Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Doghouse removal on a W. Sightseer

I'm writing for a buddy who doesn't have a computer. (unbelievable in these times, I know) but he's got a 2006 Sightseer SE and would like to know how to remove the doghouse for inspections. We're pretty mechanical and have gone over the DH top and bottom, find NO fasteners and we're baffled. Almost like it's molded in there!! Can anyone give us a hint?
Old 05-05-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

There is a hex/allen wrench opening aft on the house in the center..facing the rear of the coach. Then there should be 2 screws on each side (driver and passenger). I say should because they were on our 35U but I'm not feeling them right now on our 35J. Undo the hex/allen and you should be able to take it from there. The hex isn't easy to find...close to the floor and in the center. Just feel for it.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:01 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

i want to add to BELGIQUE'S post that the allen wrench is approximately 5/16" (it may be metric). this wrench was located in the wood box on top of my doghouse. if not there, it may be in your big black satchel. the wrench is approximately 3" by 4".
the socket that the wrench fits in is 3" from the aft end of the doghouse in the center and was covered with carpet. i had to locate the socket with a screwdriver and make a hole in the carpet. the latch is unlocked by turning the wrench approximately 3/4 turn counter-clockwise. my moho had 2 attachment screws in the front lip, one on each side about 2"-3" from the floor. imoh it is not necessary to reinstall these screws. the latching mechanism pulls the doghouse tight to the front bulkhead without using the screws.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 11:52 AM   #4
Winnebago Watcher

OP here....Thanks for the responses. He's bringing his W MH over Wednesday and we'll look for it. I'm guessing the allen wrench goes in the vertical part of the rear of the doghouse not the top of it, correct?
Old 05-10-2009, 12:42 PM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by expo View Post
OP here....Thanks for the responses. He's bringing his W MH over Wednesday and we'll look for it. I'm guessing the allen wrench goes in the vertical part of the rear of the doghouse not the top of it, correct?
Correct. On mine it is about 2 inches off the floor and slightly off center toward the passenger side. Just feel around the carpet in that area and you'll get it. As mentioned before the factory often puts a screw on both sides up at the front. If the dog house lifts from the end but doesn't come free, check for those screws by feeling in the carpet up in front. I put the screws back but many others have said they don't think they are needed.
Indy Itasca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2009, 01:21 PM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

YO! Thanks
Old 05-10-2009, 03:16 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by expo View Post
on my moho, the allen wrench socket is in the center of the top (horizontal) part of the doghouse 3 inches from the aft edge.
when the latch is loose, the doghouse lifts up from the aft edge and pulls aft easily if there are no screws installed in the front lip.
01 WINNEBAGO 35U W20.8.1L SW Wa, Hi. Good Sam, SKP. AMSOIL fluids. BANKS ecm program. SCAN GAUGE II w/ Ally temp. 2 LIFELINE GPL-6CT AGM Batts on their sides. TST tptts. K&N panel air filter. AERO mufflers. TAYLOR plug wires. ULTRA POWER track bar. KONI fsd shocks, toad '14 smart car
DAN L is offline   Reply With Quote