Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #1
Administrator Emeritus

With the hopes that this topic forum might catch someone's eye,rather than being buried in the "tv" or inverter forum, I've decided to turn over the trash can and see what I can find out.

Most of you know I ordered a 2006 Vectra 40KD on October 7th of this year.
Most of you know I haven't had much luck finding out where it is either....

Yesterday when I contacted the dealer by telephone, he called and left a voice mail to someone at Winnebago. That person never called him back yesterday.

Today I drove to the dealer,where I watched the salesman place a call and leave yet another message on this person's voicemail.
My coach was released for delivery last week,as Winnebago called and verified the floor plan information from the dealer. (Dealer pays for it....then I do when it gets here.)

Dealer told me today they "feel" the coach is being held up as a result of all those delivery drivers that are delivering those all important FEMA trailers that no one is apparently using.

It has now been eleven weeks and I am not crazy about getting into a situation where I wait weeks on end, when it can be confirmed that my coach is just sitting in Forest City,waiting for someone to deliver it here.

Will Winnebago allow me to fly out there and take delivery of it?

What would you do?
rebelsbeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 04:37 PM   #2
Administrator Emeritus

With the hopes that this topic forum might catch someone's eye,rather than being buried in the "tv" or inverter forum, I've decided to turn over the trash can and see what I can find out.

Most of you know I ordered a 2006 Vectra 40KD on October 7th of this year.
Most of you know I haven't had much luck finding out where it is either....

Yesterday when I contacted the dealer by telephone, he called and left a voice mail to someone at Winnebago. That person never called him back yesterday.

Today I drove to the dealer,where I watched the salesman place a call and leave yet another message on this person's voicemail.
My coach was released for delivery last week,as Winnebago called and verified the floor plan information from the dealer. (Dealer pays for it....then I do when it gets here.)

Dealer told me today they "feel" the coach is being held up as a result of all those delivery drivers that are delivering those all important FEMA trailers that no one is apparently using.

It has now been eleven weeks and I am not crazy about getting into a situation where I wait weeks on end, when it can be confirmed that my coach is just sitting in Forest City,waiting for someone to deliver it here.

Will Winnebago allow me to fly out there and take delivery of it?

What would you do?
Old 12-20-2005, 05:05 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

I would call the factory directly and go through people until I am able to talk to someone that can give me the answer I wanted. Likely, they will as policy say you can not self deliver. However, there is someone in the company that will be able to ok self delivery.

However, you have a worst problem, winter salt. Look up the threads on corrosion from the unit being delivered in the winter. You could probably pick clear road days and do all right. You could also make sure your unit is washed properly.

Good luck.
targaboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:07 PM   #4
Administrator Emeritus

I received the name and phone number of the company that delivers Winnie's motor homes on another forum this evening.

Supposedly,with the serial number their dispatch can "track" the status of the delivery.

I'll be calling them in the morning!!
Old 12-20-2005, 06:17 PM   #5
Winnebago Master

My coach took 12 weeks to build.

I never spoke to my dealer. I called the factory for the progress. They even told me the company that was supplying a drive to deliver it. I took delivery last Jan. 25th and I wanted to watch the weather as the coach was being delivered to Buffalo. I picked it up and drove to FL.

Bennett DriveAway delivered mine.

http://www.bennettig.com/BMEda/bme_da_index.html

If Bennett supplied the driver you can reach them at: Amy Stookey <[email protected]>

By the time I got a response where my coach was from Amy Stookey my coach was sitting in Buffalo.

I suggest calling the factory. They told me when my coach was scheduled for the paintshop, scheduled completion, scheduled ship date and when it was actually shipped. It was actually shipped 4 days after it was scheduled to be shipped.

But, like I stated think 12 weeks and have a little more patience. Although you may want that sales tax deduction for this year.

My buddies Allegro Bus arrived from the factory last week. We are picking it up this Thursday. He traded his unused problematic '05 Horizon 40AD on the '06 Allegro Bus.

Tom
Tom N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2005, 06:22 PM   #6
Winnebago Master

Yes, winter salt. I live near Pittsburgh and my coach was delivered to my dealer near Buffalo in mid Janaury. I called the dealer and asked if they normally wash the underneath of new coaches. They told me that they did but not when it was below freezing. I instructed them to pressure wash it and they did.

Tom
Old 12-21-2005, 01:54 AM   #7
Administrator Emeritus

Thanks Tom,it's just disheartening as I know the coach is done and now just sitting there.

Spoke to wife's sister in Saxonburg,PA last night she said it got down to single digits in your neck of the woods....BRRR!

I got the Bennett phone number from someone off rv.net last night.
Old 12-21-2005, 02:28 AM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

We ordered the factory undercoating on our 2005 Journey and it was well worth it. It was delivered in about 12 weeks, last Dec.
Mdshedman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 04:30 AM   #9
Administrator Emeritus

Pretty soon we will need a scorecard to know all the players in this one.....Went back and checked my papers,I was told on the 6TH the unit was released for delivery.

Just called the dealer to get the serial number and was told the unit in fact is NOT cleared for delivery,as apparently there's a problem with the after-cooler.

Once I get the serial number I am going to call Winnebago myself and get the straight story as something's just not sounding right.
Old 12-21-2005, 06:22 AM   #10
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rebelsbeach:
Just called the dealer to get the serial number and was told the unit in fact is NOT cleared for delivery,as apparently there's a problem with the after-cooler. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Bob - the serial number is the key to finding out the status of the coach. My first task with our ordered coach was to keep bugging the dealer until I found out the serial number. Then I could call WInnie myself and check up on the coach's status. I found this to be more effective than waiting on the dealer for information.

2005 Horizon 40AD, 2005 Jeep Liberty CRD
John_Canfield is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2005, 09:08 AM   #11
Winnebago Master

Winnebago gave me my VIN number. All I had to give them was my name and dealer.

Tom
Old 12-21-2005, 09:20 AM   #12
Winnebago Owner

Bob,

I know you are anxious but there are a few things working for you.

If the unit is finished it would classified as finished goods at the factory. Units in that inventory are subject to taxes. Some bean counter will eventually discover this and send it on its way.

A finished MH is costing someone money somewhere. Since we are not talking about the Government, that entity has limmited pockets.
Old 12-21-2005, 10:00 AM   #13
Winnebago Master

Check your driveway Christmas morning. Rumor has it that Santa will be leaving it wrapped in a big red bow!!!

And the bill!

hohoho
Old 12-21-2005, 10:36 AM   #14
Administrator Emeritus

I've titled today's version "As the World Turns" as it seemed appropriate.

Visited the dealer today,got my serial number and some other very interesting news.Dealer himself happened to be sitting in showroom when I arrived and told me had talked to his Winnie rep this morning and the coach had failed the "white glove" inspection on the 14th because of the tranny cooler. (Didn't they tell me "after cooler" yesterday?)
Anyway,I laughed and left,armed with the serial number.

When I got home I called the service number (1-800-866-5500) and was pretty much told the coach would be released to Bennett this afternoon....The service fellow seemed a bit "weirded out" giving me information and suggested I call the dealer,to which I told him I hadn't had much luck there.

Anyway....as the world turns!!
Old 12-21-2005, 10:54 AM   #15
Winnebago Master

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">and the coach had failed the "white glove" inspection on the 14th </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This is very good. Proves WI is putting more effort into their Horizon/Vectra line since they moved it "up north".
Old 12-21-2005, 06:33 PM   #16
Winnie-Wise

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by resqguy:
Bob,

If the unit is finished it would classified as finished goods at the factory. Units in that inventory are subject to taxes. Some bean counter will eventually discover this and send it on its way.

A finished MH is costing someone money somewhere. Since we are not talking about the Government, that entity has limmited pockets. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Might I ask what tax it is subject to?
Old 12-22-2005, 11:14 AM   #17
Administrator Emeritus

I am happy to report that the issues regarding the delivery of my coach have been resolved.
Without contacting the individual at Winnebago again and asking his permission to release his name,I will simply say that,as a DIRECT RESULT of someone from Winnebago reading this forum,my issue was brought to the forefront and investigated.
Seems there was indeed a communication breakdown and I must say,having had contact with Winnebago this morning,the ball in my opinion was dropped on the dealer's end.

Not only did the Winnebago representative contact me by email more than once,he made a personal phone call to my dealership's owner and told him what was going on.
I am proud to be involved with an organization whereby they actually care about their customer.
Thank you to all that offered advice,thank you especially to Cruzer for getting the Winnebago rep and I together and thank you especially to the fine folks at Winnebago.

A footnote.....I just received a call from the dealer and was told the coach is ready,they found a Bennett driver to work over the holidays and the coach is expected to be in Virginia Beach on the 29th.

For those of you that wonder if anyone is reading these forums, I can offer concrete proof of that occurring.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to ALL

Old 12-22-2005, 12:05 PM   #18
Winnebago Owner

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Might I ask what tax it is subject to? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not a tax expert but in most states companies are taxed on inventory. I think Nevada and some other states don't do this. A completed product in "finished goods" takes the value of a completed product instead of the value of the individual or raw parts.
Old 12-22-2005, 12:20 PM   #19
Winnebago Master

To the best of my knowledge, there is no Value Added Tax (VAT) in any state.

Are you in Europe by any chance???
Old 12-22-2005, 12:24 PM   #20
Winnebago Master

Bob;

Congrats on the good news. Send us pics of the new rig when you get it. Also glad to hear someone from Winnebago monitors this forum.
'07 Country Coach Allure 470 Siskiyou Summit #31578, Cummins ISL 425; 2014 Ford F150 toad; Air Force One Toad Brake.
Glen Allen, VA; Smith Mountain Lake, VA.
smlranger is offline   Reply With Quote