important to consider as well is the simple physics. Our automobile driving experience puts us directly behind the headlights. Large vehicles raise us up so our view angle is disadvantaged and they do not appear as bright from the slanted angle.

It may not be accurate to assume the headlights are inferior or not working properly.

That is NOT to say they couldn't, or shouldn't be improved, if reasonably possible.
wogelsby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 04:08 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Bumps
Have you been out at night with the new lights? What did you think?
Old 06-27-2015, 07:53 AM   #24
Winnebago Owner

tnteacherguy: Yes, we have been out a couple times in full darkness.

The headlight upgrade: They are not as bright as I thought they would be (they look brighter during the daylight, for some reason). HOWEVER, the light is much whiter -- looks more like daylight. I am pleased with the upgrade because I can see more and clearer, though only a little farther than I could before, it appears to me.

The driving light upgrade: These LED lights are lower to the ground and illuminate the road farther than the headlight LED upgrade. These are bright white, also. The combination of the two lighting upgrades gives me exactly what I want.

\ken

PS. I also added LED lights to my Wrangler with same "daylight" effect." I learned by the lights on the Wrangler how ineffective LED headlights are at melting away snow/ice that accumulates on the front of the vehicle in winter driving conditions. Since all of the heat generated by an LED headlight comes out the backside of the LED fixture, I need to pull over every-now-and-then to manually brush the snow/ice from the Jeep headlights. Mebbe not a concern for a MH, however.
Bumps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 08:04 AM   #25
Winnebago Owner

Here is a picture of the driving and fog light install I did; before and after. These lights are from Rigid Industries. Is also a very easy upgrade. \ken
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BeforeFogLightc.jpg
Views:	194
Size:	23.9 KB
ID:	98467   Click image for larger version

Name:	AfterFogLightYellowLensc.jpg
Views:	149
Size:	22.4 KB
ID:	98469  

Old 06-27-2015, 09:54 AM   #26
Winnebago Owner

Send a message via Skype™ to tnteacherguy
Thanks Bumps.
Not sure that you've sold me on moving this project up on my list.
I guess I'll continue to drive primarily during the day and work on other things.

Today, I'm replacing the catches on my drawers. I'm tired off ill fitting drawers that open occasionally while driving.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:11 AM   #27
Winnebago Owner

Have you had DW place the towed in front of your coach (as in stopping for a red light behind traffic) and is/was she blinded by the light? Or was everything okay?
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #28
Winnebago Owner

BUMPS: I asked a fair question, so what's the answer?? Blinding or not??
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2015, 08:14 PM   #29
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Have you had DW place the towed in front of your coach (as in stopping for a red light behind traffic) and is/was she blinded by the light? Or was everything okay?
That's a good idea. Will give it try when I get back to the MH. We have been in marathon mode the last couple of weeks trying to get the S&B emptied by the 20th. I feel like the guy spinning all of those plates on the Ed Sullivan "shoe." Prepping to go FT is not for wimps. Ugh!

\ken

Tags
light, lights