Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-03-2019, 01:14 PM   #1
Winnebago Owner

Driveway Steepness

I do not know if this the right place to post this. If not please move to the correct area. I have a 2018 Intent 30R. My drive way is kind of steep. The drivers rear corner is my low spot. I have bought the Ultra-Fab skid wheels and placed them on the tow hitch. Most of the time the drivers side wheel is the only one being used. Along with the wheels and a couple of 2x12 I can get up and down the drive way about 2 times before the casting (center portion) of the skid wheels break. Do any of you have suggestions on how else I can help alleviate this problem?

Thanks in advance,

Scott
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2019, 02:31 PM   #2
Site Team

Can you back up your driveway? The front end shouldn't have problems because the overhang is so much less.

I back up my driveway and that way I can level using the jacks without lifting rear wheels. I don't mind the jacks lifting the front but never the back.
Old 09-04-2019, 12:24 AM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by creativepart View Post
Can you back up your driveway? The front end shouldn't have problems because the overhang is so much less.

I back up my driveway and that way I can level using the jacks without lifting rear wheels. I don't mind the jacks lifting the front but never the back.
I cannot back the RV in due to my tight space, I would not be able to open the door enough to get in or out.
SCCAFIRE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2019, 04:22 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via Yahoo to GreatWhite Send a message via Skype™ to GreatWhite
I had that problem in my last house. I had to build a small "bridge out of 2x's and plywood.. problem solved.. They were portable.. but a pain to have to do it every time I had to leave or return.. BUT, it worked. I have never liked the wheels you speak of as it really torques the house frame.
Old 09-08-2019, 07:19 PM   #5
2015 Itasca Spirit 27QP

Some driveways, like mine, are not cut out for RVs. Even some cars drag their tails trying to ascend my driveway. Fortunately I can park in the street in front of my house. If I'm parked for a while I'll run a long 20 amp extension out to the coach.

Solution: Stay on the road or move to a less hilly location.
JoeC is offline   Reply With Quote