Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Winnebago Owners Online Community > WINNEBAGO FLEET | MOTORHOMES and TRAILERS > Winnebago Class A Motorhomes
Click Here to Login
Register FilesRegistry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Log in

Old 12-26-2010, 01:39 PM   #21
Winnebago Owner

I'm guessing an electric stove would draw too much power along with everthing else running in the motorhome, air, water heater, microwave, heat pumps, etc. I'm sure Winnebago could offer it but I don't think there are many rv parks out there that have that kind of wiring to support the power required at each campsite. I just checked and in our house the cooktop has a dedicated 30 amp breaker and the oven has it's own 40 amp breaker. The most I've seen on the post at a campsite is 50 amps so you would be using over half of what's available just for the cooktop!
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2010, 03:25 PM   #22
Winnebago Master

Tiffin and other motor home manufacturers offer the all-electric coach on a 50 amp circuit. They have a three burner electric cooktop and no oven - convection microwave instead. Finding a place to fill propane is difficult in some areas and difficult to maneuver a motor home in others. And, I like the idea of not carrying the weight of the propane tank.
2016 Independent Publishers Book Awards Winner
LK23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 04:25 PM   #23
Winnebago Owner

Well, like I said, I'm sure they could offer it but it would use up most of your available electricity. I'm curious as to what percentage of the Tiffans are sold as all electric versus the propane stove option. I guess it would be ok if you didn't mind not being able to use a lot of the other electrically powered equipment while using your stove. I wonder if Winnebego has ever installed it at a special request for anyone? We're lucky in that it's easy to get propane in our area. The local propane companies will even come out to the campgrounds with a bulk truck and pump it into your tank if a few campers get together and make it worth their while to make the trip. My wife likes the propane stove in our motorhome and wishes we had one in the house but I'm not going to put in the piping for it.
Easyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2010, 06:02 PM   #24
Winnebago Owner

If propane is a big stumbling block, be advised that U-Haul centers have it. RV'ers get the professional discount. Electric ovens/tops, please....talk to someone who has them.
With a tag axle, IDF means little. Just drive a 2011 tag and you'll will wonder what all the fuss is about.
Personally, I've never had any problems with rear radiators.
We all spend a lot of time in the coach during travels. Being able to look straight ahead at the TV is the best thing since sliced bread. Any other brand have it?

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote