Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-06-2021, 12:09 PM   #1
Winnebago Camper

Dashboard A/c-heater fan speeds not working

I have a 2006 Itasca Sunova 26P and for a while now the heater/AC switch on the dash only goes off or high. I replaced the switch with a new one from Winnebago parts but no change. I'm wondering if anyone has any suggestions regarding this. Thanks.
GPanek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 01:20 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Hi. Your fan blower motor resistor coil is dead and gone. The part is fairly cheap...around 40 bucks and easily replaced if you know where to access your blower motor. I had the same problem a month ago and the RV dealers didn't want to touch it as it is a "chassis" problem and the Ford Dealerships wouldn't touch it as it was a "motorhome" problem. I found the part and replaced it in about 40 minutes. Cheers.
Vista 27N, V10 Ford.
KRJB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 02:25 PM   #3
Winnebago Camper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KRJB View Post
Hi. Your fan blower motor resistor coil is dead and gone. The part is fairly cheap...around 40 bucks and easily replaced if you know where to access your blower motor. I had the same problem a month ago and the RV dealers didn't want to touch it as it is a "chassis" problem and the Ford Dealerships wouldn't touch it as it was a "motorhome" problem. I found the part and replaced it in about 40 minutes. Cheers.
Vista 27N, V10 Ford.
Great! Thanks. Now I have to find this resister coil and then find out where to get the part. I have the chevy workhorse frame and engine on this class A. Getting at parts is somewhat of a nightmare. Looking from the front of the vehicle under the hood I see the blower area. Attached are pics of three possibilities of where it might be. Any ideas? Looks like I'm not able to attach a pic from my phone. Maybe ill try again from my computer.
Old 12-06-2021, 02:52 PM   #4
Winnebago Camper

links to pics of possible resister coils. I had to upload to my album.
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...cture2635.html
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...cture2634.html
this is all three that I could see under the hood
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...cture2633.html

Any idea on which one it is? thanks..
Old 12-06-2021, 04:28 PM   #5
Winnebago Camper

They look like relays. The resistor block is much larger 3" x 5" or so, usually located close to the blower motor.
eaglelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2021, 04:38 PM   #6
Winnebago Camper

apparently this is it.
https://www.winnieowners.com/forums/...cture2635.html
in talking to winnebago parts dept. Resister-Fused, A/C 4 term
Apparently the most commonly ordered resister. I think it was like $10-15 but of course S&H another $15. I kinda doubt I could have found it on Amazon.
Old 12-06-2021, 07:30 PM   #7
Winnebago Camper

Most of the blowers are located behind the panel just in front of the passenger seat. On my Ford Chassis the resister is actually just to the left of centre of the blower motor housing. For the exact part you can call an RV dealer that sells your companies RV and tell them what you want and what it is for and with the VIN they can give you the exact part #. Use that part number to find your part at O'Reily's or other auto part store near you....or get it to mechanic who can change it for you...it is quite simple once you find the part though (and once you locate the fan blower....it will be inside the RV under the dash most likely.)
best of luck with this.
Vista 27N, Ford V10.
Old 12-07-2021, 12:37 PM   #8
Winnebago Watcher

I just purchased the relay for my Winnebago. I ordered it from PDX RV LLC. Dash Blower Motor Resistor, SKU 11-00545. I hope this is what you are looking for, it looks the same as your posted picture.
KEDWARD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2021, 09:32 PM   #9
Winnebago Camper

Yes that is it. Just take off the 4 wire connector, undo those screws (you may have to trim away the sealant) and remove the resistor. Fit the new one in the same place, put back the 2 screws, reapply sealant, replace the wire connector and you will enjoy the results. Cheers.
2018 Vista 27N, Ford V10.

Tags
dash, fan, heat, heater