Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-27-2023, 04:37 PM   #1
Winnebago Watcher

Considering a Winnebago Vista 29NPF

Hello. I don’t own an RV yet but, I’m considering buying a Winnebago Vista 29NPF. Any thoughts and/or suggestions?
n3cKb0nZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 06:17 PM   #2
Winnebago Master

It depends a lot on how you shop and how you think!
Do you like to look at how the parts fit together and things like how big the tanks and all kinds of details like that? Maybe look at a floor plan?

One good source if it is a farily new (after 2010) model, there is an interactive parts setup that lets us look at all kinds of details without actually having the RV in hand.
I'm a bug for wanting to know where they hid lots of things and this will let you do both spot where it is but also a list of what it is that often gives sizes and techie details like how big the generator, inverter, and tanks, etc.

https://catalog3d.winnebagoind.com/menu/Parts.htm

Throw in what year you are looking at and there may be some who have one who have some good ideas.
Morich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 07:22 PM   #3
Winnebago Master

Thoughts:

At its price point it is disappointing they dropped so many features from about the same unit called an Adventurer 29 last year including the 50 Amp electric and 2nd rooftop AC / Heat Pump unit. I have a 2015 model 29' Vista 27N and the 30 Amp electric / single roof top unit is a negative. Not quite enough capacity to keep the unit cool in very hot weather. I have to take extra measures to keep the heat out of the winshield and front side windows and you have to get the AC running before the interior heats up to get ahead of it and maintain a comfortable temp inside when it is 90 or above outside and sunny.

I'd look for an 2021 or 2022 Adventurer 29 for comparison. You could get a lot more RV for less money.
powercat_ras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 08:34 PM   #4
Site Team

Greetings Neck Bones,
From the Lichtsinn Dealership, I found this description:
Winnebago Vista and Sunstar National Park Edition
plus I found the video below.
How much are they asking for a Vista 29 NPV?
Have you ever rented a motorhome before?
Welcome to the forum.
Eagle5
Old 01-28-2023, 05:40 AM   #5
Winnebago Watcher

Thank you very much!! I’ve been playing around with the interactive site. It’s very informative
Old 01-28-2023, 05:44 AM   #6
Winnebago Watcher

Hello, I’ve never rented an RV before, I’ve only window shopped this far. Right now I’m fascinated with units that have outside kitchens
Old 01-28-2023, 06:38 AM   #7
Winnebago Owner

We are snowbirds spending 3 months from Iowa to Florida..Our 2018 29 VE affords us all the comforts of home with its outstanding floor plan.I think that should be the most important feature to be considered when choosing your rig. The 30A with only a single A/C unit might be a problem especially during the hot summer months for some,but you can help by covering windshield and windows during the midday heat..The outside kitchen is a feature that I didnt consider a big deal but I would not be without it now.. I suppose if you just do short weekends or daily usage other rigs would work just fine,but the 29VE suits us perfectly..Living with your spouse pets and kids for weeks / months in an RV does determine your wants and needs.Do your homework on your RV lifestyle befor you buy..good camping
Reniram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 10:24 AM   #8
Site Team

Hi again Neck Bones,
The Vista 29 NPF is a twin 50 amp (12,000 watt) system with two air conditioners, just as the other two currently made Vista models; the 29V and the 33K. No worries for power.
I would recommend that you rent a motorhome to help refine your tastes. My wife and I rented all four sizes from Cruise America before deciding that we wanted a Minnie Winnie 22M. Those four sizes at that time were:
  1. The Truck Camper (WAY too small for the two of us and a 100 pound dog)
  2. The Compact 19' Class C (Great for just me and the dog, as my wife didn't go on that trip)
  3. The 30' Class C (Fantastic amount of room, but too big for "day trips")
  4. The 25' Class C (A good compromise for size and "sneak it in" regular parking)
The 24'-2" Minnie Winnie 22M gives us a great size for the "sneak it in" day-trip parking, while still providing a ground-level Queen bed (as my wife's knee doesn't like climbing into an overhead bunk.)
Factors such as the length and duration of your trips, the need (or not) for a towed vehicle for side-trips, and where you can use it (parking space) should all be considered. Ultimately, is using a motorhome your preferred method of travel over other methods?
Happy shopping; Eagle5
Old 02-01-2023, 04:22 PM   #9
Winnebago Owner

It is basically the same as the 29VE. I don’t like where they moved the television, it eliminated some storage. But I think the batwing is a cool new feature.
CarpeDiem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2023, 06:42 PM   #10
Winnebago Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarpeDiem View Post
It is basically the same as the 29VE. I don’t like where they moved the television, it eliminated some storage. But I think the batwing is a cool new feature.
I understand the hesitancy about the new TV location, but in ours it is not terribly comfortable to watch from the couch as it is 45 degrees off to the right. We could use the Captains chairs, but our teenager puts down the front bed immediately on arrival at a camp site, and that's her domain.

San Francisco Bay Area
sundog964 is offline   Reply With Quote