Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-08-2021, 04:15 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Dash ac

We are on a 7 week trip and the dash ac is no longer working (2018 Winnebago Forza). We are using the cabin ac while we travel in 90+ areas. Is there any specific things that are inherent in this model we should look at? Who is best to look at this on the road? Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. We will be home in 2 weeks and can address at that time if necessary.
Ben B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 05:29 PM   #2
Winnebago Camper

Are all your taillights working?

My dash AC also stopped last summer while out west. My front Coleman died a couple days before that! Not related at all... but later on I was informed my blinker/stop lights were out.

Back home and at Freightliner for warranty service, they replaced some kind of power distribution module in the rear somewhere. Fixed both the lights and dash air. I'm pretty sure there's a service bulletin for this.
Old 06-08-2021, 07:21 PM   #3
Winnebago Watcher

Did the AC get start blowing warm air or just completely die? If it starting blowing warm air, there's an electric valve controlled by the dash panel that turns the coolant lines from the engine when that AC is in use. I have a Horizon 40a and the valve is directly in front of the driver on the firewall, easy to find as there are 2 coolant tines running into and out of it. The easy way to test is to put a set of hose clamp pliers on the line and if it's the valve it will cure the issue. I had the exact issue this spring.

s
Q-Branch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2021, 11:16 PM   #4

Do a search for Dash AC fix if yo intend to DIY. All these RV Dash AC systems work on the same principle.

Or take it to any AC shop who is willing work on our RV and expect to pay $550-$650 if you do not have a component failure which is only about 10% of the time.

Note: You might get lucky and you can add 1 can of 12oz 134a to your system and it will come back to life. You just need the 134a can and the adapter you can get at Napa for $25.

The good news is that all DP with the engine in the back have their Dash AC components in easy reach... located above the generator up front.
imnprsd is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dash