Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-29-2021, 03:28 PM   #41
Winnebago Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones2003 View Post
Jim_HiTek, I think all of the motorhomes being discussed here have a water cutoff that is actuated by an electric motor and are not air actuated. Do you think the electric water valves have the same efficiency problem?
Almost seems as if that bleed through is purposeful as it seems pretty common on the many vehicles I've owned and worked on over the years. An electric valve is typically better at fully closing so any bleed through would seem to be purposeful to me.

Easy way to see if it makes any difference is to set the control all the way blue, get the engine up to temp, then go out and feel the hoses. If it's working efficiently, you'd expect to feel a large difference in temp between the hoses. If the return hose is as hot as the input hose, indicates bleed through. You can then try putting a clamp on the input hose. (What you lose doing that is a small amount of engine cooling and on an average day, nothing to worry about). If that makes a difference, maybe consider a bypass.

Anyone who remembers their youth maintaining their own cars remembers the trick of rerouting the heater core water if there's a leak in the core. Just sayin' that's all you'd be doing here.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2021, 05:02 AM   #42
Winnebago Camper

I have the same problem with my 2021 vista
gmulcahy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 12:34 PM   #43
Winnebago Camper

I am experience a dash air conditioner problem very similar to a posting by another with a 2021 Winnebago Adventurer 35F. I have a 2021 Winnebago Adventurer 33C and I get COLD air from the dash when stopped and at slow speeds but it gets warmer the faster you go and anything faster than 55 MPH is starts getting hot. At 65 you cannot even go to vent and get the air from outside in as my outside temp was cooler than inside. I have reached out to General RV to see what they can find as this is prime camping season and local Ford Dealers want me to drop it off and say they will get to in the three weeks but do not schedule any appointments. This is very frustrating as I owned a 2006 Winnebago Voyage with the GM workhorse and had no dash air issues. Any insight?? Mark Robidou
mrobidou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 01:28 PM   #44

Variable Vacuum or Water Valve Fix or Both?

I don't know if this thread is relevant to your problem(s), but it may be. This one diesel pusher owner said this is how he fixed his warm air problem:

INSTALLING A BALL VALVE TO FIX WARM AC PROBLEM (See post #60)

https://www.irv2.com/forums/f258/das...-489848-5.html

Note: This owner may have a different water valve, but I wonder if the principles are the same? IDK. I'm just throwing it out there and if it's relevant, please let us know.

* Also, the diagram below may not apply to your new AC dash system, but most of the principles are the same. I include it so everyone can see what this closed system looks like until cold air is passed through the dash ventilation system.

VACUUM FIX

The other fix has already been mentioned. I.e., if your blend door if controlled by vacuum, and if your engine under load decreases vacuum for whatever reason, then loosing vacuum to the blend door is allowing warm air to enter into your dash vents.

That being the case, the short term, immediate fix my be: "Can I camp the vacuum line when my engine is idling, so the blend door stays in one position all the time (in the cold position) so it is no longer affected by the engine variable vacuum, and I always get cold air out the vents?"

* Also, I would inspect all your vacuum hoses. Mine were cracked and leaking and I just clipped off the ends and reinserted the hose. Problem solved in my older rig.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HVAC Hot Water Valve Bypass.jpg
Views:	171
Size:	244.0 KB
ID:	179252   Click image for larger version

Name:	Typical Diesel Pusher AC System (KEEP).PNG
Views:	150
Size:	358.8 KB
ID:	179253  

imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2021, 02:33 PM   #45
Winnebago Camper

Problem now fixed, Thanks to Mickey_Z
Hoses were flipped around as he has stated.
Old 06-04-2021, 05:54 AM   #46
Winnebago Camper

Mickey Z, I plan to pick up my 2021 Adventurer in storage tomorrow and prep for my trip on Tuesday. The question is can I do this swap or does it have to be done by the factory?
Looking at 90' temps on Tuesday in Michigan. I have calls into my dealer but awaiting any type of response as I sent them a snap of this chain. If possible an actual picture of yours under the hood would be greatly appreciated. Not afraid to work on vehicles just not that familiar with where these hoses are under the hood.
Old 06-04-2021, 09:20 AM   #47
Winnebago Camper

This is what Winnebago sent me to fix the Dash AC heat issue

Name:	AC Fix.PNG
Views:	623
Size:	377.5 KB
ID:	179278
Old 06-04-2021, 01:11 PM   #48
Winnebago Camper

Guys, I am being given the run around with regard to getting this resolved. Has anyone done this themselves in a driveway? If so, do I need any additional parts and or coolant?
Any help will be appreciated as I am trying to resolve this issue before I depart on vacation in 90' projected heat next week.
Old 06-05-2021, 04:26 PM   #49
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey_Z View Post
Just got my 2021 Vista back from the dealer. I had to call Winnebago direct and connect them to the dealer to get this resolved. After 3 fixes mentioned in previous post issue was found with coolant lines on new 7.3L. Evidently Input/Output are reversed compared to previous 6.8L and are connected to coolant 3 way valve feeding AC unit. Probably many units with this issue. I'm attaching pics of the hose routing that solved this issue. My dealer says there is a TSB from Winnebago forthcoming.
Wow! Thanks for your perseverance! I've had the same dash AC problem since taking delivery of our unit in March. The dash AC would work fine as long as engine RPMs stayed below about 2,200 RPM, once above that, it kicked into heat mode and wouldn't cool until the engine was stopped (which seemed to "reset" the system). I'll be sure to share this with the dealer, as I've got a list of half a dozen items to be fixed.
Old 06-18-2021, 10:27 PM   #50
Winnebago Watcher

I'm doing the fix myself.

I'm going to fix this problem of the hose reversal on my 2020 Adventurer 29b this weekend. I will post as many pics as possible. I think it will be an easy fix.
bhaack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 11:52 AM   #51
Winnie-Wise

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaack View Post
I'm going to fix this problem of the hose reversal on my 2020 Adventurer 29b this weekend. I will post as many pics as possible. I think it will be an easy fix.
Welcome to Winnie Owners.
rgvtexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2021, 08:51 AM   #52
2021 Vista 29V

2021 Vista 29E

Thanks Mickey_Z for the posts May 20 and 27. We are having the same issue with AC blowing hot air. We’ve had at two shops without resolutions. These posts should direct them better. Coming off a trip now and will get it fixed and report back to all.
DJLs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2021, 11:47 AM   #53
Winnebago Watcher

Easy Fix 2020 Adventurer 29b AC Vents blowing hot...

I fixed the problem with the AC blowing hot during high RPM's or climbing. There are two hoses that were install incorrectly and must be switched. Easy access from the doghouse. Four images are attached. I will post one more with final image.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Image 01.png
Views:	310
Size:	1.60 MB
ID:	179788   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 02.png
Views:	200
Size:	1.76 MB
ID:	179789  

Name:	Image 03.png
Views:	208
Size:	1.58 MB
ID:	179790   Click image for larger version

Name:	Image 04.png
Views:	217
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	179791  

Old 06-26-2021, 11:50 AM   #54
Winnebago Watcher

Easy Fix

Here is the final image with hoses switched. I live in Vancouver, WA and drove to Mt. St. Helen's and the issue is resolved. Constant cold air...the way it should have been when I purchased new.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	Image 05.png
Views:	133
Size:	1.77 MB
ID:	179792  
Old 06-26-2021, 12:22 PM   #55
Proud “No Intent” Owner

After all that, and it turned out to be an OEM issue. Wow, glad that got figured out, for everyone.
Old 06-26-2021, 12:47 PM   #56
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhaack View Post
Here is the final image with hoses switched. I live in Vancouver, WA and drove to Mt. St. Helen's and the issue is resolved. Constant cold air...the way it should have been when I purchased new.
This is great! And looks easy. Many, many thanks!

How much fluid did you have to add to the radiator to top it off after switching the lines?
Old 06-27-2021, 05:38 PM   #57
Winnebago Watcher

Very, very little came out. I would guess at about a 1/2 cup at most. It wasn't enough to change the level on the reservoir.
Old 07-20-2021, 10:05 AM   #58
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
After all that, and it turned out to be an OEM issue. Wow, glad that got figured out, for everyone.
Thanks to everyone on iRV forum broadcasting the same dash AC non-cooling issues they've had, I requested that the dealer (Campers Inn) do the hose swap on my MH as part of other warranty service.

Well, they didn't want to do the hose swap without Winnebago's approval, but I said I'd pay to have it done first without W's OK.

Waddaknow...the hose swap worked!

Ready now to hit the road again! This forum for sharing ideas and experiences is invaluable!
Old 08-01-2021, 12:39 PM   #59
Winnebago Watcher

Air Problems

Just now ran across this post. My 2021 Vista 29V had the exact same AC problem:

the dashboard air conditioner cooling shuts off with engine under load. The dash fan continues to keep running & blowing air but it's like there's a engine load switch that shuts off the AC cooling compressor in any gear but top (6/6) gear. So, you're cruising along on flat ground at 60mph and come to a not-too-steep upgrade, the transmission downshifts to 5/6 gear and in about 30 seconds you & the passenger notice the air coming from the dash is no longer cold and getting warmer. About 30 seconds after reaching the top of the hill, the air from the vents begins to get cold again.

Another test:

• Turn AC on full
• Set cruise control to 60mph
• 6th gear – 60mph – 2100rpm
• Note cold air from vents
• Put trans on manual, downshift to 5th gear
• Cruise control still on, still 60mph, now 2700rpm
• Cold air stops coming out of vents
• Switch back to 6th gear, cold air resumes

SO, there was no load increase or torque demand on the engine, just rpm….

Winnebago told me to go to a Ford dealer as it's a chassis problem. Took it to Future Ford in Roseville, CA where it spent 6 weeks with WB telling Ford which procedures to follow, testing to do, hoses to swap, parts to replace or actually sending parts to Ford...to no avail. They replaced every AC component except the compressor and told me they couldn't figure it out. WB told me to drive it - they had some other sold units with similar symptoms and as soon as they could nail down the exact cause, they would have me bring it back to the shop for resolution. I ended up becoming phone friends with the chief resolution guy at WB who offered to extend my warranty by 6 weeks. I went & picked it up and have driven it over 2000 miles since then and THE AC WORKS PERFECTLY! Go figure........
Call me if you want more info.... 707-975-6846 Bryan
Bdub29V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 10:38 AM   #60
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bdub29V View Post

Winnebago told me to go to a Ford dealer as it's a chassis problem. Took it to Future Ford in Roseville, CA where it spent 6 weeks with WB telling Ford which procedures to follow, testing to do, hoses to swap, parts to replace or actually sending parts to Ford...to no avail. They replaced every AC component except the compressor and told me they couldn't figure it out. WB told me to drive it - they had some other sold units with similar symptoms and as soon as they could nail down the exact cause, they would have me bring it back to the shop for resolution. I ended up becoming phone friends with the chief resolution guy at WB who offered to extend my warranty by 6 weeks. I went & picked it up and have driven it over 2000 miles since then and THE AC WORKS PERFECTLY! Go figure........
Call me if you want more info.... 707-975-6846 Bryan
I'd be willing to bet that the hose swap worked and just wasn't tested afterwards. Great way to run up the warranty service bill...

Just got back from 2,300 mile trip after the hose swap. Dash AC worked as it should in all temps from ATL to Traverse City, MI and back.

Tags
dash, engine, vent