Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2005, 10:03 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

I just got a new 2005 34' Sightseer and looking to hear from others of what they think of the rig. I have had my rig from 1/10/05 and have driven it only 1300mi, soon after I got it to Ct from Fl it went into the shop (1/25/05) for some repairs and I have not seen it since. Too date they have had it 30 days and I have all the paper work filled out for the Fl Lemon Law; they only have 30 more days at this time to fix anything that goes wrong with the drivability in the next 2 years.
From the start the left windshield wiper broke away from the nose and the levelers were leaking (drivability).
The other things were:
1: Cruise Control stopped working after 2mi out.
2: Kitchen slide stopped working (binding).
3: living room slide ripped up a heat duct.
4: A screw in the front of the doghouse went into a hose.
5: Grey water gauge stopped working.
6: Shower door leaked water on the floor (around 3/4gal in 1 shower)
The dealer called the other day and told me that they will need to replace the kitchen floor as it ripped when they tried to fix the kitchen slide, the levelers are on order and he "thinks" the fiberglass repair for the windshield wiper is done and it needs to be sent out for paint and jell-coat. They fixed the heat duct, patched the hose & moved the screw, fixed the gauge and I will need to take it to Ford for the Cruise Control.
Do not get me wrong I like the layout having the 3 slides, as far as I can tell it is great on the road and the wife likes the colors inside, but if I do not get to use it this summer they can have it back!
Old 02-26-2005, 10:03 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

I just got a new 2005 34' Sightseer and looking to hear from others of what they think of the rig. I have had my rig from 1/10/05 and have driven it only 1300mi, soon after I got it to Ct from Fl it went into the shop (1/25/05) for some repairs and I have not seen it since. Too date they have had it 30 days and I have all the paper work filled out for the Fl Lemon Law; they only have 30 more days at this time to fix anything that goes wrong with the drivability in the next 2 years.
From the start the left windshield wiper broke away from the nose and the levelers were leaking (drivability).
The other things were:
1: Cruise Control stopped working after 2mi out.
2: Kitchen slide stopped working (binding).
3: living room slide ripped up a heat duct.
4: A screw in the front of the doghouse went into a hose.
5: Grey water gauge stopped working.
6: Shower door leaked water on the floor (around 3/4gal in 1 shower)
The dealer called the other day and told me that they will need to replace the kitchen floor as it ripped when they tried to fix the kitchen slide, the levelers are on order and he "thinks" the fiberglass repair for the windshield wiper is done and it needs to be sent out for paint and jell-coat. They fixed the heat duct, patched the hose & moved the screw, fixed the gauge and I will need to take it to Ford for the Cruise Control.
Do not get me wrong I like the layout having the 3 slides, as far as I can tell it is great on the road and the wife likes the colors inside, but if I do not get to use it this summer they can have it back!
Old 02-27-2005, 02:44 AM   #3
Winnebago Master

Dave,

Sorry you are having all of the problems. It appears that your dealer is actively trying to solve your problems. A motorhome is a very complex assembly of many parts from many vendors. Think positive as long as your dealer is trying to get your coach squared away.

Under the Florida lemon law, only the chassis is covered. Any problems relating to the "house" or living area part of the RV is excluded. It seems you are aware of that proviso.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 04:59 AM   #4
Winnebago Owner

I don't know that MHs are that complex, & it seems that 6 out of 8 of your problems are do to Winnebago Industries sloppy assembly & or design.
Fred B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 09:16 AM   #5
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Just a thought Dave, but the coach is not in FL, will you be able to use the FL law if the unit it not being repaired and housed in FL? Is the coach registered in FL?

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 03:12 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

The FL attorney general told me it was bought in FL so that is the state laws I have to go with. No, the RV does not need to be registered in FL.
Yes, it is registered in FL as I also have an FL address.
I truly feel that things will be fixed in an appropriate manner, the shop it is at is a good one; as far as all the little things, they can happen with any RV, there are so many components. It is just nice to be able to vent and get others opinion as it will do no good to vent at the repair shop or with Winnebago at this time; they need time to get parts and fix it.
For that I thank you all!
Old 02-27-2005, 03:58 PM   #7
Winnebago Master

Dave F, Let me be the first to Welcome you to irv2 Its tough to have to go thru this, but the dealer is really up front with you an keeping you informed about the progress on the repairs. Ford will also treat you straight,good service centers. I have had three Ford chassis. If you look thru some of the posts on this site, some people would wish they had a dealer like yours. You will also find out, people on this site will be very helpful for problems that may arise in the future. "SPRINGS COMING" you will be enjoying the MH before you know it. ENJOY ---"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2005, 07:59 PM   #8
Winnebago Camper

Dave,Is the dealer fixing your rig the same as the one you bought it from? If not ,this could be a big part of your problem
Old 02-28-2005, 07:41 AM   #9
Winnebago Camper

"Is the dealer fixing your rig the same as the one you bought it from? If not ,this could be a big part of your problem"

No, it is not the same dealer I bought from. The dealer it is at in my opinion is 100% better than the one I bought from; the reason I bought in FL is Taxes and Lemon Law.
It is not the time that gets me (with all the snow and cold the RV would not be going out allot) it is the number of things that are not correct. As far as the time it takes that is ok with me, as they rack up time on drivability issues that is less time they will have to fix anything that goes wrong when I am on the road; they have 60 days total and at this time they only have 25 to go. I am also thinking that I may have some barging power if it does hit 60 days, as in extended warrantee, free road service, or something like that as then I will have the power on whether I want to trade or refund. After all, how much will they lose if they get the RV back and have to resell it as a buy back? You know something; if it gets fixed and nothing else goes wrong I am fine with that, as I stated before "I like the layout having the 3 slides, as far as I can tell it is great on the road and the wife likes the colors inside"
Old 03-01-2005, 06:32 AM   #10
Winnebago Camper

I've had a 2004 Sightseer 30B for almost a year and 6500 miles. Love it. Never went back to the dealer and only to Workhorse once for "loose electrical connections at the starter". Good luck.
Art D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2005, 02:12 PM   #11
Winnebago Camper

Update: I got the Sightseer back today. After 51 days, would you not think they repaired everything? After checking the levelers there was a BIG puddle of fluid on the ground, the dash warning light for the levelers does not work and the new linoleum they put in is buckling. On day 45 I sent the FL Lemon Law paperwork out and I soon got a call from Winnebago, then I got a call from the dealer that I can pick it up in 2 days. It is funny how things will go a little faster when the correct people get involved. They did fix the leak in no time (needed bleeding), the light needs a new control board and I did not notice the linoleum until I got home, I hope it flattens in time as otherwise they did a great job.
Old 03-18-2005, 02:55 PM   #12
Winnebago Master

Dave, glad your almost satisfied, an this dealer has helped you out. The bubble in your linoleum floor you maybe able to flatten out by putting a pin prick at top of bubble an rolling it out with your wifes rolling pin or use a board with a weight on top ,cement block, just make sure no glue sticks to bottom of the board. If your lucky the glue hasn't set.--"007"
RV SYSTEMS & APPLIANCES & RECALLS --- TECH INFORMATION
"007" is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2005, 05:09 PM   #13
Winnebago Camper

Dave--If the dealer you bought it from is 100% worse than the dealer fixing your rig,how do you know this since you never gave him a chance to fix the problems?
Old 03-21-2005, 08:44 AM   #14
Winnebago Camper

Don K: I know that the dealer I got my RV from Did not fix the shower, they repaired the gravity water fill and they used silicone and stripped the screw holes, after I got to Ct I fixed it with fiberglass and 3M4200; I do not know anyone in there right mind that uses silicone on fiberglass. They are the ones that fastened the TV that started falling out 50 miles into my trip. They also tried to fix a leak in the shower faucet that was cracked with silicone and it needed to be replaced. I would go on but the tips of my fingers are all cracked and it hurts typing.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:22 PM   #15
Winnebago Camper

Why didn't you say that in your first post? We are not mind readers.Sounds to me like you are trying to get rid of the unit at any cost.
Old 03-21-2005, 03:54 PM   #16
Winnebago Camper

Don K: As I sad before "if it gets fixed and nothing else goes wrong I am fine with that, as I stated before "I like the layout having the 3 slides, as far as I can tell it is great on the road and the wife likes the colors inside""
I am not as you say "trying to get rid of the unit at any cost" I just want what I paid for. Now if you are the type to settle for less than you must be a poor poor man. To tell you the truth if it gets to the 60 day point I may just settle for an extended warrantee and or life time road service; after all the time I spent in getting all things fixed. At times I wonder if these manufactures give a sh"”! Winnebago was great after they got word from the FL Attorney General.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:32 PM   #17
Winnebago Camper

No I am not a poor-poor man,but i can certainly read between the lines!
Old 04-30-2005, 05:43 AM   #18
Winnie-Wise

Well said. It sure sounds like to much to be wrong with a brand new coach to me Winnebago is loosing it's reputation in my book. Shoody wordmanship! Good luck in resolving so many of your "NEW" coach problems.
2001 32-V Suncruiser,Ford V-10, 310 HP, 4 Koni FSD's, KVH Tracvision,trickle charge, awning travel lock, 1 dinning room slide; no roof leaks, 03malibu toad sometimes, Blackhawk all terrain towbar, Roadmaster brake Pro,1 wife,1 westy, life is good!
bobpie is offline   Reply With Quote