Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 04-01-2021, 07:44 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Dumb question - 2017 Adventurer 38Q

We just picked up our new, to us, 2017 Adventurer 38Q.
Can anyone tell me how to get the rear tv to swing out? I’ve looked everywhere I can think of, with no luck.
Also I’ve heard that we should not keep the motorhome plugged in while in storage. What do you all do with yours while in storage. Before putting it in storage for the first time today I turned off the inverter inside and in the outdoor compartment, turned off the coach and chassis batteries. And plugged it in.
Thanks in advance.
sherf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2021, 07:54 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I'm not familiar with the newer coaches, but on the tv mount I just installed there is a travel lock that releases with a small lanyard that hangs down from the mount.
Greatscot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2021, 03:45 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

As for plugged in, I have always kept my units plugged in 365 24/7 if possible. Why plug it in and turn stuff off that make no sense to me, plug it in and forget about it. You will however have to check the batteries to keep the water level up as they will keep charging.

If you have electric at your storage facility, keep plugged in and things up and running. You can even keep the frig on if you feel the need.

Can not help on the TV as there are many different brackets. I will say that some where on the bracket is some sort of latch. Finding it is another matter.

Good Luck safe travels
be happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 06:19 PM   #4
JBP
Winnie-Wise

I keep our pluged in when in storage. I run gen every 30 days for and hour and check batteries at that time.
JBP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:41 PM   #5
Site Team

Neither are dumb questions.

I have a 2017 Adventurer like yours but it’s a different floor plan. Mines a 37F. I think they are similar in a lot of ways. If I’m wrong about your bedroom TV I apologize but here’s what I think you’ll find.

I don’t believe the bedroom TV does swing out. It may look like it does but it’s firmly mounted to a large metal panel behind it. There is even space behind the panel that you cannot get to. Like 24” wide and 18” deep just empty space.

To remove the TV you need to unbolt the steel mounting panel. There should be a space under your TV. It’s to accommodate a SAT receiver I think, at least that’s what it looks like. Look in there and you should see some bolts sticking down from above. If you undo the bolts you can remove the metal panel with the TV bolted to it.

I did this, then unbolted the TV and mounted a VESA TV mount to the metal panel and the back of the TV and hung the TV on the VESA mount. Then I reinstalled the metal panel. I still can’t get to the space behind the TV but I can easily remove the TV now if need be.

My initial plan was to hinge the metal panel on the side so I could swing it open and use the wasted space, but I never completed the project.

I don’t store mine plugged in, but I think everything you said you did was was correct except for turning off the rotary cutoff in the basement compartment. If yours is like mine the inverter is in that compartment upside down hanging from the ceiling. That cutoff disconnects the inverter from the batteries and since your inverter is also your battery charger you should leave that on.

The only time you turn off the rotary cutoff in the inverter compartment is when you need to disconnect the batteries from the coach. It’s important and should be in your Operators Manual. You need to rotate the knob to off before you disconnect your main house battery cables.

I sure hope that this info is correct for your model. Forgive me if your Adventurer is more different than I think.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:47 PM   #6
Site Team

Also, your batteries should be NAPA Commercial AGMs and they are not the kind you add water to. If you have an RV fridge you should have two but if you have a residential fridge you would have 4.

Under the middle stair you should have a single starting chassis battery. It is an FLA battery and does need checked for water every month or so.

Tags
vent, adventurer