Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-10-2019, 02:54 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Draining fresh water tank

I want to sanitize our 2017 Vista 27N LX and am having trouble draining the fresh water tank that was about half full. I opened the valve in the drivers side compartment behind the rear axle and water started coming out at a pretty good rate. But before long it slowed to a trickle and has pretty much stopped.
I opened the bathroom sink faucets and that didn't help. The owners manual is no help at all.
What am I missing?
TangoCharly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:57 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

Are your gauges accurate?
Do you have a gravity fill port that can be opened?
Do you have low point drains that can be opened?
Can you turn on the pump and run the outdoor shower?
WinnieView is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 03:08 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I am eyeballing the tank to determine the water level, I generally don't trust the gauges. The gravity fill port is open, not sure about low point drains but I don't think so. I thought about running the outoor shower but was hoping to get this figured out without doing that.
Old 02-10-2019, 03:46 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Well I think I answered my own question. I didn't have coached leveled so I decided to try that. I seems to have worked but but it doesn't look like the tank drains all the way. I may have to resort to using the outdoor shower to get it all the way drained.
Old 02-17-2019, 04:26 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

I had the same issue so I just turn on the sinks and run them until the tank is empty. Takes a bit ‘o time and then you have to dump the grey tank, but it works.
jcurtisis is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water, tank, water