Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 11-14-2020, 04:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Does Sunstar/Vista 2021 have outside shower?

Does Sunstar/Vista 2021 31B have outside shower? or fresh water outlet for cleaning things? thanks.
beautifulday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2020, 05:49 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

For info on most of the Winnebago motorized lineup, this is likely to be the best and certainly is great for the later models as it lets us turn the Rv almost every direction to look for parts we may not know about:
https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 02:07 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

We have a 2019 Sunstar 31BE. An outside shower was not an option. As far as I know it was deleted for lack of interest and cost savings some time ago and will not likely return to new more value oriented models.

It is possible to add an aftermarket "outdoor shower" valve, hose and hand held shower head to the roomy wet bay. Parts and labor at your local RV center will run almost $500.

We really miss the outdoor shower we had on our 1999 Brave 35C. I asked the dealer if it was possible to add one and they gave me that price info verbally on our last service visit.

We will likely have one installed before the next beach trip in spring. Makes rinsing the grand kids sandy feet much easier, saves on the grey tank storage and helps keep sand out of the coach.
Nickd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2020, 02:57 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nickd View Post
We have a 2019 Sunstar 31BE. An outside shower was not an option. As far as I know it was deleted for lack of interest and cost savings some time ago and will not likely return to new more value oriented models.

It is possible to add an aftermarket "outdoor shower" valve, hose and hand held shower head to the roomy wet bay. Parts and labor at your local RV center will run almost $500.

We really miss the outdoor shower we had on our 1999 Brave 35C. I asked the dealer if it was possible to add one and they gave me that price info verbally on our last service visit.

We will likely have one installed before the next beach trip in spring. Makes rinsing the grand kids sandy feet much easier, saves on the grey tank storage and helps keep sand out of the coach.
I might pop in with a suggestion and then leave it to you to decide how it might/might not fit you? The new parts catalog lets us look really close at what is behind the walls, etc. on the newer rV and it can work out great if you have the right PC to use it.
In doing that, I can imagine a way a hardy DIY person could add a shower and valveout in the wet bay reasonably easy with a bit of drilling the metal of the wet bay "wall" where all the valves, etc are located!
It looks like mounting a faucet of choice on that metal wall would be the hard part but the hot and cold water lines are tubing which might not be hard to add a tee to go to the faucet.
If you look from the front, there appears to be plenty of space, and turning the RV up so we can look behind that panel, the hot and cold water lines are right there. A tee in each line and short tube to the back of a faucet? If not wanting hot water, maybe just one tee to feed a valve and tubing for flushing feet?
Just a suggestion as I can certainly talk you into lots of work if you let it happen!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	faucet.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	29.5 KB
ID:	175855   Click image for larger version

Name:	tee.jpg
Views:	67
Size:	36.0 KB
ID:	175856  

Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2020, 06:45 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

We bought a Y connector with built in valves along with a collapsable hose to solve the problem. Of course, this won't help when boondocking but better than nothing.
blueridge-fl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2020, 06:27 PM   #6
Winnebago Owner

2021 vista 29v

There is hot and cold water to the outside kitchen sink but no shower from the water bay that i can see.
PJTroyer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shower