Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #1
Winnie-Wise

In my 2002 Journey manual it states the Freightliner chassis does not have the motoraid hot water system.
My water heater has 2 rubber hose lines in and out of the water heater. I have only had this coach a short time, so still learning. I turned on the hot water faucet after driving and it started to come out warm, then shut it off as other things beconing. My better half,
So, is this just a miss print in the manual, or do the DL series or both have this feature?
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 02:03 PM   #2
Winnie-Wise

In my 2002 Journey manual it states the Freightliner chassis does not have the motoraid hot water system.
My water heater has 2 rubber hose lines in and out of the water heater. I have only had this coach a short time, so still learning. I turned on the hot water faucet after driving and it started to come out warm, then shut it off as other things beconing. My better half,
So, is this just a miss print in the manual, or do the DL series or both have this feature?
RCtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:01 PM   #3
Winnebago Owner

Not sure about the 2002 year models, but our 2006 Journey has the MotorAid and I know our 2001 Rialta had the MotorAid.

-----
boulderado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:11 PM   #4
Winnebago Master

My 2002 has that feature as did my 1997 Adventurer. I remember being surprised the first time we used the Adventurer and hot water came out of the faucet after a few hours of driving.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:20 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

I think all Journeys have the Motoraid feature. My '00 Journey had it, as does my '07.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Pusherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 03:47 PM   #6

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by RCtime:
So, is this just a miss print in the manual, or do the DL series or both have this feature? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have a low-end 2005 Sightseer and have the motoraid hot water system. I was surprised when I first discovered it but it sure is a nice feature.
Richard 34A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 03:47 AM   #7
Winnie-Wise

RC,

Call Winnie and they can tell you.

'05 Meridian 36G
CHIPPYSGT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 07:24 PM   #8
Winnebago Owner

Hi Ron,

Mine doesn't have it.

John
bellsharbor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2008, 05:53 AM   #9
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bellsharbor:
Hi Ron,

Mine doesn't have it.

John </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

All 2002 Journey's came standard with motoraid. If you don;t have it someone took it out, disconnected it or turned the valve off. I'm not certain if there is a shut off valve inline. Or someone replaced your water heater with a non-motoraid heater.

Are you the original owner???

-Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote