Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-11-2015, 07:35 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Disappointed Via

Purchased a 2012 winabago via from lazydays tampa and the radio stopped working at 2 weeks and thats where it all started by them giving me a # to call the radio maufacture to deal with it myself . Have had nothing but trouble every since.
terryvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2015, 08:40 PM   #2
Winnebago Owner

:welcome:

Sorry that your first post here is about a disappointment. A lot of time electronics are referred to the manufacturer rather then the dealer, as the dealer is usually not equipted to handle electronic troubleshooting. I assume that you have checked the fuse for the radio.

What other problems are you having with your RV?

Glad you're here. Happy Trails!!
Old 03-11-2015, 09:18 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by terryvt View Post
Purchased a 2012 winabago via from lazydays tampa and the radio stopped working at 2 weeks and thats where it all started by them giving me a # to call the radio maufacture to deal with it myself . Have had nothing but trouble every since.
First Welcome!
Now not knowing much about your Rving experience I'll make some comments. When you buy a car even a used late model car, a normal car dealer will adjust any problems to keep you happy. RV dealers are not that way, almost 100%, I'm sure there are some exceptions. I was greatly surprised at this considering the cost of these RV's but that's the way it is. Sorry, I had people warn me but I thought surly not! Tough lesson, but it is what it is!

Now, since you have problems you now have come to the best place to help with answers and fixes! Look this forum over, ask questions in appropriate areas and watch as others much like you tell you how they handled it. If you've had a problem with a radio I'm sure others have too!
Old 03-11-2015, 10:02 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

Welcome, it's just the radio. Fortunately that's an easy one! just to make you feel at home on the forum let me remiss the past two weeks. You'll feel wonderful!. Found both ends of the full wall slide with small leaks that had been there for some time. Consequently gravity took the water to the bottom of the ends of the slides delaminating approximately six square feet total. no problem. Fixed it, I'm good with boat stuff. saved a couple thousand! fast forward to yesterday, Aguahot was leaking all over the place! found the leaks and fixed them.! . Today the diesel burner side was not working, no nice long hot shower. forgot to put the service cover back on so as a safety measure the system shuts down the burner. ahhh, I'm not done! the washing machine flashed an error code saying electrical error? out comes the meter, you start at the pedestal and work your way-inside. Replaced the GFI as the voltage was fluctuating ? Nope not that? yep you guessed it something fried somewhere took all the cover doors off, took down the panels with screws holding the washer and dryer in place, found where the gorilla installing the panel had broken three four inch lags off power tapping them in, yep pry bar, tape, cussing at FW, but I got them off! called the Maytag repair man. He'll be here Friday and relieve lots of "dinero" from my billfold oh yeah, the microwave may have caught a surge also even with the Progressive and EMS of the bus! that trouble shoot starts in the AM! did you mention a radio? Again:

Clayobx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to IRV2......

Chiefbvfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:08 AM   #6
Winnebago Camper

:welcome: Welcome, glad to meet you!
FMCA #F431170, GS #822128658, Escapees SKP #112655
2012 Airstream Mercedes Interstate Class B
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Medico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:18 AM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via MSN to KennyGolub
Welcome !!

I hope the radio ends up being your only problem and it gets repaired to your satisfaction.
KennyGolub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 07:54 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Our Blog
hal1phx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:11 AM   #9
Winnebago Owner

Welcome to the forum! We're sure glad you joined us!

Hope you get your problem solved quickly! Enjoy the forum!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:11 AM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Good luck with your outcome.
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 08:36 AM   #11
Winnebago Watcher

Welcome to the forum Terryvt. I hope that the issues with your Via are resolved soon and the good times can start. What this community offers to all is a collective wealth of experience and expertise. Share with us some inside and outside pics of your coach. I am sure that it is beautiful.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (on order)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
HavingABlast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 09:03 AM   #12
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavingABlast View Post
Welcome to the forum Terryvt. I hope that the issues with your Via are resolved soon and the good times can start. What this community offers to all is a collective wealth of experience and expertise. Share with us some inside and outside pics of your coach. I am sure that it is beautiful.

2015 Newmar Ventana 3636 (on order)
2014 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited
Did anybody notice the OP said 2012 - I bought my 2012 3 years and 4 months ago - just posting now ???
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:24 PM   #13
Winnebago Watcher

will always be disapointed

Yes purchased in 2012 hot off of press and just found this fourm but radio was first proplem and then after got new one it lasted a month and touch screen stopped working, then a bad shimmy at 70 mp took to mercedes and they said there was no proplem then took to a alignment shop to find a bad tie rod . This was at less than 8000 miles. for next 5000 miles were good except for cabinet hardware was contiue problems of falling apart.then at about 16000 miles the auto shifter started working strangly by not shifting up. used to need to put it in neutral and rev engine then back to drive on the move to get it to shift. then at about 20000 miles another shimmy and again Mercedes says nothing wrong. Now the worst of all at 25000 miles i have a very annoying squeak so i take to mercedes and they check it over and say it must be a problem of winnebago so i leave there only to find its getting worse so take it to a used rv repair place and with in half hour they say drive shaft joints are nearly seised and sure enough he takes it out and they are so tight it can hardly turn by hand. Has been to Canada 2 summers and rest of miles in Florida .It has junk written all over it. Thought I was buying the best that money could buy. What a joke.
terryvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:32 PM   #14
Winnebago Master

To put this in perspective: We just bought a 2009 CC Magna with the Cummins ISX 650 engine. About 3,000 miles later the engine ate a valve. At present we're into it about $5,100 and they are just opening up the engine to see the damage and it could easily top $15,000. I'd be glad if a bad radio was the only problem we had!
Mr_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 03:38 PM   #15
Winnebago Master

Not familure with your rig but let me tell you about mine...Radio was intermitent,,kept cutting in and out,,Symptoms indicated loose conneciton.

Was saving money on haricuts (Pulling it out) when finally I found a relay board, in my case on the firewall... parking break pedal area.. but it could be easy... Has a bunch of RCA (Phono) connectors on it (like used for audio cables beween stuff) never had I looked at the MOLEX connectors (Large multi pin milk plastic jobs)

You see, same speakers are used by dash radio and "House" radio

Relay selectes which,operated by ignition switch

Pushed on one of 'em, heard a sharp "CLICK" as the latches hit home (Latched) not a single issue since.

YES, they did not plug it in all the way

Several places that could be done.
Old 03-12-2015, 03:59 PM   #16
Winnebago Owner

Terryvt , I know how you feel, maybe your problems with coach doesn't seem to be a big deal to a lot of people . But some have forgot how they felt when they were new to the RV world of dealers. I do agree that most Dealers, (if not all ) don't really care after the sale and that is just the way it is. Some MH owners have been at it so long they just accepted it, but that doesn't mean that is the right way dealers should operate. Let's not forget the amount of money they are making selling RV s . Most dealers today are large and are run very poorly . ( don't know what the other hand is doing most of the time) I am still amazed how some want to find excuses for the poor service dealers give. There is a lot of good info. from a lot of knowledgeable people on this forum . WELCOME
WV Bum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:30 PM   #17
Winnie-Wise

Reading the comments its all the chassis and engine - not Winnebago
rream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:32 PM   #18
Winnebago Camper

Thumbs up

Welcome from a RV newbie!!
Tytlfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 05:51 PM   #19
Winnebago Camper

Send a message via ICQ to Fred and Bonnie
Quote:
Originally Posted by rream View Post
Reading the comments its all the chassis and engine - not Winnebago
You may want to reread the OP's second post where is stated he was constantly repairing the interior cabinet hardware.

Fred
Fred and Bonnie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2015, 06:06 PM   #20
Winnebago Owner

I'm not so sure I want to drive mine anymore I'm thinking I should quit while I'm ahead
See My RV Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote