Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 04:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Dyslexic assembly line worker at Winnebago - Question for 2015/16 Journey owners

We are into our first week of camping in our new 2016 40R Journey. I'll post a full review of the unit in a few weeks. But I had to post this crazy story as it has had me scratching my head until the light bulbs came on.

We are parked in a full hookup campground. I noticed that my gray tank was showing full. I opened the gray valve after doing a load of wash. The indicator didn't go down. What? The sensor couldn't already be failing could it?

So, I drained both tanks. The gray sensor shows empty. Very curious. I ran the shower for about 15 minutes until the gray indicator showed 1/3 full. I went out and pulled the gray valve. Nothing! Then I pulled the black and whoosh. To double check the problem, I put a brick on the stool pedal and let it run until the black tank showed 1/3. Went out and pulled the gray valve and whoosh goes the water. Then I get a sick feeling in the pit of the stomach and wonder which tank the sewer flush was installed in. I connect it up and run it for a minute or so. I cross my fingers and pull the gray valve which is now the black valve and here comes the beautiful sound of water.

It seems that somebody got their left and right reversed at the Winnebago factory. Now, the question is did someone reverse the labels or did they reverse the connections on the tank?

Would somebody with a 2015-16 Journey please look in the wet bay and tell which side the black valve is on.

Problem solved with a black marker. But I'm going to call the dealer and ask for a new set of stickers!
Old 12-13-2015, 05:43 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

Well, I answered my own question. Found a dealer video walk through of a Journey 40R. It seems like the person putting on the stickers is the dyslexic one! Guess that is not one of higher paying assembly line jobs.
Old 12-13-2015, 09:48 PM   #3
Winnie-Wise

My coach has a black handle on the black tank drain valve and a grey handle on the grey tank drain valve. The labels are correct. Suggest you see if your handles are also color coded.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:11 AM   #4
Winnie-Wise

Unhappy

Dyslexia is a serious medical problem your topic title choice is unthinking and insensitive.
Old 12-14-2015, 06:46 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Dyslexia is a serious medical problem your topic title choice is unthinking and insensitive.
Chill dude. I have mild dyslexia. So, I think I'm qualified to make fun of myself.
Old 12-14-2015, 07:09 AM   #6
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVThunder View Post
Chill dude. I have mild dyslexia. So, I think I'm qualified to make fun of myself.
Well then, in the spirit of making fun, how do you know the "problem" isn't YOU?
Old 12-14-2015, 10:34 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Sure you have it but I still say you are wrong - my wife and daughter in law are both special needs teachers and they do not find you funny
Old 12-14-2015, 12:58 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Well, if you are thinking clearly now, the least you could do is ask the administrator to take down is SHOUTING, SLANDEROUS THREAD!!!!

People interested in purchasing a new Winnebago could be influenced by this thread, reading the "headline" and not the facts that followed.

I know another warning is coming my way.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:10 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

It is amazing how some people get their feelings hurt so easily. Perhaps the OP should have said something like Stupid Assembly Line Worker, probably more appropriate for some. Either way, the same worker has done several of these installations and mine was one of them. Even my handles are on the wrong tank, gray on black tank and vise versa. I figured this out the first time I dumped and thought how clean my black tank ingredients were.
Old 12-14-2015, 01:43 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
We are into our first week of camping in our new 2016 40R Journey. I'll post a full review of the unit in a few weeks. But I had to post this crazy story as it has had me scratching my head until the light bulbs came on.

We are parked in a full hookup campground. I noticed that my gray tank was showing full. I opened the gray valve after doing a load of wash. The indicator didn't go down. What? The sensor couldn't already be failing could it?

So, I drained both tanks. The gray sensor shows empty. Very curious. I ran the shower for about 15 minutes until the gray indicator showed 1/3 full. I went out and pulled the gray valve. Nothing! Then I pulled the black and whoosh. To double check the problem, I put a brick on the stool pedal and let it run until the black tank showed 1/3. Went out and pulled the gray valve and whoosh goes the water. Then I get a sick feeling in the pit of the stomach and wonder which tank the sewer flush was installed in. I connect it up and run it for a minute or so. I cross my fingers and pull the gray valve which is now the black valve and here comes the beautiful sound of water.

It seems that somebody got their left and right reversed at the Winnebago factory. Now, the question is did someone reverse the labels or did they reverse the connections on the tank?

Would somebody with a 2015-16 Journey please look in the wet bay and tell which side the black valve is on.

Problem solved with a black marker. But I'm going to call the dealer and ask for a new set of stickers!
Winnebago is famous for mislabeling or cross wiring things. Everyone I have purchased has had something switched.
Old 12-14-2015, 04:21 PM   #11
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by two-niner View Post
Well, if you are thinking clearly now, the least you could do is ask the administrator to take down is SHOUTING, SLANDEROUS THREAD!!!! ........
If you feel really strongly about this, you can use the triangle that is beside every post to report your concern to the mods. IF they agree with you, they will take action.
As for me, I think some here are taking this "offensive" business a little too far. IMO, iRV2.com is about the least offensive place on the internet, and I doubt the OP meant any harm. My grandkids are being taught that the word "stupid" is worse than all the cuss words they hear on TV. I think it is an perfectly appropriate adjective for a lot of people and or their behavior.
Old 12-14-2015, 05:01 PM   #12
Winnebago Watcher

Oh well we all have to be so politically correct I'm afraid to say anything.
MERRY CHRISTMAS everyone
Old 12-14-2015, 05:05 PM   #13
Winnie-Wise

It's time to move on.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
Closed Thread

Tags
journey, winnebago