Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2020, 06:05 PM   #1
RonBonoSr

Dinghy towing a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee

I am considering the purchase of a 2020 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited or a 2020 Jeep Cherokee Latitude to replace my 2015 Jeep Cherokee Latitude which I tow behind my 2016 Winnebago Vista LX powered by the Ford V10.. It is no longer possible to get Active Drive II, necessary for Dinghy towing, in the Cherokee Latitude. If you want to remain with a Cherokee, you must upgrade to the Trailhawk which weighs approximately 300 lbs more and costs thousands more. Another option would be to upgrade to the Grand Cherokee Limited which is a little more costly than the Trailhawk , is approximately 300 lbs. heavier, and requires the use of a battery disconnect switch/device. Is 4,625 lbs, weight of the Grand Cherokee too close to the maximum weight limit of 5,000 lbs for the hitch? Are there any issues in towing the Trailhawk or Grand Cherokee that you are aware of? Does using a battery disconnect device erase all your radio presets when used? What type/kind of battery disconnect device do you use?
Thanks for your much needed advice.
Sincerely,
Ron
RonBonoSr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tow, towing